Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

RIGOLO wrote: »
    oh that .. look it up ... you will be surprised by what it means ..
    its deep deep state...
    Ah your grand I don't really want to know anymore about the deep state never mind the deep deep state.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

you see people.
    This is how hte left works, they demand you do something.
    Then when you dont they start with the name calling..

Coming from a Trump supporter. Classic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Some people's credibility is already shot in the way they attempt to ignore the scandal. Google news and almost all big US media too, Twitter, Facebook (not that they had any).

Tucker is not the first or last pundit to use the legal defence cited. It's the latest attempt to shoot the messenger after Russian Spy? Computer Shop Guy, Rude Rudy, Republican Lies DNI, Pizzagate Posobiec, Fake News Tucker... something Bobulinsky.

Even take the audio Bobulinsky gave Tucker of the Biden's representative admitting it would 'bury us' if Bobolinsky spoke out. Unverified? The hunter audio from the laptop? Ai synthesised? No disputes, no explanations just the most cynical silence from the Bidens and their followers, only broken up by some piss-poor arguments and incredible logic. Then condescending to anyone who doesn't partake in the delusion while abusing a term like 'conspiracy theory' to the point that it loses all meaning.

The truth is leftists love that these media outlets and big tech are suppressing the truth in a bid to affect the outcome of the Presidential election. It's what they want. It's the same with Antifa / BLM violence. They approve of it. They'll pretend that it's about a fight against misinformation (with regards to their support of big tech / liberal media's biased reporting and moderation) and a fight against white supremacy (with regards to their support of Antifa's violence) but the truth is that they support the actions purely because it negatively impacts those who dare to take different political positions than they do and that's, sadly, enough for then to rationalize their support for unethical and, oftentimes, evil actions.

Just imagine their reaction if the media were ignoring this current story if it concerned Don Jnr and Snr and Donald had told us all he never discussed Don Jnr's overseas business dealings with him. Imagine their reaction if only Buzzfeed were covering the story despite emails from Don Jnr's laptop making it clear he lied and Don Jnr's business partner providing text messages and confirming that he himself met with Donald in a hotel regarding Don Jnr's oversea's business dealings. They'd go nuts of course, which shows us that they are happy with suppression of news only when it suits then. They have zero integrity.

What we are seeing right now is propaganda in action. The leftist media, along with big tech, are controlling public discourse by putting their thumb on the scale in a clear and concerted effort to affect an election result. This should not be tolerated and it will be if Joe Biden is elected. Hell, he will give them a pat on the back by making sure Section 230 is not repealed. All the more reason Americans should ensure that Trump gets four more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

the left always and I mean always amuse me.
    In the early days they wee a force to be reckoned with now they have become a parody.
    All these demands from posters here telling me to do something, its amusing.

The left have swallowed so much bs in the last 4 years they actually believe they can go around telling people what to do and if they dont do it then the wail about it. Imagine if they get back in control

Keep wailing guys, Ive spent alot of effort and thought tweaking my life so that I have to do the least amount I dont want to. Im not going to start jumping to some snowflakes demands .

Bets are on dude. My wallet cleaned up 4 years ago , looking for much the same this time round.

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

you see people.
    This is how hte left works, they demand you do something.
    Then when you dont they start with the name calling..

3..2..1... the hit you then with the waycist one.
    Although they may struggle to get that into a conversation about election betting although no doubt they will .

Remember they want the power
    Then come the demands and then comes the name calling ...

resist.. live free..

placed any bets yourself astrofool... or do you just go about making demands of random strangers and calling them childish names ..

come to think of it isnt yellow belly a cultural appropriation.. better be careful , your bretheren may cancel you for using it .. you should pay more attention at indoctrination classs

I don't go parading on a forum like a chicken does because no one believes you, full of hot air like your orange chum. Make the boast, back it up, otherwise you can keep on clucking to yourself getting more and more deranged.

*cluck*

*cluck*

*cluck*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

What we are seeing right now is propaganda in action. The leftist media, along with big tech, are controlling public discourse by putting their thumb on the scale in a clear and concerted effort to affect an election result. This should not be tolerated and it will be if Joe Biden is elected. Hell, he will give them a pat on the back by making sure Section 230 is not repealed. All the more reason Americans should ensure that Trump gets four more years.

Yep four more years and he'll have section 230 just were he wants it!! Yawn. He won't.

It's always next week, next year, looking into it with him.

I reckon he will Tweet in capital letters some more about 230. Which I must say always makes me chuckle.

"REPEAL SECTION 230!!!!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Very magnaminous word but theres only one problem.
    It doesnt explain your motivation for devoting 4 years of your life to posting in an online forum thread about a President your depsise. Whats the motivation to have wastedso much time and energy on someone you dont approve off.

AS I said before
    If Trump loses Biden wins and becomes president .
    IVe lived thru many many US presidential reigns. IVe learned 2 lessons.

LESSON 1 : I learned this one early on ... no matter whos president best to live your own life , money , house, health, hobbies, family etc

LESSON 2 : I learned this one in the last 4 years. if your guy doenst win , dont waste 4 years of your life crying over it, devoting 4 years to forums and fake news clickbait and ending up with TDS.

So if TRump loses I will be reverting to lesson 1 .

I will never understand why so many of you lefties followed LESSON 2 for the last 4 years, talk about going down a rabbit hole chasing ghosts down dead ends and red herrings. Its been nothing but that for the 4 years of Trumps Presidency for you liberal lefties.

There was great delight to be taken in that.

I just feel sorry for all the young people whose mental health ye destroyed.
    4 years of grown men and women raving against a President of America like loolahs 24x7 , no wonder the young people have issues. Ye created most of them with your 24x7 headlines , fear mongering and the skys falling in.

Trump supporters told young peopel to ship up, go get a job, play by the rules and get on with it.
    Anti-Trumpers told young peopel Hitler was in office and any day now stormtroopers were coming into the classroom to execute anyone with a suntan .. or words to that affect.

I will NEVER FORGIVE the left for destroying the souls, imagination and hopes of a generation of young people. Turning them into inept , identity politics , useful idiots , who see a wolf on every corner.

Yes it was highly enjoyable watching ye faceplant on Avenatti, Stormy, russia4eva and impeachment..

You need more dressing on that word salad.

I understand your ability to NEVER FORGIVE people who destroyed the soul, imagination and hope of young people , but who do you blame for:
    • the GIG economy
    • Rent increases combined with vulture fund control of the rental market
    • Massive oversubscription and leveraged marketing of Fentanyl and the other opioids
    • Increased automation for manufacturing jobs
    In other words, things like jobs, security of tenure, prospects for secure financial futures you know, the real stuff that Trump supporters apparently want for young people. So, if you care about the plight off the young maybe consider all the other things that challenge their souls, imaginations etc. rather than just listing your narrowly-defined culture war issues.

The gormlessness of people on here screaming about how BLM are tearing the US apart and not even mention the 1% wealthiest who exert infinitely more control over their lives.

There seems to be a move away from posters saying the polls are wrong to outrage over leftists? There's a level of comedy to the fact that they've realised the dirty tricks campaign didn't have have any effect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

:D:D

His posts remind me more of the chest beating scene in Wolf of Wall Street.

Alpha male chucking money around to make himself look big and impressive - but absolutely nobody is impressed. Sad!

Sounds like you are describing the male ability and willingness to take big and bold risks in order to achieve grand objectives in life. (Even if in the case of Jordan Belfort, it was in the pursuit of ill gotten gains)

If it wasn't for the that much maligned male ego and bravado, that you so flippantly dismiss, much of the great achievements of mankind would never have occured. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

hirondelle wrote: »
    but who do you blame for:

the GIG economy
    Unions and the government stifling business.

Rent increases combined with vulture fund control of the rental market
    the government for over taxing small landlords and making evictions almost impossible.
    Massive oversubscription and leveraged marketing of Fentanyl and the other opioids
    the government.
    Increased automation for manufacturing jobs
    progress , this should have been happening. Also unions, increased government taxes and regulations.

• Advertisement

The truth is leftists love that these media outlets and big tech are suppressing the truth in a bid to affect the outcome of the Presidential election. It's what they want. It's the same with Antifa / BLM violence. They approve of it. They'll pretend that it's about a fight against misinformation (with regards to their support of big tech / liberal media's biased reporting and moderation) and a fight against white supremacy (with regards to their support of Antifa's violence) but the truth is that they support the actions purely because it negatively impacts those who dare to take different political positions than they do and that's, sadly, enough for then to rationalize their support for unethical and, oftentimes, evil actions.

Just imagine their reaction if the media were ignoring this current story if it concerned Don Jnr and Snr and Donald had told us all he never discussed Don Jnr's overseas business dealings with him. Imagine their reaction if only Buzzfeed were covering the story despite emails from Don Jnr's laptop making it clear he lied and Don Jnr's business partner providing text messages and confirming that he himself met with Donald in a hotel regarding Don Jnr's oversea's business dealings. They'd go nuts of course, which shows us that they are happy with suppression of news only when it suits then. They have zero integrity.

Why this leftist media/big tech spiel every time? Big tech is the billionaire class looking after it's own interests- the blue candidate, the red candidate, they don't care which, so long as the politicians elected don't squeeze the profits or restrict where the money can be hid they are apolitical.
    You like to think that the culture stuff is centre stage for them- when, for those who really control things, it simply isn't. If you think about the hypocritical hoops Apple and the rest jump to in terms of getting access to China, there is no interest in human rights (let alone minority rights)- don't be fooled by big tech's hip California addresses and free hugs for staff- the only rights the sharks at the top care about are corporate rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

vojiwox wrote: »
    "REPEAL SECTION 230!!!!" :pac:

I've seen some commentary that Trumps campaign is suffering from being too online. He speaks all the time to his base in obscure references that only obsessive fans even understand: Section 230, Moscow Mayor's wife, Burisma and so on.

The 80% of Americans who are not very engaged hear this stuff and wonder why he isn't talking about jobs, Covid, education, real issues.

Of course his Twitter followers and fans here think he is talking plain English.

Unions and the government stifling business.

the government for over taxing small landlords and making evictions almost impossible.

the government.

progress , this should have been happening. Also unions, increased government taxes and regulations.

That's pretty weak Eric. The GIG economy is the fault of unions and government stifling business? Nothing to do with businesses lobbying and using market dominance to reduce workers protections? Jeff Bezos would LOVE to offer better contracts to his staff- but unions and government stymie his valiant efforts at every turn. Be serious ffs.

Sounds like you are describing the male ability and willingness to take big and bold risks in order to achieve grand objectives in life. (Even if in the case of Jordan Belfort, it was in the pursuit of ill gotten gains)

If it wasn't for the that much maligned male ego and bravado, that you so flippantly dismiss, much of the great achievements of mankind would never have occured. ;)

Nor half as many wars...

Bravado and ego, give me a break! There are many qualities to being a great leader; those two attributes would be pretty low down on the list.

Anyway, my description was fitting of the type of person who brags about spending money as if people should be somehow impressed by it, but in reality, only serves to invoke a sense of pity at how fragile their ego must be to need the attention. It really is quite sad.

That is, if it is even true...such people are also prone to fabrications and hyperbole ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

That's pretty weak Eric. The GIG economy is the fault of unions and government stifling business? Nothing to do with businesses lobbying and using market dominance to reduce workers protections? Jeff Bezos would LOVE to offer better contracts to his staff- but unions and government stymie his valiant efforts at every turn. Be serious ffs.

Ive always been self employed / a company director so realistically I never saw an issue with the gig economy , take the work you can get and look after yourself. I don't see what this really has to do with Donald trumps impending win though. Not like Biden was going to fix it either.

Ive always been self employed / a company director so realistically I never saw an issue with the gig economy , take the work you can get and look after yourself.

You blamed the unions and government for the gig economy and you didn't explain how they are at fault for it.

Nor half as many wars...

Bravado and ego, give me a break! There are many qualities to being a great leader; those two attributes would be pretty low down on the list.

Anyway, my description was fitting of the type of person who brags about spending money as if people should be somehow impressed by it, but in reality, only serves to invoke a sense of pity at how fragile their ego must be to need the attention. It really is quite sad.

That is, if it is even true...such people are also prone to fabrications and hyperbole ;)

No- great leaders are fuelled only testosterone, served neat- there are no other qualities needed than maleness. The maler you are the better the leader you are.

I wish I could actually think about the world in such an incredibly simplistic fashion, it would be so much easier!

Ive always been self employed / a company director so realistically I never saw an issue with the gig economy , take the work you can get and look after yourself. I don't see what this really has to do with Donald trumps impending win though. Not like Biden was going to fix it either.

To reply to your edit- I previously made the point that red or blue doesn't matter to the 1%- they will work with whoever wins, I only raised the issue with Rigolo because he chose not to include the 1% as part of the reason young people are under pressure these days (to paraphrase). Biden will do nothing different to Trump when it comes to that cohort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

I've seen some commentary that Trumps campaign is suffering from being too online. He speaks all the time to his base in obscure references that only obsessive fans even understand: Section 230, Moscow Mayor's wife, Burisma and so on.

The 80% of Americans who are not very engaged hear this stuff and wonder why he isn't talking about jobs, Covid, education, real issues.

Of course his Twitter followers and fans here think he is talking plain English.

Ah interesting.

Kinda find the tweeting with capital letters funny too, in the sense that I don't mind the lad down the road doing it out of frustration, feeling he has no power etc, angry with the system. But the POTUS? Just get off your ass and actually do something. Who is he shouting at?

No- great leaders are fuelled only testosterone, served neat- there are no other qualities needed than maleness. The maler you are the better the leader you are.

I wish I could actually think about the world in such an incredibly simplistic fashion, it would be so much easier!

Right?

Meanwhile in New Zealand....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The Trump campaign have been knocking on 1,000,000 door a week across the US over a 12 week period in the Swing States.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/11/trump-campaign-reaches-100m-voters-in-campaign-milestone/

Taking their message to the doorsteps of voters.

On top of the massive online footprint across digital platforms, the vast majority of which is generated for free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The Trump campaign have been knocking on 1,000,000 door a week across the US over a 12 week period in the Swing States.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/11/trump-campaign-reaches-100m-voters-in-campaign-milestone/

Taking their message to the doorsteps of voters.

On top of the massive online footprint across digital platforms, the vast majority of which is generated for free!!!

Doorstepping people during a pandemic really is some kind of Darwin awards feat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

duploelabs wrote: »
    Doorstepping people during a pandemic really is some kind of Darwin awards feat

Somebody better tell the Democratic Party then!!!

They started door knocking in Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire a few weeks ago!!!

They must be getting nervous!!!

Somebody better tell the Democratic Party then!!!

They started door knocking in Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire a few weeks ago!!!

They must be getting nervous!!!

Yeah, I'd say the highly favourable polls and early voting figures have them quaking in their boots alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

More complete nonsense from you, like your stupid ostrich meme on the other thread.
    COVID-19 outcomes better in countries with female leaders
    They found that countries headed by women leaders had six-fold fewer deaths from COVID-19 compared to those with male leadership. The average number of deaths was about 2,000 and 13,000, respectively.
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200717/COVID-19-outcomes-better-in-countries-with-female-leaders.aspx
    Want Higher Profits? Hire a Female CEO, CFO
    A new study shows top women execs produce superior returns in their first two years on the job. “The evidence is getting louder.”
    https://www.kornferry.com/insights/articles/women-ceo-cfo-stock-performance

In the interests of your witless male ego, I strongly suggest you not look at the proportion of women getting into the hard tertiary level education subjects like Medicine and Dentistry and other science based disciplines.

In both the US and UK, the majority of medical students are female and the ratio appears to be steadily increasing with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Nor half as many wars...

Bravado and ego were what brought about the end of many a leader, successful charismatic leaders that make Trump look like the true chum he is.

To hear him utter such unadulterated shyte about how he is up there with Lincoln in what he has done for black people is frankly ridiculous.
    Normally people that come out with such outlandish statements as his are dismissed or in people his age sent into care.

Trump is only successful as a leader in his own head and the heads of those with little else to compete for space.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

jmayo wrote: »
    Fook me pink or any damn colour you like, but I can't wait for school to be back so some can be put back in a classroom and off their keyboards.

I am hoping for all our sakes some posters around here are still in school and not old enough to be out in the adult world.

And as for the leader of the trumpists around here, if Biden is a sleazeball then what the fook is Trump?
    Jaysus H on a bike, the guy is a creep.

And before one of you muppets start on about the left, to more than a few around here I am so far right I would have to look way to my left to find Mussolini never mind the other lad. :rolleyes:

I really dispair that there are people who are a fan of a moron that can't string together a sentence better than a 3rd class kid and haven't the cop on to grasp scientific principles but would rather go back centuries scoffing at science.

Now it is really saddening and worrying that some of these people may be Irish adults that we have wasted taxpayers funds on trying to educate for at least 10 odd years.

Of course some of these people may be based in the states to which I would say "stay to fook where you are and don't ever bother moving to (or back to) Ireland".
    We don't need to lessen our average IQ.

And if you are from US living here, then if you love Trump so much then fook off home to where are loads of home schooled bible bashing morons you can happily converse with.

I don't mind someone being anti establishment, being anti something or pro something, but when you start defending absolute moronic behaviour, complete disingenuous liars, scumbag behaviour whilst holding high office then you can fook right off.

Ah here it looks like anyone can fire off a load of old sh!te and proclaim themselves the adult in the room...

How can anyone challenge this bollox, is it by design or do you have to regularly let it all off your chest?

To assume everyone who's taken a different position is doing so for the reason you imagine and is the caricature you've lazily drawn takes some serious... insight. Look there are endless ways to attack Biden and Trump and that's called politics. Yes, Trump is anti-establishment and he sucks a lot and he's a narcissist but he is the devil you know, even if you seem to be getting worked up about it anew every time you weigh in with one of these above-the-fray dictums.

If you want to talk about Biden being a great empath who looks down the camera and says all the nice things that make you feel all fuzzy inside while ignoring everything else that is bad about him, his family and the policies and political failures of those he is stooging for then knock yourself out.

If Biden showed interest in the fact that China is waging war with the US and Trump wanted to normalise relations then I and many others would swap out our 'fandom' really quick and that's just one significant issue. Sometimes things are more important than trying to believe that one of these hacks really cares for you or your family.

I notice you're banging on about education and IQ and scientific principles like only the big brains are apt to do... how could us children tackle next-level questions like 'if Biden is a sleazeball then what the fook is Trump?' You're the adult around here yet you haven't had that grown-up realisation that two things can be true at the same time. Which doesn't mean they are equal in importance or that they exist in a vacuum like you seem satisfied to conclude.

If you want to talk about it at least make a point. You'll probably make us all look like the morons we are a decent percentage of time and you might look silly yourself too for once. It'll be great to hear what someone the wrong side of Mussolini has to say of the political movements of the day for example and whether he can reach BLM on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Certainly all this pre election voting removes a lot of the drama and excitement from voting day next week. That's a disappointing development from the media's point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There's only one choice to end the nightmare

e0577b54edabf066d9f05db0b0bfd70b.jpg

Or vote Biden

icon14.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Certainly all this pre election voting removes a lot of the drama and excitement from voting day next week. That's a disappointing development from the media's point of view.

Doesn't really remove any, exit polls, release of counted ballots will only start next Tuesday, same as every election.

In fact, this pre-election voting by mail could be the stick of dynamite in the whole thing as typically, such voters tend to be Democrat and 'on the day' voters tend to be Republican which could lead to Trump declaring some sort of victory based on on the day tallies without sufficient votes having been counted.

Next Tuesday/Wednesday is likely to be the most epic election coverage we have seen because, if Trump wins, so many will be like 'How the absolute fcuk did that happen again' (me included) and if he loses (hopefully) then everyone will be staring at him to see how he reacts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement