Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

A two year old article which makes interesting reading after last night's revelations about just what Joe Biden did and did not know about his son's oversea's business dealings:

A Chinese Tycoon Sought Power and Influence. Washington Responded.

He struck billions of dollars’ worth of deals in Russia, Eastern Europe and Africa. He sought business with war-torn places like Chad and with international pariahs like North Korea.

Ye Jianming, a fast-rising Chinese oil tycoon, ventured to places only the most politically connected Chinese companies dared to go. But what he wanted was access to the corridors of power in Washington — and he set out to get it.

Soon, he was meeting with the family of Joseph R. Biden Jr., who was then the vice president. He dined with R. James Woolsey Jr., a former Central Intelligence Agency director and later a senior adviser to President Trump. He bestowed lavish funding on universities and think tanks with direct access to top Washington leaders, looking for the benefits access can bring. He asked one former American security official: If he bought oil fields in Syria, could the former official persuade the American military not to bomb them?

That effort has unraveled. Mr. Ye is in Chinese custody and is under investigation for unspecified crimes. The trial and conviction in New York last week of one of his top lieutenants, Patrick Ho, showed that company officials used bribery to win oil and energy contracts in Africa.

Many who met Mr. Ye believed he was the grandson of a famous Chinese military leader; people in his hometown say he comes from a family of boatmen. Many believed he had access to untold wealth; now, it appears his empire was built on a mountain of debt. Many believed his company must have deep connections and business savvy to be so successful; the Chinese state news media have accused him of bribery.

In Washington, many saw the initial version of the story as compelling, and Mr. Ye as a chance to take part in China’s rise. Those high hopes led to full Rolodexes. Last year, as American authorities closed in on Mr. Ye’s company, the first call made by one of his emissaries in custody was to Mr. Biden’s brother.

If Biden wins, he'll undoubtedly be impeached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

If Biden wins, he'll undoubtedly be impeached.

Anyone know what kind of odds bookies are offering on this?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

df02169 wrote: »
    Unless you are going heavy on 270-299, no way do 'low 4 figures on gets high 4 figures back'. The bets you have quoted would barely go over 2/1, if at all.

This reads like a 14 year old giving vague details to allow an 'I did it!' after the fact. With a restrospective from his 10 year old self saying 'I already did it!'.

Add in NH to that list, I missed that entry in my breakfast post
    1900 laid pays 5590 .

You lefties are funny ..
    4 years denying Trump won the election
    4 years denying anyone could have won money when Trump destroyed the polls in 2016
    Now 4 hours denying anyone has the gaul to put money on Trump to win 2020.

Wierd world ye live in, full of the longest river in Africa , deNile...
    First ye tell people what to think, then ye telll people what they did in the past, and then ye tell people what they can do in the present.
    ye are consistent .. wierd ...but consistent.

Just as in 2016 , 2020 will be a repeat , winning at the bookies is all the sweeter when the losers are whining in the street and seeking safe spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

RIGOLO wrote: »
    1900 laid pays 5590 .

You lefties are funny ..
    4 years denying anyone could have won money when Trump destroyed the polls in 2016

First ye tell people what to think, then ye telll people what they did in the past, and then ye tell people what they can do in the present.

Just as in 2016 , 2020 will be a repeat , winning at the bookies is all the sweeter when the losers are whining in the street and seeking safe spaces.

The point in bold never happened. It's a fallacy clung to by conservatives eager to keep talking about HC.

As for the rest, there isn't really any more evidence that what you say is true. I don't care what your view is, I don't care if you've hedged your bets to minimise losses just in case by some unimaginable sequence of events the great one doesn't actually win. I don't care if you and all the other oracles who see no way for Trump to lose all abandon or close your accounts and start new ones with a new tune and narrative, I don't care if after everything that has gone on, that Biden only wins by a singular vote. I just want to see Biden win so the decline which has happened over the last 4 years is halted is stopped.

If Biden does win, I'll be happy for that reason, not so that it can be rubbed in faces such as your own as I, thankfully, am not primarily motivated by a hatred of others above any admiration for a candidate or cause myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Smee_Again wrote: »
    One way or another the credibility of a lot of posters is going to take a hit after this election.

Some people's credibility is already shot in the way they attempt to ignore the scandal. Google news and almost all big US media too, Twitter, Facebook (not that they had any).

Tucker is not the first or last pundit to use the legal defence cited. It's the latest attempt to shoot the messenger after Russian Spy? Computer Shop Guy, Rude Rudy, Republican Lies DNI, Pizzagate Posobiec, Fake News Tucker... something Bobulinsky.

Even take the audio Bobulinsky gave Tucker of the Biden's representative admitting it would 'bury us' if Bobolinsky spoke out. Unverified? The hunter audio from the laptop? Ai synthesised? No disputes, no explanations just the most cynical silence from the Bidens and their followers, only broken up by some piss-poor arguments and incredible logic. Then condescending to anyone who doesn't partake in the delusion while abusing a term like 'conspiracy theory' to the point that it loses all meaning.

• Advertisement

Some people's credibility is already shot in the way they attempt to ignore the scandal. Google news and almost all big US media too, Twitter, Facebook (not that they had any).

Tucker is not the first or last pundit to use the legal defence cited. It's the latest attempt to shoot the messenger after Russian Spy? Computer Shop Guy, Rude Rudy, Republican Lies DNI, Pizzagate Posobiec, Fake News Tucker... something Bobulinsky.

Even take the audio Bobulinsky gave Tucker of the Biden's representative admitting it would 'bury us' if Bobolinsky spoke out. Unverified? The hunter audio from the laptop? Ai synthesised? No disputes, no explanations just the most cynical silence from the Bidens and their followers, only broken up by some piss-poor arguments and incredible logic. Then condescending to anyone who doesn't partake in the delusion while abusing a term like 'conspiracy theory' to the point that it loses all meaning.

How do you think Fake News should be dealt with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Would this be the same "education" that he lied about and was exposed for, which partially resulted in the end of his run for President in 1988??

I say partially as he was also exposed for other lies too, such as plagiarizing Neil Kinnock and RFK speeches.

The chap is a sleazeball.

Funnily enough, trump has sued to the schools where he attended to withhold his grades, now I wonder why that is? And then there's the thinly-veiled fraud that is trump university

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

duploelabs wrote: »
    Funnily enough, trump has sued to the schools where he attended to withhold his grades, now I wonder why that is? And then there's the thinly-veiled fraud that is trump university

it wasn't thinly veiled

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

How do you think Fake News should be dealt with?

I don't know what is fake news about audio evidence or interviewing a person on the record...

but I would rather risk any amount of fake news than have the decisions about what is true or what is worthy of attention be controlled by a handful of powerful people for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

But what am I supposed to do? Why is Bobbles on Carlson talking to us?

I could care less if Biden is locked up for a crime he committed. Just get on with it otherwise it looks to me like a load of baloney.

Tucker Carlson.... Rudi.... Smoking guns....just stop with the bullshiit. For the love of god lock someone up at this stage!!!

And it happens with everything.

Tweets from POTUS shouting things that he is the boss of. It's all talk. Always. Just actually for once do something and then everyone will actually take notice and listen.

• Advertisement

The point in bold never happened. It's a fallacy clung to by conservatives eager to keep talking about HC.

As for the rest, there isn't really any more evidence that what you say is true. I don't care what your view is, I don't care if you've hedged your bets to minimise losses just in case by some unimaginable sequence of events the great one doesn't actually win. I don't care if you and all the other oracles who see no way for Trump to lose all abandon or close your accounts and start new ones with a new tune and narrative, I don't care if after everything that has gone on, that Biden only wins by a singular vote. I just want to see Biden win so the decline which has happened over the last 4 years is halted is stopped.

If Biden does win, I'll be happy for that reason, not so that it can be rubbed in faces such as your own as I, thankfully, am not primarily motivated by a hatred of others above any admiration for a candidate or cause myself.

Very magnaminous word but theres only one problem.
    It doesnt explain your motivation for devoting 4 years of your life to posting in an online forum thread about a President your depsise. Whats the motivation to have wastedso much time and energy on someone you dont approve off.

AS I said before
    If Trump loses Biden wins and becomes president .
    IVe lived thru many many US presidential reigns. IVe learned 2 lessons.

LESSON 1 : I learned this one early on ... no matter whos president best to live your own life , money , house, health, hobbies, family etc

LESSON 2 : I learned this one in the last 4 years. if your guy doenst win , dont waste 4 years of your life crying over it, devoting 4 years to forums and fake news clickbait and ending up with TDS.

So if TRump loses I will be reverting to lesson 1 .

I will never understand why so many of you lefties followed LESSON 2 for the last 4 years, talk about going down a rabbit hole chasing ghosts down dead ends and red herrings. Its been nothing but that for the 4 years of Trumps Presidency for you liberal lefties.

There was great delight to be taken in that.

I just feel sorry for all the young people whose mental health ye destroyed.
    4 years of grown men and women raving against a President of America like loolahs 24x7 , no wonder the young people have issues. Ye created most of them with your 24x7 headlines , fear mongering and the skys falling in.

Trump supporters told young peopel to ship up, go get a job, play by the rules and get on with it.
    Anti-Trumpers told young peopel Hitler was in office and any day now stormtroopers were coming into the classroom to execute anyone with a suntan .. or words to that affect.

I will NEVER FORGIVE the left for destroying the souls, imagination and hopes of a generation of young people. Turning them into inept , identity politics , useful idiots , who see a wolf on every corner.

Yes it was highly enjoyable watching ye faceplant on Avenatti, Stormy, russia4eva and impeachment..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 df02169

1900 laid pays 5590 .

You lefties are funny ..

You interpreted all that from a question asking how your bets, which sounded like a 2/1 shot, could possibly be a 6/1 shot like you were making it sound? OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 df02169

I just feel sorry for all the young people whose mental health ye destroyed.
    4 years of grown men and women raving against a President of America like loolahs 24x7 , no wonder the young people have issues. Ye created most of them with your 24x7 headlines , fear mongering and the skys falling in.

Trump supporters told young peopel to ship up, go get a job, play by the rules and get on with it.
    Anti-Trumpers told young peopel Hitler was in office and any day now stormtroopers were coming into the classroom to execute anyone with a suntan .. or words to that affect.

I will NEVER FORGIVE the left for destroying the souls, imagination and hopes of a generation of young people. Turning them into inept , identity politics , useful idiots , who see a wolf on every corner.

df02169 wrote: »
    You interpreted all that from a question asking how your bets, which sounded like a 2/1 shot, could possibly be a 6/1 shot like you were making it sound? OK.

32 posts ... a newbie ..
    you sure made alot of interpretations for someone who just got into town ....

yeah bud , history here only began when you rode into town , your so important and all that. ;)

Very magnaminous word but theres only one problem.
    It doesnt explain your motivation for devoting 4 years of your life to posting in an online forum thread about a President your depsise. Whats the motivation to have wastedso much time and energy on someone you dont approve off.
    I've long had a strong interest in politics and current affairs.
    Trump has, as expected, lessened what is the benchmark for dignity, diplomacy and respect which we should expect from our leaders.
    He has been the most anti-science President in my lifetime, possibly many more also.
    His rhetoric is divisive and if it becomes the norm, it will ultimately lead to physical conflict and war.
    I'm currently living in US so my interest is even more relevant to me than before.

What's your motivation to take part in the sane discussions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

1900 laid pays 5590 .

You lefties are funny ..

Still chickening out of posting your betting slips? *squawk*

Trump has, as expected, lessened what is the benchmark for dignity, diplomacy and respect which we should expect from our leaders.
    He has been the most anti-science President in my lifetime, possibly many more also.
    His rhetoric is divisive and if it becomes the norm, it will ultimately lead to physical conflict and war.
    I'm currently living in US so my interest is even more relevant to me than before.

someone in the US should probably be familiar with a deranged Democrat using an AR-14 to take out some Republican members of Congress in the 2017 Steve Scalise shooting.
    and to start claiming TRumps rhetoric will lead to violence sounds high and mighty but is total bs.

Seems you lack motivation to devote 4 years on forums about a US president you dont appreciate and the wherewithal to keep up to date with whats actually going on in the US.

speaking of science looks whos going back to the moon., paying any attention to Trump led initiatives for space and lunar bases.
    Obama put men in womens bathrooms, Trump is putting women astronauts on the moon .. didnt you learn that whilst living in the US. or did you just arrive at JFK.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

astrofool wrote: »
    Still chickening out of posting your betting slips? *squawk*
    Boards answer to Gordon Gecko doesn't have time for things like that!

Thankfully this should all be over for 4 more years soon enough, one way or the other!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Charlie Bird and Mark Little on newstalk rabbiting on about how it's so scary and worrying to think about Trump winning. It is so bad and we must all cross our fingers and toes for a Biden victory.

It's the same story in every newspaper, TV channel, radio station etc.

Ireland loves the democrats seems to be the collective party line.

Garbage

someone in the US should probably be familiar with a deranged Democrat using an AR-14 to take out some Republican members of Congress in the 2017 Steve Scalise shooting.
    and to start claiming TRumps rhetoric will lead to violence sounds high and mighty but is total bs.

Seems you lack motivation to devote 4 years on forums about a US president you dont appreciate and the wherewithal to keep up to date with whats actually going on in the US.

speaking of science looks whos going back to the moon., paying any attention to Trump led initiatives for space and lunar bases.
    Obama put men in womens bathrooms, Trump is putting women astronauts on the moon .. didnt you learn that whilst living in the US. or did you just arrive at JFK.

All that time to write a post, no time for a chicken to backup their keyboard warrior talk. Betting slips or STFU, put your money where your mouth is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Are you having a laugh???

Identity Politics, which the Democratic Party are drenched in, is the most divisive political ideology I have ever witnessed...with victim hierarchies, safe spaces, shaming and cancel culture where your genitals or skin colour define the veracity of your "lived experience".

This is a referendum on the intolerant left as much as it is on Donald Trump...and the media companies and sports who have adapted the identity politic into their output....and if viewing figures are anything to go by, it ain't looking good for any of them!!!!

How did Identity Politics work out for the Labour Party (and Lib Dems) in the UK election last year?

gmisk wrote: »

Thankfully this should all be over for 4 more years soon enough, one way or the other!

the left always and I mean always amuse me.
    In the early days they wee a force to be reckoned with now they have become a parody.
    All these demands from posters here telling me to do something, its amusing.

The left have swallowed so much bs in the last 4 years they actually believe they can go around telling people what to do and if they dont do it then the wail about it. Imagine if they get back in control

Keep wailing guys, Ive spent alot of effort and thought tweaking my life so that I have to do the least amount I dont want to. Im not going to start jumping to some snowflakes demands .

Bets are on dude. My wallet cleaned up 4 years ago , looking for much the same this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

:D:D

His posts remind me more of the chest beating scene in Wolf of Wall Street.

Alpha male chucking money around to make himself look big and impressive - but absolutely nobody is impressed. Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

He's been known to be litigation happy so who knows. If its within 1-2% he'll try tie it up in the courts but I think it has to be decided within a month or so of the election.

Most people thought Hillary had it sown up in 2016 and even went to bed on that basis!

The big question is will the networks be able to call the result on the night.

All that time to write a post, no time for a chicken to backup their keyboard warrior talk. Betting slips or STFU, put your money where your mouth is.

you see the left in action
    triggered by TRump
    and now triggered because someone wont do what they demand...

imagine folks these people want to be in power and control you.. resist people.
    They never give up, but are pretty powerless unless you find candlelight vigils and safe spaces threatening.

triggered by TRump

They never give up, but are pretty powerless unless you find candlelight vigils and safe spaces threatening.

Just as everyone thinks, a yellow belly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

triggered by TRump

Genuine question...what's with the TRump thing constantly?

Just as everyone thinks, a yellow belly :D

you see people.
    This is how hte left works, they demand you do something.
    Then when you dont they start with the name calling..

3..2..1... the hit you then with the waycist one.
    Although they may struggle to get that into a conversation about election betting although no doubt they will .

Remember they want the power
    Then come the demands and then comes the name calling ...

resist.. live free..

placed any bets yourself astrofool... or do you just go about making demands of random strangers and calling them childish names ..

come to think of it isnt yellow belly a cultural appropriation.. better be careful , your bretheren may cancel you for using it .. you should pay more attention at indoctrination classs

Genuine question...what's with the TRump thing constantly?
    oh that .. look it up ... you will be surprised by what it means ..
    its deep deep state...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

triggered by TRump

Typical trump fan, all bluster but absolutely nothing to back it up. You can't even part with your own money on a bet that you're so assured will romp home, sad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement