Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

1990sman wrote: »
    is donald trump running for president of Ireland?

no thread on who's the next minister for agriculture or trade commissioner for eu

No one is going to have a metal breakdown over that Irish Shiite but they will over the future POTUS. :cool: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Democrats would like to see the voting age lowered to 16.
    Why?

Democrats would allow illegals to vote if they got their way.
    Why?

Can you back those two statements up with evidence?
    As best I can make out there was a bill in Congress to lower the voting age but more than half of the Democratic representatives voted against it and lowering the voting age is not in their policy platform in 2020.
    I can't find any evidence that Democrats want to allow illegals to vote in Federal elections (some cities already allow non-citizens to vote in school board and other local elections).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

There is just no talking to the anti trumpers, we've seen it with Brexit and will see it again in November. These people don't believe in democracy. tunnel vision no other view point is considered. I can't wait for the meltdown on the trump threads on here. The mods will probably shut it down for good.

Boards is owned by the same company as journal. Ie. Expect the meltdown to be epic

Boards is owned by the same company as journal. Ie. Expect the meltdown to be epic

Did not know that. It explains a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I make a post saying how any criticism of the democrats and the first thing you do is cry trump did this or that or deflect,you do it all the time.

your reply to my criticism of the democrats is to post this reply

Neither did the Republicans, Also, it wss the Reps that started those wars.

Well done on proving my point how your agenda is so predictable that you think any argument or point made can be just brushed off with your deflection.

Did obama bring the troops home ?
    Did obama cease air strikes ?

I am sure you can deflect from this too .

• Advertisement

Can you back those two statements up with evidence?
    As best I can make out there was a bill in Congress to lower the voting age but more than half of the Democratic representatives voted against it and lowering the voting age is not in their policy platform in 2020.
    I can't find any evidence that Democrats want to allow illegals to vote in Federal elections (some cities already allow non-citizens to vote in school board and other local elections).

The claim was that some Democrats would want the voting age lowered to 16. You read the same. Some do. Less than half. Nancy Pelosi being one of them

Democrats would also like to allow illegals to vote in elections. Again some Democrat run cities already allow this. Illegals are permitted to vote in elections. Local elections are elections and illegals are permitted to vote

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

what meltdown, what are you on about, ive no interest in the journal!!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    what meltdown, what are you on about, ive no interest in the journal!!

Nor do I. I was replying to a poster. He knows what I'm referring to.

All good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

https://twitter.com/hollandcourtney/status/1301935815581286400

There have been several instances of Mr. Biden reading the teleprompter hints to his audience. His previous boss used the teleprompter so often that the running joke was the teleprompter was running the country. OK. It is possible to make the odd mistake even with auto-cues, however, using the teleprompter should be second nature to a politician with several decades experience especially with vice-president of the United States in your résumé for 8 years.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The fact that Trump is still in the running for president is an awful indictment of the American electorate.

He lacks basic intelligence, this is been shown on numerous occasions.
    His rallies are just about riling people up, there is no intelligent, thought out plans.

Thousands of people shouting "Lock her up" or "build the wall". That was not normal political discourse in a western democracy. It was mob baiting pure and simple. Very unbecoming a presidential campaign. The office of President should hold a bit of dignity.

I'm sure there were plenty of old school republican conservatives very uncomfortable. I sincerely hope Biden wins so that the Republican party in America can dump Trump and rediscover itself if that is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

The claim was that some Democrats would want the voting age lowered to 16. You read the same. Some do. Less than half. Nancy Pelosi being one of them

No the claim was (and I quote)

Democrats would like to see the voting age lowered to 16.
    Why?

Pelosi does personally support lowering it but not officially. Which is fine, in a large party and country there are going to be differing viewpoints. The important part is that it's not official policy. In any case is it that big of a deal? You can drive a car and own a gun in most states by 16, so why not vote too?

Democrats would also like to allow illegals to vote in elections. Again some Democrat run cities already allow this. Illegals are permitted to vote in elections. Local elections are elections and illegals are permitted to vote

As someone who is currently disenfranchised, I'm somewhat torn about this. I don't think they should be allowed to vote. BTW not all illegals would be Democrat supporters.

https://twitter.com/hollandcourtney/status/1301935815581286400

There have been several instances of Mr. Biden reading the teleprompter hints to his audience. His previous boss used the teleprompter so often that the running joke was the teleprompter was running the country. OK. It is possible to make the odd mistake even with auto-cues, however, using the teleprompter should be second nature to a politician with several decades experience especially with vice-president of the United States in your résumé for 8 years.

Lol. Another day older

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Zarco

I think he'll win because trump will cross the line to get re-elected and the American voting public will buy it

Not sure what he'll do but he'll say whatever it takes

No the claim was (and I quote)

Pelosi does personally support lowering it but not officially. Which is fine, in a large party and country there are going to be differing viewpoints. The important part is that it's not official policy. In any case is it that big of a deal? You can drive a car and own a gun in most states by 16, so why not vote too?

As someone who is currently disenfranchised, I'm somewhat torn about this. I don't think they should be allowed to vote. BTW not all illegals would be Democrat supporters.

I said Democrats want to lower the age. We both read that Democrats do want to lower the age. Not all but some.

Illegals should not be allowed to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I make a post saying how any criticism of the democrats and the first thing you do is cry trump did this or that or deflect,you do it all the time.

your reply to my criticism of the democrats is to post this reply

Well done on proving my point how your agenda is so predictable that you think any argument or point made can be just brushed off with your deflection.

Did obama bring the troops home ?
    Did obama cease air strikes ?

I am sure you can deflect from this too .

No he didn't

Neither has Trump

Both failed at this.

No he didn't

Neither has Trump

Both failed at this.

It must annoy people like this that Trump didn't start a war.

Wants to bring US troops home.

It used to be Dems were anti war and Republicans were pro war and then Trump came along started no new war and wants to bring troops home, but NO he's a Nazi. YAWN :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zarco wrote: »
    I think he'll win because trump will cross the line to get re-elected and the American voting public will buy it

Not sure what he'll do but he'll say whatever it takes

The DNC has not sat idle for the last 4 years they have been at work in states like Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin making sure they get the younger age group voters registered in order to turn States where the margin or victory was narrow. Trump seems to have held his base and has been non-stop campaigning throughout his presidency, he also appears to have gained more of the black male vote over last time (despite the antics of Kanye West), in addition they seem to be taking a dim view of white rioters and getting lumped in with them. The problem for the DNC is Joe Biden is not a very inspiring at this stage of his life he is not a candidate in the mould of Barrack Obama or Bill Clinton , therefore getting people to come out to vote for someone they don't much care about is difficult. How do you get young people out to vote for a 77 year old?

Bear in mind that local and state elections mean more to American voters than the federal elections. It's the same for us we don't care about who runs Brussels (something we do not get a choice on), all we want is the pork that comes from the EU in terms of subsidies and infrastructure projects.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

No he didn't

Neither has Trump

Both failed at this.

and again you were asked a question about the democrats and you answer with your pathetic whinging about trump.

Well done on proving me right yet again,

you are the sort of person that if Biden was accused of a crime your defense would be trump did something too.

Your obsession is so bad, you are not able to answer a single solitary question without deflecting.

statesaver wrote: »

It used to be Dems were anti war and Republicans were pro war and then Trump came along started no new war and wants to bring troops home, but NO he's a Nazi. YAWN :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

how dare you....it is trumps fault obama continued air strikes,
    it was trumps fault obama did not bring the troops home.

Keep up :D

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote: »

1: Speaking as someone who has actually been to war, I'm glad he hasn't started any new ones.

2: Wanting (for four years) and doing are two different things.

3: Where have I ever called Trump or any other person a Nazi?

and again you were asked a question about the democrats and you answer with your pathetic whinging about trump.

Well done on proving me right yet again,

you are the sort of person that if Biden was accused of a crime your defense would be trump did something too.

Your obsession is so bad, you are not able to answer a single solitary question without deflecting.

I don't defend Biden, I point out the hypocrisy of the Trump zealots who are quick to jump on something Biden does while totally ignoring their dear leader doing the same and worse.

how dare you....it is trumps fault obama continued air strikes,
    it was trumps fault obama did not bring the troops home.

Keep up :D

has Trump stopped drone strkes?

Has Trump bought the troops home?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

"It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker".

I still agree.

Limpy wrote: »
    "It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker".

I still agree.

Were the soldiers of WW1 and WW2 suckers and losers?

I don't defend Biden, I point out the hypocrisy of the Trump zealots who are quick to jump on something Biden does while totally ignoring their dear leader doing the same and worse.

"dear leader"

I know your are blinkered and clouded by your agenda, but i have clearly stated on here MULTIPLE times, I do not like Trump.

Are you even aware that deflecting to trump with every reply you make, only serves to prove said agenda.

Are you aware you can dislike both biden and trump,and you crying about Trump will not change what is said about biden

Were the soldiers of WW1 and WW2 suckers and losers?

There is a difference, between conscripted people being sent of to war, and some guy volunteering.

I have sympathy for conscripted people, those who join the army of their own choice and then cry they got sent to a war, get zero sympathy.

"dear leader"

I know your are blinkered and clouded by your agenda, but i have clearly stated on here MULTIPLE times, I do not like Trump.

Are you even aware that deflecting to trump with every reply you make, only serves to prove said agenda.

Are you aware you can dislike both biden and trump,and you crying about Trump will not change what is said about biden

I know, but I do like making the Trump zealots squirm by pointing out the hypocrisy of their posts. I can't vote for either of them but I do believe after four years of lies and appalling behaviour from Trump that the American people deserve someone better. Biden is the Democrats choice so I would like to see him win.

The fact Trump will have a massive meltdown when he loses is just the icing on the cake for me.

There is a difference, between conscripted people being sent of to war, and some guy volunteering.

I have sympathy for conscripted people, those who join the army of their own choice and then cry they got sent to a war, get zero sympathy.

You do know that a large percentage of WW2 soldiers were volunteers right? Trump called them losers, wouldn't go and pay his respects. For that alone I hope he loses in November and then ends his days locked away in a small cell somewhere.

• Advertisement

No he didn't

Neither has Trump

Both failed at this.

Don't forget the Trump administration was assassinating Iranians who were also involved in the Middle East wars however before this got escalated the Iranians got sidelined by Covid which killed or debilitated quite a few of the Mullahs. It it was not for Covid we could have been looking at an expansion of the war which has been put on hold for the time being while the involved parties prepare for the next phase of that proxy war. (US + Gulf States + Israel) versus (Iran + Russia + China)

Israel, UAE Agree to Establish Full Normalization of Relations

Iranian Resistance Axis Strikes Back. Convoys With US Equipment Blowing Up In Iraq

Israel-UAE spy base on Socotra targets Iran, China, Pakistan

What Does the China-Iran Deal Mean for the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor?

Whoever is the next US president is likely to find themselves embroiled in the Middle East s the conflict turns hot again (did it ever cool off?)

Tim Pool and Michael Malice discuss the role of the media in promoting war, the origin of the Pulitzer prize was a cover for the aftermath of yellow journalism that fuelled the Spanish American war. They make an interesting point that if the media is smiling upon the president, they have no problem sending young men to war, but if they are in confrontation then the president can't start wars.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement