Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Were the soldiers of WW1 and WW2 suckers and losers?

Yes, cannon fodder.

Germans blinded by Hitler's powerful speeches, sent to conquer lands far away. Suckers.

Americans travelling to Afghanistan ect to pacify a country for geo political gain. Suckers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I know, but I do like making the Trump zealots squirm by pointing out the hypocrisy of their posts. I can't vote for either of them but I do believe after four years of lies and appalling behaviour from Trump that the American people deserve someone better. Biden is the Democrats choice so I would like to see him win.

The fact Trump will have a massive meltdown when he loses is just the icing on the cake for me.

but you are not making them squirm.

you are only making yourself look pathetic and unable to debate without deflecting.

You do know that a large percentage of WW2 soldiers were volunteers right? Trump called them losers, wouldn't go and pay his respects. For that alone I hope he loses in November and then ends his days locked away in a small cell somewhere.

They are losers.

Anyone who dies cos he has been fooled into killing others by people not fighting, is a moron.

"The graveyards are full of heroes"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Limpy wrote: »
    Yes, cannon fodder.

Germans blinded by Hitler's powerful speeches, sent to conquer lands far away. Suckers.

Americans travelling to Afghanistan ect to pacify a country for geo political gain. Suckers.

Let me clarify

American soldiers who volunteered to fight in WW1 and WW2, Are they losers and suckers for fighting/dying?

but you are not making them squirm.

you are only making yourself look pathetic and unable to debate without deflecting.

you call it deflecting

I call it pointing out the hypocrisy of the Trump zealots.

Have i posted anything untrue?

• Advertisement

Let me clarify

American soldiers who volunteered to fight in WW1 and WW2, Are they losers and suckers for fighting/dying?

Yes. Suckers. As much as the red army suckers.

you call it deflecting

I call it pointing out the hypocrisy of the Trump zealots.

Have i posted anything untrue?

I am no Trump Zealot, I despise the man, but when i criticized the democrats you deflected.where is my hypocrisy.
    but you deflected on my questions as well.

Tell me, if Biden loses, will that also be trumps fault ?

They are losers.

Anyone who dies cos he has been fooled into killing others by people not fighting, is a moron.

You should go to a remembrance Sunday meeting and voice your thoughts to the soldiers still living, I know you won't because people who think like you are chicken to say that sort of thing to a survivor of the wars.

Disgusting comment but at least you are showing your true colours.

Yes. Suckers. As much as the red army suckers.

Those "suckers" gave you the freedom you have today, This is the problem with kids these days, no respect and absolutely no clue.

I am no Trump Zealot, I despise the man, but when i criticized the democrats you deflected.where is my hypocrisy.

Tell me, if Biden loses, will that also be trumps fault?

No, it will (hopefully) be the choice of the American people.

If Trump loses will it be because the election was rigged as he has claimed?

• Advertisement

You should go to a remembrance Sunday meeting and voice your thoughts to the soldiers still living, I know you won't because people who think like you are chicken to say that sort of thing to a survivor of the wars.

Disgusting comment but at least you are showing your true colours.

Enlighten me, why should I go to a rememberance sunday meeting and upset people just for the sake of upsetting people. ?

Should I also turn up at a vegan meeting with a big mac. ?

I might think people are fools for dying in a war, but actively engaging people to cause confrontational is that of a scumbag.

Do you even engage your brain before spouting inane rubbish

Those "suckers" gave you the freedom you have today, This is the problem with kids these days, no respect and absolutely no clue.

Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Well the Japanese who gave their freedoms are now allies with the people who caused hundreds of thousands of deaths in a single day.

So what im saying is we'd be speaking German and boards.ie would be called something else German. But i wouldn't be the the sucker who died in a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Let me clarify

In World War I the American men who lost their lives fighting in a conflict between empire did not gain by this and the survivors had a difficult time as well you can read the story of the Bonus army in 1932 and how the military (Douglas McArthur, Dwight D Eisenhower & George Patton were involved) crushed them, this directly impacted the politics of the day and swung the election to Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Tell me, if Biden loses, will that also be trumps fault ?

If Biden losses I wonder what outrageous mad story will the democrats make up this time. Will they go with Russian infiltration BS again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I don't defend Biden, I point out the hypocrisy of the Trump zealots who are quick to jump on something Biden does while totally ignoring their dear leader doing the same and worse.

Iv never seen you post anything but Trump criticism. If you play it as fairly as you say you do then where are the Biden criticisms or questioning?
    Where are the posts about anything else other than anti Trump?

Iv never seen you post anything but Trump criticism. If you play it as fairly as you say you do then where are the Biden criticisms or questioning?
    Where are the posts about anything else other than anti Trump?

He's probably working out of some democrat troll farm..

Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Well the Japanese who gave their freedoms are now allies with the people who caused hundreds of thousands of deaths in a single day.

So what im saying is we'd be speaking German and boards.ie would be called something else German. But i wouldn't be the the sucker who died in a war.

In that alternative history timeline we could have been speaking Russian. The Germans were never going to win against the Soviet Union. The war would have dragged on a few years longer, Stalin would have taken most of continental Europe if he had his way. Trivia: In the 19th century the Russians did make it to Paris and allegedly the Bistro comes from this.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

He's probably working out of some democrat troll farm..

Leafy Cheshire, but keep spinning the conspiracy, its hilarious:pac:

Leafy Cheshire, but keep spinning the conspiracy, its hilarious:pac:

Thank you..

I thought that was a good one alright..

dalyboy wrote: »
    If Biden losses I wonder what outrageous mad story will the democrats make up this time. Will they go with Russian infiltration BS again .

trump was behind the riots and swayed the electorate
    Putin rigged the draw
    The post office workers work for trump and trump only.
    Biden was not given the same opportunities and air time as trump

you can be sure there will be some outlandish excuses, it wont be anything like biden lost because he has as much charisma as a bucket or warm piss

• Advertisement

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
    Friday, September 04, 2020

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 52% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-eight percent (48%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 42% who Strongly Approve of the job Trump is doing and 42% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of 0.

source

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Rasmussen polls always skew high for Trump. 538 only rate them as a C+ pollster based on their historical accuracy.

Rasmussen polls always skew high for Trump. 538 only rate them as a C+ pollster based on their historical accuracy.

Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

This site averages all the polls, I've always found it to be the most realistic. He's not doing too badly all things considered. It's a testament to just how broken America is that so many people think this basket case is a good leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't get the poll results for this thread. All the objective data from forecast models points to a very likely Biden win. Trump will most definitely dispute the election result and claim mail-in voting fraud if he loses.

It should be made a sticky, but as has been pointed out multiple times, Hillary was as far ahead in the polls as Biden is now this time 4 years ago. And even then there were some astute people, not even Trump supporters, far from it, who predicted Trump would win.

I didn't think he would win last time but that's because I was simply going by what the US media were saying and the UK media to a lesser extent - who of course are largely anti-Thump and pro-Dem to begin with.

As for this Trump will dispute the election thing - I have been hearing this a lot in the last year and afaic it's nothing but an unfounded smear campaign. Once one Left Wing media outlet bring this up it spreads though the whole of the media and into ppl's brains, including yours.

edit: Didn't Al Gore, a Dem, dispute the results of Florida way back. Noting per se wrong with disputing results but what the left wing media are inferring is not only that Trump will dispute the result's - but not accept them at all and stay in power. That's just ridiculous.

MadYaker wrote: »
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

This site averages all the polls, I've always found it to be the most realistic. He's not doing too badly all things considered. It's a testament to just how broken America is that so many people think this basket case is a good leader.

I don't think many of us were around during the late 60s early 70s during the Lyndon B Johnson and Richard Nixon era which also have the Vietnam war underway where there were riots and protests on campus. Go back even further and you will find riots during their civil war era in the 19th century so I don't see the United States as any more broken than historical examples and consistently as Jordan Peterson pointed out in an interview on the subject of Trump, they have been split 50/50 for several decades now we power alternating between Democrat and Republicans.

You should also consider the scale, the United States is a federation of many states. The state of Ireland is part of the EU, do you think Irish people would see eye to eye with the French or Italians on every issue? Of course not, and why should we expect the multicultural population of the United States to have a shared viewpoint similar to a left leaning politically homogeneous country like Ireland.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

AllForIt wrote: »
    It should be made a sticky, but as has been pointed out multiple times, Hillary was as far ahead in the polls as Biden is now this time 4 years ago. And even then there were some astute people, not even Trump supporters, far from it, who predicted Trump would win.

I didn't think he would win last time but that's because I was simply going by what the US media were saying and the UK media to a lesser extent - who of course are largely anti-Thump and pro-Dem to begin with.

As for this Trump will dispute the election thing - I have been hearing this a lot in the last year and afaic it's nothing but an unfounded smear campaign. Once one Left Wing media outlet bring this up it spreads though the whole of the media and into ppl's brains, including yours.

edit: Didn't Al Gore, a Dem, dispute the results of Florida way back. Noting per se wrong with disputing results but what the left wing media are inferring is not only that Trump will dispute the result's - but not accept them at all and stay in power. That's just ridiculous.

Hilary was as far ahead, but she never reached the ceiling that Biden is currently at. Biden is polling on average around 50%, Hillary was never that high and there were always a lot more undecideds compared to now.

People tend to ignore the fact that while the gap is the same, Biden is polling much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Faugheen wrote: »
    Hilary was as far ahead, but she never reached the ceiling that Biden is currently at. Biden is polling on average around 50%, Hillary was never that high and there were always a lot more undecideds compared to now.

People tend to ignore the fact that while the gap is the same, Biden is polling much higher.

I know it's not exactly the same, how could it be. There are so many variables. All I'm saying is that it is still all to play for imo, i.e. one would be foolish to think Biden is certain to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They are losers.

Everyone will die anyway eventually. If people want to go and fight a war then let them fight it. They might be doing it for idealistic reasons or just because they want to fight. That's their choice. It doesn't make them any more suckers than the person who wastes their life in an office sitting in front of a computer screen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement