Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

jmayo wrote: »
    Well I am grown up enough to know that Trump is an ar**hole par excellent, is a grade A spoofer, actually is a fooking moron, is a liar and has made his country a worse place for a lot of it's citizens.
    Hell he has made the world a worse place.

And anyone that defends him, his so called policies and his character is either also a moron, lacks common sense, some basic education or is benefiting directly from him and thus overlooking everything else.

At the time of the last election and actually to this day I will defend a lot of the rust belt working class people who voted him in 2016.
    He offered a non establishment voice, that actually seemed to care enough about these voters that he visited their towns, their cities, their state.
    He offered something different and hope.

But no fooking way will I defend someone that is going to vote for him today, that is defending all the shyte that he has done and even worse the shyte he comes out with.

And some of the Trump supporters on here are doing exactly that.

Biden may not be great, but a fooking chimp would be better than Trump.

not a fan then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You sneer at others, suggesting they're not well educated, that they have low IQs, and can't articulate themselves well, but yet all you did was attack users personally, and insult them, rather than make a coherent argument against a view they've expressed. Ironically, also, you did so whilst making spelling and grammatical errors, which of course is indicative of you being in no position whatsoever to be calling others out for having, in your view, a low IQ.

Actually people with high IQs can be dyslexic.
    And some very smart people can have poor language skills or poor writing skills.

Pete you have defended some awful shyte, just because it is Trump.

If you were defending him in 2016 fair enough, but after all the shyte, after all the mismanagement of covid, after all the subverting the justice system to target opponents, subverting the independence of arms of government to shut down opposition, the race baiting, the renegading on commitments to world bodies and agreements, etc I seriously have to ask WTF.

I just find it indescribable how this mindset exists.

I watched a program recently with a BBC interviewer in a rust belt town interviewing Trump supporters.
    They claimed he made America better, but when asked how he personally made their life better they had no answer bar one saying "the stock market was up".

The longer I live and the more I see, the more I am coming to a realisation that a lot of people are just plain stupid.

And I don't fooking care if you think that is insulting or not.

Oh and some people who can write perfectly formed text and speak perfectly formed sentences and yet can be fooking morons.
    Make of that what you will.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's as simple as this: every vote which was cast by the deadline set by the states in which they were cast should be given its due provided it's within a reasonable timeframe after the close of the polls. A 3 day deadline, or a week deadline is laughable considering that the next president isn't even sworn until a little bit over 2 months later. Short deadlines especially in light of the volume of votes incoming are obvious and transparent electioneering. In a democracy, there must be a good-faith effort to count every legitimate vote cast, and if some are not legitimate, then time should be given to inspect that, but let there be time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SqUEE

Orange man bad

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

SqUEE wrote: »
    Orange man bad

Mod

Make your follow up post, explaining the above, a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

You might be left waiting. That user has posted just 8 times in 16 years.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Tony EH wrote: »

Looks like Eircom sent them over the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Tony EH wrote: »

Now that's what I call playing the long game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Now that's what I call playing the long game.

Now we just sit back and wait...

529237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Biden to win with well over 300 electorate votes. Trump obviously doesn't listen to advisers. Biden may able to bring a less brash view to the social unrest and calm it all down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Biden to win with well over 300 electorate votes. Trump obviously doesn't listen to advisers. Biden may able to bring a less brash view to the social unrest and calm it all down.

Take the challenge! Just a few days to go - fill in the electoral map and tell us how you chose your swing state votes, along with the final number

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/electoral-college-interactive-maps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Actually people with high IQs can be dyslexic.
    And some very smart people can have poor language skills or poor writing skills.

Pete you have defended some awful shyte, just because it is Trump.

If you were defending him in 2016 fair enough, but after all the shyte, after all the mismanagement of covid, after all the subverting the justice system to target opponents, subverting the independence of arms of government to shut down opposition, the race baiting, the renegading on commitments to world bodies and agreements, etc I seriously have to ask WTF.

I just find it indescribable how this mindset exists.

I watched a program recently with a BBC interviewer in a rust belt town interviewing Trump supporters.
    They claimed he made America better, but when asked how he personally made their life better they had no answer bar one saying "the stock market was up".

The longer I live and the more I see, the more I am coming to a realisation that a lot of people are just plain stupid.

And I don't fooking care if you think that is insulting or not.

Oh and some people who can write perfectly formed text and speak perfectly formed sentences and yet can be fooking morons.
    Make of that what you will.

You brought up intelligence and you're at it again, nobody else used it as a stick to beat someone with, definitely not me. Yes some people are stupid but most people only see the obvious kind. You really think the stupid is monopolised by Trump supporters? You don't think its likely that there is some bias going on there?

I would have agreed with your latest comments because that's what I strongly believe i.e. that they're are different forms and expressions of intelligence and some of the most educated people are also the most easily fooled. There's only so much bull**** a working class group of people will accept for example.
    I didn't have a go at you for the way you write but I sometimes like having a go at writing more formally just for the challenge of it, that's all.

You seem more reasonable than average on here in that you recognise that people had a reason to vote for him in 2016. That's interesting because the reason you give for not voting in 2020 is actually that very reason: being anti-establishment.

There have been few serious points made about Trump using the justice system in anything approaching an illegal manner, let alone the fascist we were told he was in 2016. There have been often repeated points from the notoriously long lists of *impartial* lawyers (like the 50 *concerned* ex-intel personnel who ran interference for Biden) signing their names, whining about the prosecutors who quit en masse in the Roger Stone case when everything about that case from the arrest to their sentencing was clearly political and again was not in a vacuum!

Their is ample evidence over the last three plus years that the arms of justice system are deeply politicised, impeachment, FBI, Flynn, Stone. Executive power used directly or indirectly is required to push back against that kind of rot and I wouldn't listen to the moans of establishment lawyers or bureaucrats who were part of the problem. This is the pattern of defence of the system: when someone properly pushes back against it the media is flooded with these serious sounding people whose opinion we are supposed to mistake for fact, which then becomes the source for the endless repetition of propaganda.

Foreign policy I've touched on the most important thing which he and Biden couldn't be further apart on: China. Biden even had his chance to negotiate with China and he failed miserably or dare I say purposefully based on recent revelations. As if that wasn't bad enough he is stooging for establishment Wall St. in no small part for his attitude on China - they don't sink money into his campaign for nothing, if you think they've suddenly become moral actors then I've got news for you. Hence they're spending big on his campaign and writing the propaganda about his glorious economic plan. t was actually funny watching Reddit people dumping a news article proudly proclaiming Biden has Wall St. backing.

So we all attacked Trump for his recognition of the myriad problems with China and how relations with them had to fundamentally change and while rest of the world then followed suit because he was correct. If you accept that anti-establishment views were reasonable in 2016 then what point is it on giving them up in 2020 because there has been some blowback?

And if you were being honest you would know that the BBC interviewing low-information voters doesn't prove a thing. The fact that you draw such sweeping conclusions from it thinking this is exclusive to Trump or Republicans says quite a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The BBC pulled the same stunt with Brexiteers (which I don't have a strong opinion on either way)...the fact that people haven't copped onto this deliberate misrepresentation of voters in media actually explains a lot!!!!

Its easier to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled!!!

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

I believe enough people see Donald Trump as being a bad man who is orange enough to vote for a zombie instead.

Perhaps I'm wrong but its hard to read the polls any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Well I am grown up enough to know that Trump is an ar**hole par excellent, is a grade A spoofer, actually is a fooking moron, is a liar and has made his country a worse place for a lot of it's citizens.

And anyone that defends him, his so called policies and his character is either also a moron, lacks common sense, some basic education or is benefiting directly from him and thus overlooking everything else.

At the time of the last election and actually to this day I will defend a lot of the rust belt working class people who voted him in 2016.
    He offered a non establishment voice, that actually seemed to care enough about these voters that he visited their towns, their cities, their state.

But no fooking way will I defend someone that is going to vote for him today, that is defending all the shyte that he has done and even worse the shyte he comes out with.

Throwing insults freely at people who dont agree with your political opinion.

Carte blanche boards 2020

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I wish I had written this, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

SqUEE wrote: »
    I believe enough people see Donald Trump as being a bad man who is orange enough to vote for a zombie instead.

Perhaps I'm wrong but its hard to read the polls any other way.
    Think maybe you should go into hibernation again for another few years after this scutter you posted:rolleyes:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Trump is horrible man but not to bad of a president when stacked up against the rest

He is kind of the anti Obama who was an awful president but spoke well and presented him well so people remember him fondly

People go on about how he handled Covid which is fair but I'm Not sure sleepy Joe would have handled it any better,

Trump done some good things reshaping the federal judiciary, space force ,tax reform & first step act

Coloured folks in America life's will not change under Biden , all the problems they face now had where there pre Trump ,
    Have we forgot the Crime Bill back in 1994 ( I think) probably was responsible for the most mass incarceration ( majority coloured folks) than any bill in the last 50 years,

Biden once said of Obama "i mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.” that my friends is racist

Biden opposed school integration in the 70s
    Biden himself is know for plagiarizing remember 1988 , he voted to gut welfare ,

I'm not saying Tump is great but when you look at it both sides are as bad as each other,

Who ever wins America is the loser

Think maybe you should go into hibernation again for another few years after this scutter you posted:rolleyes:

Outrageous isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Nothing suspicious really Pete, it never happened, you know it, I know it, and any undecided voters with an IQ above double digits knows it. This is just pure desperation from Carlson/Fox to try and get Trump a couple of votes.

So, let me get this straight: you actually believe Tucker is lying about this and the Network are just ignoring that he is lying? And the two producers also? They're all in on it?
    Remember guys, this is Tucker Carlson, his own network said he is not to be taken seriously.

You're misinterpreting what was said and besides, the Judge agreed with Fox and on throwing out the case said: "The statements were rhetorical hyperbole and opinion commentary intended to frame a political debate, and, as such, were not actionable as defamation" and she was of course referring to Tucker calling the woman's classic case of extortion a (and I quote): "classic case of extortion".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So, let me get this straight: you actually believe Tucker is lying about this and the Network are just ignoring that he is lying? And the two producers also? They're all in on it?

You're misinterpreting what was said and besides, the Judge agreed with Fox and on throwing out the case said: "The statements were rhetorical hyperbole and opinion commentary intended to frame a political debate, and, as such, were not actionable as defamation" and she was of course referring to Tucker calling the woman's classic case of extortion a (and I quote): "classic case of extortion".

Yes, that's exactly what I believe. If Carlson said the sky was blue I would look out the window to check if he was lying. He is Fox's version of Alex Jones. He isn't news he is entertainment and therefore can make these idiotic claims.

The documents got "lost" in the post and we didn't think to make a single copy.... as soon to be president Biden would say.... C'mon man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yes, that's exactly what I believe. If Carlson said the sky was blue I would look out the window to check if he was lying. He is Fox's version of Alex Jones. He isn't news he is entertainment and therefore can make these idiotic claims.

The documents got "lost" in the post and we didn't think to make a single copy.... as soon to be president Biden would say.... C'mon man!!
    1848b2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Billy Mays wrote: »
    1848b2.jpg

...but let me tell you, openeing and reading every piece of mail and re-sealing it so no one suspects, is a hell of a job.

Throwing insults freely at people who dont agree with your political opinion.

Carte blanche boards 2020

But when Trump does it, you think he is good presidential material....

You're being irrational. Of course Tucker, his Executive Producer, the NY Producer are not all in on some vast conspiracy to claim they had some documents which never even existed. I know you hate Trump / Fox, but it's just odd, extremely so, to believe what you're admitting to and then rationalizing to yourself.
    Hilarious. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it would seem they did make copies:
    Neither Tucker in his on-air statement, nor Fox News in its news report stated that the missing set of documents was the only copy.
    Nonetheless, this has given rise to claims that the missing set of documents meant Fox News does not have a copy.

We have learned from an extremely reliable source in a position to know that Fox News did in fact keep a copy of the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hilarious. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it would seem they did make copies:

If they have copies of the documents which they claim were lost, then he is a bigger idiot for making a show of himself on TV last night with his 'the dog ate my homework' excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

But when Trump does it, you think he is good presidential material....

Trump isnt on Boards.ie

Posters are just insulting fellow strangers online and getting away with it.
    The only prerequisite to throw out the insults without reprimand is you have to be a Biden fan or Trump hater.

It's all very one sided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Trump isnt on Boards.ie

We can't say that for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

When tomorrow we go to sleep it will be FOUR MORE DAYS.

Any more tweets or meltdowns from Trump? Seems to be a bit quiet, but not in US so what do I know.

• Advertisement

If they have copies of the documents which they claim were lost, then he is a bigger idiot for making a show of himself on TV last night with his 'the dog ate my homework' excuse.

"Excuse" ? If Tucker had not told us the documents were missing, nobody would know that they had even existed. You (collective you) are acting as if he was publicly given some documents and lost them but that's not what happened. It was volunteered information last night. Just be grateful for the update and await the next one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement