Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

The issue is not Trump, its not Biden, its the whole system,and the people that have created this system.

I absolutely agree their system is screwed up beyond belief - it why this happens tho:
    Why is he still in with a very real shout in this election ? surely if he let people down he should not even be in the running.

I wouldn't deem him fit to be in charge of my country (irrelevant - I am neither in the states nor is he running here!) - and I certainly don't think he is the best candidate the Republicans could offer. But that back to the whole broken system point, issues with the media, how there is spin on top of spin, a two tier system etc
    I think despite the mistakes he has made, its an indication of how broken the system is that he is in with a shout to remain in power (I think its a foregone conclusion that he will be in power). I still don't think he is fit enough tho - and that's not me trying to sound morally superior, smug or anything. I just think he is full of sh!t and the system is ripe for the taking.

Biker79 wrote: »
    Wrong - the left control the narrative through the mainstream media. Fewer than 10% of journalists are conservative.

That speaks for itself in terms of partisan reporting. The second video of the Floyd incident was released months later, when nobody cared for the truth, and the chaos was in full swing.

C'mon now, just look through his very thread to see selective editing of clips. Over produced campaign videos showing fear mongering of the its and all sorts of nonsense.

"The narrative" isn't just mainstream media, its all of it, social, news, TV etc - twitter is full of left and right nonsense. And additionally I don't buy that 10% figure - it was posted as 7% of newspaper journalists 6 years ago - now we have 10% - base don what? If the mainstream media was so biased - how would it even be possible for a Republican to stand a chance?

and EDIT - its not wrong for me to say that. You disagree maybe, but I didn't say anything "wrong".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I've explained this before but it's OK I'll explain it again just for you.

I don't deflect, what I do is point out the hypocrisy of the Trump zealots

:D

I hate to break it to you, but that is deflection.

When someone mentions biden and you feel you have to mention trump to deflect....wait for it....its called deflection

• Registered Users Posts: 25,591 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I hate to break it to you, but that is deflection.

When someone mentions biden and you feel you have to mention trump to deflect....wait for it....its called deflection

No, I show the hypocrisy of the Trump zealots, you may not like that, you may even wish to label it as you have but the fact is I show the hypocrisy of a certain cohort in these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

No, I show the hypocrisy of the Trump zealots, you may not like that, you may even wish to label it as you have but the fact is I show the hypocrisy of a certain cohort in these threads.

You may, and Im not trying to offend you, be slightly embellishing your effectiveness there. Everyone thinks thats what their doing to the posters from the other side.

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »
    You may, and Im not trying to offend you, be slightly embellishing your effectiveness there. Everyone thinks thats what their doing to the posters from the other side.

Whether it's effective or not is not really important, I feel it needs to be done and so I do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Utter tripe! If he put his country and the people first he would have listened to the people around him that said Covid was a killer, He would have stepped aside and let them handle the pandemic, He would have agreed with them and told the American people to suck it up and listen to the advice of the experts.

Instead he kept the information to himself, railed against the people who were warning about the pandemic, ignored what was happening all over the world, encouraged people to attend Mass rallies (of his) and to rebel against governors who called for lock downs.

He is responsible for the deaths of many thousands of Americans and no mayter how you try to spin it this is still a fact.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/398887965302091776?s=20

In your opinion. I find yours to be upper tripe as you do mine.

I disagree. As is my right.

In your opinion. I find yours to be upper tripe as you do mine.

I disagree. As is my right.

So you are saying he was right to keep it quiet and to allow thousands of people die because they listened to him when he said it wasn't that bad and that it would disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Im saddened to hear one of top Democrat Tina Koteks staffers has been arrested for rioting in Portland Oregan. Interfering with police trying to do their job.

She was one of a crowd who turned up with riot shields dressed in all black throwing firebombs mortars and rocks.

The Dems want the riots. Riling up kids to get criminal records to create instability hoping it will gain them votes because they have no policies.

It makes me sad and Im sure it makes the most peaceful president in living memory and the guy they call uncle Trump in the middle east sad too.

One of her group managed to set a community member on fire and they were hospitalised. When will it stop? Where does it end? How low are the dems willing to go?

I wish the injured party a speedy recovery.

Im saddened to hear one of top Democrat Tina Koteks staffers has been arrested for rioting in Portland Oregan. Interfering with police trying to do their job.

She was one of a crowd who turned up with riot shields dressed in all black throwing firebombs mortars and rocks.

The Dems want the riots. Riling up kids to get criminal records to create instability hoping it will gain them votes because they have no policies.

It makes me sad and Im sure it makes the most peaceful president in living memory and the guy they call uncle Trump in the middle east sad too.

One of her group managed to set a community member on fire and they were hospitalised. When will it stop? Where does it end? How low are the dems willing to go?

• Advertisement

kenmm wrote: »

Theres somebody suffering burns. One of her group had a knife another had a dagger when arrested. This is serious stuff.

Theres somebody suffering burns.

ye its a pretty dire situation in general over there. If you express concern tho, its often seen as virtue signalling.

Regardless, I can't help but laugh when someone is trying to rile people up by complaining about other people riling people up.

Theres somebody suffering burns. One of her group had a knife another had a dagger when arrested. This is serious stuff.

Tell me, out of all that has happened, why did this one specific incident make you sad?

I wish the injured party a speedy recovery.

I doubt it very much. Good effort tho.

I doubt it very much. Good effort tho.

You dont think I hope somebody who suffered burns from projectiles thrown by trouble risers to recover?

You dont think I hope somebody who suffered burns from projectiles thrown by trouble risers to recover?

No - I don't. I don't think you give a damn - your post reads as such, even after you edited to 'express concern'.

I think you wanted to jump on it because of the political angle. Probably because you read about it in the Daily Mail. But that is speculation on my part based upon the fact that its the only news outlet here running the story.

Tell me, out of all that has happened, why did this one specific incident make you sad?

That is the question

No - I don't. I don't think you give a damn - your post reads as such, even after you edited to 'express concern'.

I think you wanted to jump on it because of the political angle. Probably because you read about it in the Daily Mail. But that is speculation on my part based upon the fact that its the only news outlet here running the story.

Why is it the only news outlet running the story?

Are you upset the newspaper is reporting that a top democrats staffer has been arrested for being involved in a small group who turned up at a riot dressed in riot gear carrying atleast one knife and one dagger and throwing firebombs projectiles and mortars.

Do you think they should not report that this person was arrested or one person was hospitalized with burns?

When do you think the riots should stop?

What would you rather decided who gets to run the free world, democracy or riots?

Why is it the only news outlet running the story?

Are you upset the newspaper is reporting that a top democrats staffer has been arrested for being involved in a small group who turned up at a riot dressed in riot gear carrying atleast one knife and one dagger and throwing firebombs projectiles and mortars.

Do you think they should not report that this person was arrested or one person was hospitalized with burns?

When do you think the riots should stop?

What would you rather decided who gets to run the free world, democracy or riots?

I'm not upset at all - I am calling bullsh!t on your fake concern and laughing at the childish attempt to get a rise. Won't work with me - I find it funny :D:D

I ask again, what specifically has made you sad about this story? What was tugging at your heartstrings?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

So you are saying he was right to keep it quiet and to allow thousands of people die because they listened to him when he said it wasn't that bad and that it would disappear?

Am I?

I didn't mention the topic at all. You jumped in looking for argument. Iv no interest. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He didn't keep quiet, his comments are deliberately being taken out of context. Playing something down is not "keeping quiet" and it also doesn't mean that all efforts possible were not being taken to mitigate the spread of the virus. Fauci is on record as saying (in March) that Trump did everything requested of him. This accusation of yours that he allowed thousands to die is absurd.

Obama also tried not to panic the nation by the way when he said Swine Flu was nothing to be alarmed about.

I ask again, what specifically has made you sad about this story? What was tugging at your heartstrings?

Kids getting criminal records. People getting burned. Police getting dragged away from real crime to deal with this. Businesses being built fir generations and ruined over night.

Whats the real reason?

To get an old white man who wears a blue ribbon into the white house so he can start wars to LIBERATE people.

ye are wasting your time. Outlaw and machina

He believes he is always right and everyone is wrong.

you cannot make a simple statement about boring biden or the democrats, and he replies speaking of trump.
    There is a clear bias and agenda where things like truth , logic, facts are ignored, and this belief id you repeat something long enough he might even convince himself he is right.

He completely misunderstood your posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Get the excuses in now, Russia is threatening to hurt the democrats;

https://www.ft.com/content/29476d87-0eab-4d2b-b3a6-58e3536807ef#comments-anchor
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/microsoft-election-hacking-report/index.html
    https://www.thejournal.ie/hacking-presidential-election-5201587-Sep2020/

"Russians favour President Donald Trump and the Chinese prefer former vice president Joe Biden, the Democratic challenger.

But China is largely an espionage threat, while Russia steals data and weaponises it."

China good, Russia bad.

He didn't keep quiet, his comments are deliberately being taken out of context. Playing something down is not "keeping quiet" and it also doesn't mean that all efforts possible were not being taken to mitigate the spread of the virus. Fauci is on record as saying (in March) that Trump did everything requested of him. This accusation of yours that he allowed thousands to die is absurd.

Obama also tried not to panic the nation by the way when he said Swine Flu was nothing to be alarmed about.

Obama didn't end up with a pandemic that resulted in 200k dead... Trump was downplaying it as the country started to lockdown, he continued to downplay it while pushing for states to reopen. He also happily flouted safety guidelines for his rallies..

If Fauci said a word that was negative about Trump, he ran the risk of being fired. Fauci put the lives of the people first, never seen any indication that Trump gave a crap about public safety. Sure he wouldn't have had rallies in the midst of a pandemic if he did

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Obama didn't end up with a pandemic that resulted in 200k dead..

That's not the point. The point is that leaders must try and not panic the public.
    Trump was downplaying it as the country started to lockdown

And so he should have, and the country went into lockdown initially because of him. Trump's actions saved lives.
    he continued to downplay it while pushing for states to reopen.

Yes, States that weren't badly affected and again that has been shown to be the thing to do. There are plenty now saying that keeping New York open would have meant less deaths given how crammed in they are. Cuomo likely made some errors re nursing homes but I wouldn't blame him as I'm sure he did what he felt was right.
    He also happily flouted safety guidelines for his rallies..

But yet not a peep out of you at those who did so at protests. Telling.
    If Fauci said a word that was negative about Trump, he ran the risk of being fired.

Ah, so Fauci lied that Trump did everything asked of him as he feared losing his job. And what of all the other members of the Coronavirus taskforce (which was set up when democrats were focused on impeachment and ripping up SOTU addresses in which Trump spoke about the Coronavirus) what of them? You think they would all sit back and let Fauci lie that Trump was doing all he asked? They afraid of losing their jobs too?
    Fauci put the lives of the people first, never seen any indication that Trump gave a crap about public safety.

But Fauci is on record as saying Trump did everything he asked and therefore if Trump was doing all he asked, then he too was doing all he could for the public's safety. Also, lockdown causes deaths too you know. You can't lockdown a country forever and many scientists think it was locked down too long. You're just blaming Trump as it suits you to politically. Had Obama taken the same steps had he been POTUS you'd be saying he was doing a stellar job under great pressure. It's a pity you can't see that's true of Trump.
    Sure he wouldn't have had rallies in the midst of a pandemic if he did

Are you saying that BLM endangered the public's health by protesting in the midst of a pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Featured-Image-Templates24.png?resize=865,452

USA Ebola deaths: 2
    USA Covid deaths: 200,000

If Corona was a good thing anti Trup people would say he inherited it from Obama.

After Ebola what measures did Obama put in place to ensure america was safe from a global pandemic? Did he buy in any facemasks to have ready for such instance?

Nope.

• Advertisement

the corona would have infected america regardless of who was in charge.

Next we will be told all the obese and sick people who died were obese and sick because of trump

whoever was in power was going to be blasted, if hilary was in,. she would be blasted by the rublicans and the democrats instead of blaming trump now, would be defending hilary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement