Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

bobbyy gee wrote: »

What a load of sh17, recover from Trump

Trump has no power over me, never had never will, ever...

He's a leader of a foreign land, I don't read into international politics because I have enough responsibilities, interests and goals here than to be getting triggered by the president of some country a few thousand miles away.

If Irish people feel they need to recover from Trump, then he already has power over you and you're a weak and pathetic individual.

Check yourself into a therapist, because it's insane to feel like you need to recover from Trump

Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

What a load of low-brow rubbish.

If the Irish/UK media didn't focus so much on Trump we'd have noting to recover from.

She talks about 'recovering' but she implies she supports the violence in Portland. Donald Trump, no matter how odious one thinks he is, is not singularly responsible for the racial issues in the US or the violent protests.

Why didn't all these racial issues come to the fore when Obama was in charge? We are told they are 'endemic' but just as white man Trump is pressy Antifa takes a hold, violence ensues, as if everything was honky-dorky before Trump.

Quite the spin she's putting on it there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

dear christ.....

We have people far worse than trump in this country, from the crooked liars...I mean politicians, to the bankers etc, people who have done more damage to us and our future generations

Its our own people we need recovering from, not some toxic orange lunatic in another country

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

nthclare wrote: »
    What a load of sh17, recover from Trump

Trump has no power over me, never had never will, ever...

He's a leader of a foreign land, I don't read into international politics because I have enough responsibilities, interests and goals here than to be getting triggered by the president of some country a few thousand miles away.

If Irish people feel they need to recover from Trump, then he already has power over you and you're a weak and pathetic individual.

Check yourself into a therapist, because it's insane to feel like you need to recover from Trump

Bye

You don't care yet you read the thread, the article and posted on the thread? Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Moghead wrote: »
    You don't care yet you read the thread, the article and posted on the thread? Bizarre.

Not caring doesn't mean literally not caring

• Advertisement

Not caring doesn't mean literally not caring

If you don't care about it either way why bother wasting your time on it is the point I'm trying to make. I get where he's coming from though, we can't do anything about the US Election and the result probably won't change our lives much. Both candidates are poor.

There has been a few posters accusing others of TDS on the thread, I think irish people who constantly jump to Trumps defence are even more deluded.

Moghead wrote: »
    If you don't care about it either way why bother wasting your time on it is the point I'm trying to make. I get where he's coming from though, we can't do anything about the US Election and the result probably won't change our lives much. Both candidates are poor.

There has been a few posters accusing others of TDS on the thread, I think irish people who constantly jump to Trumps defence are even more deluded.

And you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It was very close last time. I think it will be very close this time. I don't know either way though.

Obv i hope Biden wins. I think we all do.

It was very close last time. I think it will be very close this time. I don't know either way though.

Obv i hope Biden wins. I think we all do.

I hope Trump wins

I hope Trump wins
    Let me search your previous posts and get back to you. I want to see if you are worthy of debating.

• Advertisement

And you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else

If course we are all entitled to our opinions. However why would a poster say they don't care about this issue when they obviously do, it's odd.

Trump has based his campaign less on mexicans and more on black americans this time around and propagating they are going to take over america. This is despite the fact that according to google black people are only 13% of the pop in the US

37ehr.jpg

37ehs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I actually think the Democrats don't want to win. How they could back Biden for their horse is beyond me. So, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump got in for another 4 years.

Trump has based his campaign less on mexicans and more on black americans this time around and propagating they are going to take over america. This is despite the fact that according to google black people are only 13% of the pop in the US

37ehr.jpg

37ehs.jpg

Fake news!

Trump is basing this campaign on far left anarchism, rioting, the Democrats and china.
    His campaign isnt based on " black people ".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

There is a cohort within the democratic party who are very left wing.
    They want the voting age lowered

Decriminalisation of illegal border crossing is in Joe Bidens list of "promises "

As is giving 10s of billions to minorities. Nothing motivates someone like a handout
    Sounds like reparations through the back door

Anything to buy those votes

Want to point out where you've seen that is his stance?
    Or is it easier to make unsupported claims and hope they stick in people's minds, because most people won't go and double check what you say?

Joe Biden blasts decriminalizing illegal immigration: 'It's a crime'

Mr. Biden would roll back President Trump’s immigration policies but would not decriminalize unauthorized border crossings

Mr. Biden hasn’t embraced all of his early rivals’ positions—he hasn’t endorsed decriminalizing border crossings or abolishing Immigration and Customs Enforcement, for example

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

37ehr.jpg

37ehs.jpg
    How exactly has he based his campaign on black Americans ?

I don't see anything where he has targeted blacks.

How exactly has he based his campaign on black Americans ?

I don't see anything where he has targeted blacks.
    He has been saying to people who live in white areas that the democrats will come and build community housing in their areas.

Aka ..black communities ..

here https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/us/politics/trump-obama-housing-discrimination.html

He has been saying to people who live in white areas that the democrats will come and build community housing in their areas.

Aka ..black communities ..

will he be building these community houses before or after the border wall he is building as well ?:D

The building industry will love this guy

will he be building these community houses before or after the border wall he is building as well ?:D

The building industry will love this guy
    No ...listen to what i am saying ..he is AGAINST the community housing.

He keeps threatening that black people (from community housing ) will overrun the white suburbs ...

He keeps attacking obama era programs to provide community housing ...a lot of the time for black people.

He is talking like white america is under siege despite the fact that black people are ....13 % of the pop....hispanic 18% and white people like 60%...the rest being made up by mixed people and the odd native american.

• Advertisement

No ...listen to what i am saying ..he is AGAINST the community housing.

He keeps threatening that black people (from community housing ) will overrun the white suburbs ...

He keeps attacking obama era programs to provide community housing ...a lot of the time for black people.

I know, i was just trying to make a joke, not sure it worked:(

Lets be honest, that wont be the worst stunt he will pull before election day, both sides will stir up all sorts of **** and will make for some comedic arguments, fiery debated, and see some members lose the plot.

All good as far as I am concerned as I have no care who gets elected as no one wins in the end....they will all still be liars and war mongers,

He is talking like white america is under siege despite the fact that black people are ....13 % of the pop....hispanic 18% and white people like 60%...the rest being made up by mixed people and the odd native american.

maybe he is using the fact that the 13% are commiting over 50% of the entire murders in the US, and over 75% of violent crime according to figures I read a couple of weeks ago.

I am not saying its right, but playing devils advocate

I know, i was just trying to make a joke, not sure it worked:(

Lets be honest, that wont be the worst stunt he will pull before election day, both sides will stir up all sorts of **** and will make for some comedic arguments, fiery debated, and see some members lose the plot.

All good as far as I am concerned as I have no care who gets elected as no one wins in the end....they will all still be liars and war mongers,
    Went over my head sorry :o

As far as I am concerned ..biden has to win. Otherwise the next 4 years will be worse.

maybe he is using the fact that the 13% are commiting over 50% of the entire murders in the US, and over 75% of violent crime according to figures I read a couple of weeks ago.

I am not saying its right, but playing devils advocate
    This statistic is true.

But one of the things propaganda does is convince people the minority is savage in order to justify acting in a savage way towards them.

Thus justifying police violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

37ehr.jpg

37ehs.jpg

Trump looks like getting the largest black vote of any GOP President in many years. Which isn't massive.

It's a new one to say he is propagandizing in such a way.

Danzy wrote: »
    Trump looks like getting the largest black vote of any GOP President in many years. Which isn't massive.

It's a new one to say he is propagandizing in such a way.
    psssh that is what he said the last time ..come back to me about that after the election we shall see.

89% of blacks voted clinton last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Went over my head sorry :o

As far as I am concerned ..biden has to win. Otherwise the next 4 years will be worse.

As far as world affairs are concerned there has been absolutely zero negative effect from Trump being the pressy. Certainly in terms of international conflict.

The domestic affairs of the US have noting to do with us, just like Russian domestic affairs have noting to do with us, which I'm sure they have. And aren't we better off from not hearing about them whatever they are.

AllForIt wrote: »
    As far as world affairs are concerned there has been absolutely zero negative effect from Trump being the pressy. Certainly in terms of international conflict.

The domestic affairs of the US have noting to do with us, just like Russian domestic affairs have noting to do with us, which I'm sure they have. And aren't we better off from not hearing about them whatever they are.

You are wrong. But I will leave it there.

Plus we are in a pandemic i will leave you to work it out how other cases in other countries affect us.

This statistic is true.

But one of the things propaganda does is convince people the minority is savage in order to justify acting in a savage way towards them.

Thus justifying police violence.

African Americans die less per 100k arrests than Whites.

Policing there needs significant reform but police violence is not a major problem in African American communities.

80% of African Americans want police budgets maintained or increased, less among Whites and lowest among young whites. The class divide.

There are so many real and and serious problems.

• Advertisement

You are wrong. But I will leave it there.

Plus we are in a pandemic i will leave you to work it out how other cases in other countries affect us.

I also don't think Trump has had zero negative influence in Foreign Affairs but as American Presidents go he is the least interfering we will likely see in our lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement