Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

So advertising? And the use of misleading information is all it is? Thought I was missing something

Bit like the new Borat movie ;-)

It really sounds alot more sinister then it is.

Advertising,news articles via troll farms is still an issue too and taking advantage of prominent individuals and feeding them questionable information. Eg the FBI have already said that Rudy is wide open to be using as a foreign asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

krissovo wrote: »
    As if by magic damming documents disappear that discredit a democratic candidate with no digital backup available from a pro republican party media outlet who used a creditable logistics company.......More than likely FedEX a southern based company in a republican heartland... Hmmm this is a low ball tactic!

Did the documents ever exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Time to come clean guys.

How many of you are Americans?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Time to come clean guys.

I'm not. However my partner and her family are. And since Trump has come into office, as an example, their healthcare insurance has gone up about 400%.

How about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

gmisk wrote: »
    I would be similar age literally I don't know anyone who wants him to win.
    Any possible comedy value has well and truly wore off.
    I hope he doesn't just lose, I hope he gets f#cking hammered.

Are we not getting boarded of his current antics as president. There will be a whole series of new antics if he loses - much more fun to look forward to. It may be for only 6 mts to a year in duration but I would expect it to be full on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Time to come clean guys.

My great great great great grandfather was American, Smith from New York.

Did you know him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I'm just wondering how people can post throughout the night. Some of you are definitely living in the states . American or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah, the one since it came out Rudy has disappeared.

I'm sure you are aware of election laws and rules when it comes to adverts and spending? I'm also sure you saw what CA did to places like Trinidad & Tobago with their 'targeted' ads. If not, you should check out The Great Hack on Netflix. It's an eye opener. Kinda goes into how they didn't (did) for Brexit and were also not involved (lol) in Trumps original campaign.

There is money being funnelled into online marketing that in turn is being used to target demographics in the US, again, in this election cycle.

I watched the Great Hack. Interesting but again you describing targeted online advertising such as that that Google/Amazon does.

Anyways off topic, had just always thought I was missing something. The US love a good big, bad Russian conspiracy

I'm just wondering how people can post throughout the night. Some of you are definitely living in the states . American or not.

Some of us work between a few different timezones.

• Advertisement

I watched the Great Hack. Interesting but again you describing targeted online advertising such as that that Google/Amazon does.

Anyways off topic, had just always thought I was missing something. The US love a good big, bad Russian conspiracy

Bit more insidious than what Google or Amazon do, especially with their targeted markets. But ok, spoiler, it's not only the US that reckon Russia is trying to influence things in.

You can check out The Russia report to the ISC for the UK. Or the whole thing around Merkel earlier this year. And to be honest I don't blame them. Softly softly, apart from that slight issue with the nerve agent in the UK. But agreed it is taking the thread off course.

So who are the bad folks now in President Trumps eyes as President Putin has told him to get a grip on the Biden stuff and he's been badmouthing China for so long that there's not a hope of anything there. (Oh, those tariffs that Chyna had to pay, yeah those are being paid out by the general American folks)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ALLEGED Damning documents on Biden sent by Fox Producer to their LA studios ALLEGEDLY stolen en route.

Hope they made/have copies as if not they're fcuking morons trusting couriers.

Suspicious though all the same ...

https://twitter.com/M2Madness/status/1321607058966413318

Nothing suspicious really Pete, it never happened, you know it, I know it, and any undecided voters with an IQ above double digits knows it. This is just pure desperation from Carlson/Fox to try and get Trump a couple of votes.

Remember guys, this is Tucker Carlson, his own network said he is not to be taken seriously.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/fox-news-defends-tucker-carlson-karen-mcdougal-slander-suit-1298999
    Tucker Carlson doesn't have an obligation to investigate the truth of statements before making them on his show, and his audience doesn't expect him to report facts, a lawyer for Fox News told a New York federal judge on Wednesday. 

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/videos/797504800724150

Joe Biden shares how, as Vice President, he threatened to withhold aid to Ukraine unless a prosecutor was fired.

The prosecutor was investigating Burisma

If that is where you are you have a lot of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Field east wrote: »
    Did the documents ever exist?
    Of course....the postal service/dog ate my only copy of these precious verifiable documents!!! Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

It's a little more than that, but yes, people enjoy the entertainment/post truth angle.

Well, if this is the outcome of a 240 year experiment in participative democracy, I'm a little underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

hirondelle wrote: »
    Well, if this is the outcome of a 240 year experiment in participative democracy, I'm a little underwhelmed.

Got a better success story? 240 years, lots of wars, great economic swings, huge population growth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Wow. 1000 per cent. Joe is in trouble!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

My prediction after waiting is biden to win pretty easily, can see pa wi az mi and possibly ga flipping back blue. High turnout so far not good for trump. Will be interesting to see what affect a democrat president has on social unrest.

Nothing suspicious really Pete, it never happened, you know it, I know it, and any undecided voters with an IQ above double digits knows it. This is just pure desperation from Carlson/Fox to try and get Trump a couple of votes.

Remember guys, this is Tucker Carlson, his own network said he is not to be taken seriously.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/fox-news-defends-tucker-carlson-karen-mcdougal-slander-suit-1298999

I just watched it again. Its the funniest part of this so far for me.

I thought bobukinksi press conference wouldn't be topped but they did it.

And we've still days to go. I'm expecting absolute off the walls crazy from the right before election day! You won't be able to move for SMokINg gUNS!

Wish Cruz would pencil in another hearing with Big Tech and get Jim Jordan in there with him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 df02169

Anyone who uses the phrase 1000% is lying their ****ing hole off.

• Advertisement

df02169 wrote: »
    Anyone who uses the phrase 1000% is lying their ****ing hole off.

Sounds like he's up to his eyeballs in debt. Just like Donny. Lads under pressure do silly things.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Igotadose wrote: »
    Got a better success story? 240 years, lots of wars, great economic swings, huge population growth...

Sorry, the context of the quote was lost- I was expressing disappointment that somebody would choose to vote for Trump because they enjoyed the "post truth angle"- a depressing situation given the high ideals of the then new state.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

hirondelle wrote: »
    Sorry, the context of the quote was lost- I was expressing disappointment that somebody would choose to vote for Trump because they enjoyed the "post truth angle"- a depressing situation given the high ideals of the then new state.

The whole 'post-truth' thing is a load of b*llocks. You can bet your bottom dollar that those who enjoy the idea the most have fundamental beliefs of their own, and 'post-truth' is really just a tool for them to make others doubt things, maybe everything, and then in that chaos drag things down an avenue more to the liking of the 'post-truther', and they'd certainly be banging on about the truth then. It's not simply a nihilistic thing, it's quite an obvious Trojan horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

vojiwox wrote: »
    I just watched it again. Its the funniest part of this so far for me.

I thought bobukinksi press conference wouldn't be topped but they did it.

And we've still days to go. I'm expecting absolute off the walls crazy from the right before election day! You won't be able to move for SMokINg gUNS!

Wish Cruz would pencil in another hearing with Big Tech and get Jim Jordan in there with him too.

We HAD the smoking gun, but we, er, lost it, please believe us, this is totally true and not 100% the product of our imaginations, anyone who says otherwise is fake news.

astrofool wrote: »
    We HAD the smoking gun, but we, er, lost it, please believe us, this is totally true and not 100% the product of our imaginations, anyone who says otherwise is fake news.

And I presume Tucker knows this is all rubbish. He's in it to make some money. And make money from it all he does.

But the people who believe Tucker, it must be frustrating for them if they actually believe all this to be true. Literally the whole world(Media, Big Tech, Delivery Companies, Borat) is against Trump's desire for justice to prevail!! The whole place is corrupt except Donald.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,848 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think this smoking gun evidence that was lost is actually now due to be released in two weeks. Same day as Trump's healthcare plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

If documents of national importance can get lost in the post like this then so can thousands of mail in votes

This is the angle they'll go with

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

vojiwox wrote: »
    And I presume Tucker knows this is all rubbish. He's in it to make some money. And make money from it all he does.

But the people who believe Tucker, it must be frustrating for them if they actually believe all this to be true. Literally the whole world(Media, Big Tech, Delivery Companies, Borat) is against Trump's desire for justice to prevail!! The whole place is corrupt except Donald.....

It must be sooooo frustrating, I mean, Rudy had the same smoking gun, but just took some pictures of small snippets, if only he released the full thing! silly Rudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Billy Mays wrote: »
    If documents of national importance can get lost in the post like this then so can thousands of mail in votes

This is the angle they'll go with

PA has decided to uphold allowing postal votes even without a postmark up to 3 days after the election. I think Biden will take PA but if trump somehow has PA on the 3rd and especially if it gets him over the line ill be suspicious of democrat postal votes appearing after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ah here it looks like anyone can fire off a load of old sh!te and proclaim themselves the adult in the room...

How can anyone challenge this bollox, is it by design or do you have to regularly let it all off your chest?

To assume everyone who's taken a different position is doing so for the reason you imagine and is the caricature you've lazily drawn takes some serious... insight. Look there are endless ways to attack Biden and Trump and that's called politics. Yes, Trump is anti-establishment and he sucks a lot and he's a narcissist but he is the devil you know, even if you seem to be getting worked up about it anew every time you weigh in with one of these above-the-fray dictums.

I notice you're banging on about education and IQ and scientific principles like only the big brains are apt to do... how could us children tackle next-level questions like 'if Biden is a sleazeball then what the fook is Trump?' You're the adult around here yet you haven't had that grown-up realisation that two things can be true at the same time. Which doesn't mean they are equal in importance or that they exist in a vacuum like you seem satisfied to conclude.

Well I am grown up enough to know that Trump is an ar**hole par excellent, is a grade A spoofer, actually is a fooking moron, is a liar and has made his country a worse place for a lot of it's citizens.
    Hell he has made the world a worse place.

And anyone that defends him, his so called policies and his character is either also a moron, lacks common sense, some basic education or is benefiting directly from him and thus overlooking everything else.

At the time of the last election and actually to this day I will defend a lot of the rust belt working class people who voted him in 2016.
    He offered a non establishment voice, that actually seemed to care enough about these voters that he visited their towns, their cities, their state.
    He offered something different and hope.

But no fooking way will I defend someone that is going to vote for him today, that is defending all the shyte that he has done and even worse the shyte he comes out with.

And some of the Trump supporters on here are doing exactly that.

Biden may not be great, but a fooking chimp would be better than Trump.

I am not allowed discuss …

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement