Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

if Trump wins, so many will be like 'How the absolute fcuk did that happen again' (me included) and if he loses (hopefully) then everyone will be staring at him to see how he reacts.

I think Trump will be magnaminous and gracious in defeat.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

There's only one choice to end the nightmare

e0577b54edabf066d9f05db0b0bfd70b.jpg

Or vote Biden

icon14.png

Biden who? the guy who mixed up Trump with G. Bush and said "we dont want more 4 years of George"?
    If Biden can't even remember the name of his opponent what is he gonna do when he is in charge of the white house? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I think Trump will be magnaminous and gracious in defeat.

lol

Trump will go into a complete meltdown if he loses

He’ll deny, fight it etc

dangerous time between Nov and jan if he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The reality is whichever of them get in it won't really matter because at least Trump is up front about the fact he couldn't care less about little old Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Humilde wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if someone like him gets in after Trump. What a nightmare scenario that could turn out to be.

Well, if there are fools willing to vote for someone like Trump, who had zero political experience, but a loud mouth willing to spout the most ridiculous drivel, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that the next American Jesus is even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Trump will go into a complete meltdown if he loses

He’ll deny, fight it etc

dangerous time between Nov and jan if he loses.

There is no way trump concedes or accepts any loss next week.

Whether he has the votes or not he will declare victory regardless, his goal is to get to to the SC and based on Kavanaughs judgement yesterday I think he would be on to a winner.

Not sure what it would do to America though, I really think there would be serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

jmayo wrote: »
    Fook me pink or any damn colour you like, but I can't wait for school to be back so some can be put back in a classroom and off their keyboards.

I am hoping for all our sakes some posters around here are still in school and not old enough to be out in the adult world.

And as for the leader of the trumpists around here, if Biden is a sleazeball then what the fook is Trump?
    Jaysus H on a bike, the guy is a creep.

And before one of you muppets start on about the left, to more than a few around here I am so far right I would have to look way to my left to find Mussolini never mind the other lad. :rolleyes:

I really dispair that there are people who are a fan of a moron that can't string together a sentence better than a 3rd class kid and haven't the cop on to grasp scientific principles but would rather go back centuries scoffing at science.

Now it is really saddening and worrying that some of these people may be Irish adults that we have wasted taxpayers funds on trying to educate for at least 10 odd years.

Of course some of these people may be based in the states to which I would say "stay to fook where you are and don't ever bother moving to (or back to) Ireland".
    We don't need to lessen our average IQ.

And if you are from US living here, then if you love Trump so much then fook off home to where are loads of home schooled bible bashing morons you can happily converse with.

I don't mind someone being anti establishment, being anti something or pro something, but when you start defending absolute moronic behaviour, complete disingenuous liars, scumbag behaviour whilst holding high office then you can fook right off.

You sneer at others, suggesting they're not well educated, that they have low IQs, and can't articulate themselves well, but yet all you did was attack users personally, and insult them, rather than make a coherent argument against a view they've expressed. Ironically, also, you did so whilst making spelling and grammatical errors, which of course is indicative of you being in no position whatsoever to be calling others out for having, in your view, a low IQ.

Unions and the government stifling business.

the government for over taxing small landlords and making evictions almost impossible.

the government.

progress , this should have been happening. Also unions, increased government taxes and regulations.

What a load of bollocks.

Have you anything else written down on your hymn sheet other than...

Everything is the fault of:

A. The Left
    B. Unions
    C. The Left.

:pac:

What a tiny little bubble you live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyKq

DrumSteve wrote: »
    There is no way trump concedes or accepts any loss next week.

Whether he has the votes or not he will declare victory regardless, his goal is to get to to the SC and based on Kavanaughs judgement yesterday I think he would be on to a winner.

Not sure what it would do to America though, I really think there would be serious trouble.

Why is betting on the US Presidential Election at 4/9 for Biden and Trump out at 7/4?
    Is the result really this clearcut?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There's only one choice to end the nightmare

e0577b54edabf066d9f05db0b0bfd70b.jpg

Or vote Biden

icon14.png
    He definitely won't drain the swamp....

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »

In fairness, Miss Piggy in as unofficial wife. The White House becoming a pigsty would be a drastic improvement. :pac:

gmisk wrote: »

And he'll be far too green for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Tony EH wrote: »
    And he'll be far too green for some.

Just another puppet for Putin to control

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jaysus the Trump zealots are out in force tonight!! They must have been told to pull double shifts and post as much shìte as possible, 6 days to go and it's only going to get worse with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Jaysus the Trump zealots are out in force tonight!! They must have been told to pull double shifts and post as much shìte as possible, 6 days to go and it's only going to get worse with them.

It's been (relatively) quiet on here, we'll see who comes clucking by in the morning.

Even KidChameleon hasn't dropped in an out of context tweet, or statement without any backup for a few hours.

On the other hand, a few of them found the politics forum, and got all their posts deleted and banned for no content, so they may be off licking their wounds (or registering a bunch of new accounts).

Here it's pretty much:
    Pete
    Eric
    KidChamo
    Jimmy (occasionally)
    RIGOLO the CHICKENO
    SilentCorner (now more silent than cornered).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

astrofool wrote: »
    It's been (relatively) quiet on here, we'll see who comes clucking by in the morning.

Even KidChameleon hasn't dropped in an out of context tweet, or statement without any backup for a few hours.

On the other hand, a few of them found the politics forum, and got all their posts deleted and banned for no content, so they may be off licking their wounds (or registering a bunch of new accounts).

Here it's pretty much:
    Pete
    Eric
    KidChamo
    Jimmy (occasionally)
    RIGOLO the CHICKENO

YUP, The Lad fella seems to have been told to just cover the meme thread, best place for him i suppose he was getting spanked every day when he was posting the silly edited videos and screaming SEE! SEE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yes, Trump is anti-establishment.

****ing hell, some people will swallow any sort of **** fed to them. A few chants of "drain the swamp" and morons think the most establishment person around is anti establishment.

****ing hell, some people will swallow any sort of **** fed to them. A few chants of "drain the swamp" and morons think the most establishment person around is anti establishment.

It's astonishing isn't it.

The sheer level of disconnect and bubble think one would have to encase themselves in to think such nonsense would be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The President with 215 indictments associated with his administration (Obama had 0), who has been impeached, who has several accusations of sexual assault made against him, is running on a campaign of 'Law and Order'.

It's both mind-boggling and absolutely fascinating at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

astrofool wrote: »

Here it's pretty much:
    Pete
    Eric
    KidChamo
    Jimmy (occasionally)
    RIGOLO the CHICKENO

Many were banned while others dont post here anymore due to the modding of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Many were banned while others dont post here anymore due to the modding of the thread.

The right need to start doing some computer science courses and spinning up some Big tech companies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

JohnnyKq wrote: »
    Why is betting on the US Presidential Election at 4/9 for Biden and Trump out at 7/4?
    Is the result really this clearcut?

Yep. It's pretty much done.

House will be Dems also

Only interesting races will happen in the Senate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

vojiwox wrote: »
    The right need to start doing some computer science courses and spinning up some Big tech companies :pac:

I'm unsure what your point is.

It's amazing how very top level events mirror what happens at a local level.

Complaints here about moderator decisions to prevent the broadcasting of extremely weak, if not outright false stories designed to help Trump look stronger by making Biden look weaker.

Complaints at the US congress level with Twitter/Facebook/Google why they stepped in to prevent the broadcasting of extremely weak, if not outright false stories designed to help Trump look stronger by making Biden look weaker.

In both cases, it comes down to policies which the owners of the platforms have to prevent such information being communicated and how doing so contravened those policies and yet, the advocates for 'Law and Order' are very unhappy with this fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Literally all of my friends (mid thirties and forties) who typically came from left-leaning backgrounds want Trump to win. These people come from a wide variety of backgrounds, many of whom don't know each other and are quite dissimilar in terms of their personalities. I'm the same. Funny old world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Literally all of my friends (in mid thirties and forties) who typically came from leftleaning backgrounds want Trump to win. These are a wide variety of people many of whom don't know each other and are quite dissimilar in terms of their personalities. I'm the same. Funny old world.

If they are Irish, then it's likely they want him to win for entertainment purposes. He's a good laugh for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

If they are Irish, then it's likely they want him to win for entertainment purposes. He's a good laugh for us.

It's a little more than that, but yes, people enjoy the entertainment/post truth angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Literally all of my friends (mid thirties and forties) who typically came from left-leaning backgrounds want Trump to win. These people come from a wide variety of backgrounds, many of whom don't know each other and are quite dissimilar in terms of their personalities. I'm the same. Funny old world.
    I would be similar age literally I don't know anyone who wants him to win.
    Any possible comedy value has well and truly wore off.
    I hope he doesn't just lose, I hope he gets f#cking hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's a little more than that, but yes, people enjoy the entertainment/post truth angle.

Post truth?

I don't think it goes that far. Trump says bonkers stuff and is completely mad. Most Irish understand he doesn't effect us.

• Advertisement

Have seen plenty of people who want him to win as am here in the US.
    But, all staunchly Republican.
    Have seen some Repubs say they're going the other way this time but yet to meet any Democrat who is openly saying they will do the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement