Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Your statement is factually incorrect.
    Its on tape.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/16/trump-administration-broke-law-in-withholding-ukraine-aid.html

And the tape was released and played over and over.

I wonder how many people int his thread have American IP addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No ...trump did that.
    This doesn't make sense. Can you clarify?

Nm, I see your post above about another case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I wonder how many people int his thread have American IP addresses.
    Coming to you from utah currently, in a very confused state. There is a set of infinite allegations that can exist, none of which have value without evidence but we are struggling to even tease out which one of the infinite allegations without evidence that is being made. In other news something got lost in the post? Is this satire?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

Its on tape.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/16/trump-administration-broke-law-in-withholding-ukraine-aid.html

And the tape was released and played over and over.

Trump never threatened to withhold aid to Ukraine unless a prosecutor was fired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

NSAman wrote: »
    No one in the news here is covering the Biden allegations...except FOX

Ok what are Fox saying?
    NSAman wrote: »
    Common sense would see that he is only there because of daddy. Not a FOX news person or CNN as they are all biased.

Hmm

So they’re not covering the allegations then...?

What is this conversation? Again back to riddles and contradictions....common sense, and Occam’s razor, is telling me that there is no evidence backing up what you are suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

No he hasn't. :confused:

He never claimed hunter did anything illegal. He said he was worried about a relationship hunter ALLEGEDLY had with a chinese chairman. WHO BY THE WAY HAS BEEN MISSING FOR YEARS.

Look, you jumped into a conversation where a user suggested that the story had nothing to do with JOE! I linked to an article showing that Joe is an integral part of the overall story and the user came back and said that no allegation was put to JOE. You then posted in response to them and said that there are "no allegations" and so I told you that was false, and it is.
    Hunter Biden ...isn't running.

Nobody said he was :rolleyes:

That Biden talk rings of Hillary's "We came, we saw, he died, hehehe"
    They really don't give a **** who hears.

Look, you jumped into a conversation where a user suggested that the story had nothing to do with JOE! I linked to an article showing that Joe is an integral part of the overall story and the user came back and said that no allegation was put to JOE. You then posted in response to them and said that there are "no allegations" and so I told you that was false, and it is.

Said allegations about BHR have been proven to be false. Therefore there are no allegations any longer.

He threatened to withold aid for personal political gain.

Biden did not treaten to withold aid from ukraine

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/21/fact-check-joe-biden-leveraged-ukraine-aid-oust-corrupt-prosecutor/5991434002/

• Advertisement

So your statement was factually incorrect

No ...trump did that.
    But you said "no, Trump did that" in your first post, implying it wasn't Biden but Trump...

So your statement was factually incorrect
    Not at all.

It was in fact partially factually incorrect. And partially factually correct.

Which you of course understand perfectly.

The statement that Trump leverage aid in Ukraine for personal political gain..is 100% factually correct.

8-10 wrote: »
    But the allegations you are linking to is essentially an allegation that Joe Biden lied....

Not sure why you are acting like that is not a big deal, given that Biden said he NEVER spoke to Hunter about his overseas business dealings, back during / before the impeachment hearings, when defending himself against the accusation that he had a personal interest in having Shokin removed.

And yes we know there was apparently international support for his removal but that was largely based on Biden's assertions about him and so it was self feeding. Porsehenko made it clear that Ukraine felt Shokin had done no wrong but got rid of him anyway because they wanted the Billion in aid.

THAT is why revelations Joe not just knew about Hunter's overseas business dealings, but had meetings to further them, is such a big deal, especially given a President was impeachment for asking that Zelensky to look into Shokin's firing to make sure it was above board. That Biden, when he was Vice President, may have had a personal interest in Shokin being removed is a story every media outlet should be covering.
    What is the alleged corruption? Specifically?

Pay for Play. That Hunter was profiting off his father being VP and that the Bidens all made cash. That is what the emails appear to suggest and wheter true or not is neither here nor there, as just the fact that the bare details suggest this may have gone on, is more than enough reason for the story to be big news right now given that in six days time the man could be voted President of the USA.

Not at all.

It was in fact partially factually incorrect. And partially factually correct.

Which you of course understand perfectly.

biko wrote: »
    That Biden talk rings of Hillary's "We came, we saw, he died, hehehe"
    They really don't give a **** who hears.

No they don't
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPp0DHhUHrA

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

vojiwox wrote: »
    I think that's the least of Biden's worries.

Bobulinski is on Tucker Carlson tonight.

:pac:

Is that the same fella that this may be about?

https://twitter.com/DemocratsUp/status/1321619227468464131?s=20

Very cool. Now show me a link from Fox News or similar showing the same. The NY Post has been kinda quiet and alone since the big Hunter expose. Weirdly enough, even Rudy has gone to ground. Why is that?

No he did not. He was acquitted. Here is what he said:

The President: There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

President Zelenskyy: I wanted to tell you about the prosecutor. First of all, I understand and I'm knowledgeable about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in our Parliament, the next prosecutor general will be 100% my person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case. On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have any additional information that you can provide to us, it would be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name was Ivanovich. It was great that you were the first one who told me that she was a bad ambassador because I agree with you 100%. Her attitude towards me was far from the best as she admired the previous President and she was on his side. She would not accept me as a new President well enough.

The President: I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything. Your economy is going to get better and better I predict. You have a lot of assets. It's a great country. I have many Ukrainian friends, they're incredible people.

That the democrats (apparently) inferred from the above that he was bribing Zelensky, does not make it true.

Sorry if Adam Schiff made you think otherwise, but sure that scumbag said he had evidence Trump conspired with Russia to fix the 2016 election also and even called Hunter's laptop Russian misinformation. The man is Putin obsessed or has TDS, maybe both:

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1317238662749446150

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

But you said "no, Trump did that" in your first post, implying it wasn't Biden but Trump...

How can you support such an incompetent stupid man to be president of the United States?

Forget your ideology. How can you support a man like him as leader of the free world?

Biden didn't threaten to withhold aid unless a prosecutor was fired.

Trump threatened to withold aid. I notice you haven't denied this. Interestingly.

So you acknowledge its true then?

It's true that Joe Biden leveraged $1 billion in aid to persuade Ukraine to oust its top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, in March 2016.

Joe claims it wasn't related to Hunter, mind.
    I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars.

They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars.

I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours.

I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.

Well, son of a bitch. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/biden-trump-corruption/598705/

How can you support such an incompetent stupid man to be president of the United States?

Forget your ideology. How can you support a man like him as leader of the free world?

They think he will put in a far right agenda. TBH he won't ....he doesn't care either way.

He is now promising bigger medicaid funding. And saying Biden wants to get rid of their medicaid.

You couldn't make it up. I see it now 'I always was the big social welfare guy'

Trump threatened to withold aid. I notice you haven't denied this. Interestingly.

So you acknowledge its true then?

I think you should first watch the video where Biden himself boasts about it and then read the transcript of Trumps phone call that was used to clear his name

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

It's true that Joe Biden leveraged $1 billion in aid to persuade Ukraine to oust its top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, in March 2016.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/biden-trump-corruption/598705/

There are a few articles out there about this. This is one from last year:

https://www.ft.com/content/e1454ace-e61b-11e9-9743-db5a370481bc

Pay walled.
    Are these articles claiming Biden didn't do what he said he did?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can we begin by you telling us about Trump University and we'll go from there...

These are the standards of the man you support for POTUS.

I think you should first watch the video where Biden himself boasts about it and then read the transcript of Trumps phone call that was used to clear his name

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

I would point you to the link I posted outlining that timeline on these things according to the Financial Times. And that is not a left leaning paper by any stretch of the imagination.

• Advertisement

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/10/21131316/trump-2021-budget-entitlement-cuts

He is now protecting social welfare ..kinda

i guess he knows who his base it

he is racist but i think he isn't going to take poor white folks dole from them any time soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement