Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Have seen plenty of people who want him to win as am here in the US.
    But, all staunchly Republican.
    Have seen some Repubs say they're going the other way this time but yet to meet any Democrat who is openly saying they will do the same.

This seems to be the trend alright, plenty of Reps switching sides to vote for Biden, very few Dems switching sides to vote Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

hirondelle wrote: »
    Why this leftist media/big tech spiel every time? Big tech is the billionaire class looking after it's own interests- the blue candidate, the red candidate, they don't care which, so long as the politicians elected don't squeeze the profits or restrict where the money can be hid they are apolitical.
    You like to think that the culture stuff is centre stage for them- when, for those who really control things, it simply isn't. If you think about the hypocritical hoops Apple and the rest jump to in terms of getting access to China, there is no interest in human rights (let alone minority rights)- don't be fooled by big tech's hip California addresses and free hugs for staff- the only rights the sharks at the top care about are corporate rights.

Would you stop :P

They choke the life out of any political view being expressed which threatens the left's narrative:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/conservatives-dont-dominate-facebook-despite-the-lefts-insistence-they-do
    https://pjmedia.com/election/tyler-o-neil/2020/10/19/election-interference-big-tech-censored-trump-more-than-60-times-left-biden-unscathed-n1068955

Facebook even recently removed a bloody joke from the Babylon Bee for heaven sake:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/facebook-removes-babylon-bee-satire-mocking-sen-hironos-treatment-of-amy-barrett-says-it-incites-violence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Post truth?

I don't think it goes that far. Trump says bonkers stuff and is completely mad. Most Irish understand he doesn't effect us.

I'm simply relating to you my experience based on many conversations I have had with friends. I don't need you to explain how Irish people generally think or behave.

A few people I know appear to admire something in the chauvinism or plain slipperiness of the man. There also seems to be a level of admiration for his percieved push back against political correctness. Same people probably like his more laissez affair attitude to the coronavirus, freedom of speech etc. Then you have the people that like that he isn't bombing and invading foreign countries like previous presidents.

A few people appear to have bought into the idea that he is on a crusade against the deep state, and for those people he is an obvious candidate for polar opposite to the high level satanic pedophile rings dabbling in the occult that many feel infest the democratic party today.

And then yes, some just find him a great entertainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Less than a week to go... He's struggling!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1321596126001197056

Adele and skepta are reportedly dating according to mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

A few people I know appear to admire something in the chauvinism or plain slipperiness of the man. There also seems to be a level of admiration for his percieved push back against political correctness. Same people probably like his more laissez affair attitude to the coronavirus, freedom of speech etc. Then you have the people that like that he isn't bombing and invading foreign countries like previous presidents.

I can understand people liking him 'because he is their guy' i.e. hard-core Republicans.
    I can understand people liking him because he hates the liberals as much as they do.
    I can understand people liking him because they stand to gain directly from his policies (such as very rich and those in fossil industries)

But to least the points you have as reasons why people like him I can't understand.
    How can they think that a society would benefit from a leader with chauvinistic views, takes a shrugged-shoulders approach to the worst pandemic in 100 years or prefers an environment where members of society are ridiculed openly?

I'm sure 'some' people exist, but to suggest the majority of people you have spoken to about him think this way I find it hard to believe. Unless, you spoke to them all on a GOP thread on Reddit or a particular corner of Facebook.

Edit: Actually, just noticed this line
    A few people appear to have bought into the idea that he is on a crusade against the deep state, and for those people he is an obvious candidate for polar opposite to the high level satanic pedophile rings dabbling in the occult that many feel infest the democratic party today.

Yeah, reddit or Facebook it is I bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

8-10 wrote: »
    Yep. It's pretty much done.

House will be Dems also

Only interesting races will happen in the Senate

Lol Hilary was 1/5 when she lost

He's another video up now about big tech.

And he is looking 'very powerfully and strongly' at big tech.

Looking very powerfully.... He's literally looking at big tech all day going by his Twitter feed. :) and they say the kids are obsessed with social media!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Some of your friends buy into that batsh*t crazy bs? Seriously??

I'd start looking for new friends....

I'm sure 'some' people exist, but to suggest the majority of people you have spoken to about him think this way I find it hard to believe. Unless, you spoke to them all on a GOP thread on Reddit or a particular corner of Facebook.

I'm just speaking about my close friends and acquaintances (mostly male). As I say, they come from a variety of backgrounds and include some foreign nationals as well as Irish people, but of course, I am the common denominator. Anyway, thanks for being civil. Personally I am not that invested either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

This is just a collection of words that has no meaning in the real world. It's not even a good fairytale

• Advertisement

This is just a collection of words that has no meaning in the real world. It's not even a good fairytale

You are of course obviously and hopelessly wrong. Whether it is true or not is another matter, but you better believe that a lot of people believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

vojiwox wrote: »
    Less than a week to go... He's struggling!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1321596126001197056

Adele and skepta are reportedly dating according to mine!

Just a millimetre away from

karen-trump-meme-i-need-to-speak-to-the-manager-of-twitter.jpg

You are of course obviously and hopelessly wrong. Whether it is true or not is another matter, but you better believe that a lot of people believe it.

I mean people can believe it but it's still meaningless. Some people suffer from Paranoid schizophrenia and that's sad but I won't be taking ascribing any value to any particular delusions they might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

If your friends truly believe the democratic party of America (or the Republican party for that matter) are all a cabal of devil worshipping paedophiles, they genuinely need help. I mean that. There are serious deep-seated issues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Or maybe they just need to stay off of 4chan for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cirrus Incus

'The Economist' has a forecast model currently giving Biden a 97% chance of winning the electoral college. Current polling results are well outside the margin of error.

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

Trump is gone bar a massive late October surprise in his favour.

Damning documents on Biden sent by Fox Producer to their LA studios stolen en route.

Hope they made/have copies as if not they're fcuking morons trusting couriers.

Suspicious though all the same ...

https://twitter.com/M2Madness/status/1321607058966413318

Damning documents on Biden sent by Fox Producer to their LA studios stolen en route.

Brilliant! That's hilarious.

Even 'Big Courier' are in on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

splashuum wrote: »
    Lol Hilary was 1/5 when she lost

This is very different. Trump doesn’t have a hope and they all know it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The polls give biden a 12 point lead ..which is entirely unrealistic ...so yes ....i think its about to go down as it did last time.

• Advertisement

I thought Tucker hated “anonymous” sources??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

That is totally bonkers.
    How would anyone one know what was in that specific package (so many questions).
    As you said about the copies why would they not ship the copies and have the originals in a safe in a fox facility?
    Or if they wanted to send the originals have a copy but hand-deliver them with a producer flying with them if they are that important.

The polls give biden a 12 point lead ..which is entirely unrealistic ...so yes ....i think its about to go down as it did last time.

I think it’s next to impossible. He has to win Florida, PA, Ohio and one of WI or MI to have a chance.

I see him winning FL and OH, just. It won’t be enough, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

As if by magic damming documents disappear that discredit a democratic candidate with no digital backup available from a pro republican party media outlet who used a creditable logistics company.......More than likely FedEX a southern based company in a republican heartland... Hmmm this is a low ball tactic!

Are they still talking about hunter biden? They know that it's actually Joe Biden that's the democratic nominee right?

Are they still talking about hunter biden? They know that it's actually Joe Biden that's the democratic nominee right?

Don't forget it's an entertainment show, not news

8-10 wrote: »
    Don't forget it's an entertainment show, not news

That clip above is like a SNL sketch!

That you think the story doesn't involve Joe Biden shows the effect having a corrupt media has on people.

Familiarize yourself with the details of the allegations maybe:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporters-dont-ask-joe-biden-about-tony-bobulinski-hunter-emails

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

vojiwox wrote: »
    Brilliant! That's hilarious.

Even 'Big Courier' are in on it!!

Big UPS...

Or more appropriately, BIG OOPS!

• Advertisement

That you think the story doesn't involve Joe Biden shows the effect having a corrupt media has on people.

Familiarize yourself with the details of the allegations maybe:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporters-dont-ask-joe-biden-about-tony-bobulinski-hunter-emails

There's no details in that link? What's the allegation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement