Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ...and yes, people clearly do vote for those that work against their best interests
    Highly subjective and entirely unproven.
    Would Joe's proposed tax rises be in everyones interest?

According to the Tax Foundation General Equilibrium Model, Biden’s tax plan would reduce the economy’s size by 1.51 percent in the long run. The plan would shrink the capital stock by 3.23 percent and reduce the overall wage rate by 0.98 percent, leading to 585,000 fewer full-time equivalent jobs.

The corp tax rise to 28% would be the nail on the head for many struggling (and often burning/looted) small businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

kenmm wrote: »
    I wouldn't deem him fit to be in charge of my country

I wouldn't leave Trump minding the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Highly subjective and entirely unproven.
    Would Joe's proposed tax rises be in everyones interest?

According to the Tax Foundation General Equilibrium Model, Biden’s tax plan would reduce the economy’s size by 1.51 percent in the long run. The plan would shrink the capital stock by 3.23 percent and reduce the overall wage rate by 0.98 percent, leading to 585,000 fewer full-time equivalent jobs.

The corp tax rise to 28% would be the nail on the head for many struggling (and often burning/looted) small businesses.

sounds rather neoclassical! i.e. ignore it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

deaths.png

That graph illustrates why comparing US deaths per million with Sweden isn't a great idea. Sweden's graph is quite flat compared to the US's. That means that their deaths-per-million isn't going to change much. The US on the other hand is still adding to its deaths per million.

The other countries that are performing similarly to the US are India, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Russia and Mexico. I'm sure that these are fine countries but they but they're not the sorts of countries that you want to be comparing these sorts of statistics with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    people clearly do vote for those that work against their best interests

Who would that be though?

You often seen say the Guardian people saying that it was false Consciousness, that snootiest concept, or people voting against their interests that saw Labour lose.

It was damage limitation.

There are a lot of activists on the left now who have decided what is in people's best interests and are very ****ty about it when the people don't fall in to line

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Who would that be though?

You often seen say the Guardian people saying that it was false Consciousness, that snootiest concept, or people voting against their interests that saw Labour lose.

It was damage limitation.

There are a lot of activists on the left now who have decided what is in people's best interests and are very ****ty about it when the people don't fall in to line

we probably all do to some degree or another, none of us have all the information when making voting choices, candidates could also be simply lying, which isnt always possible to know, if these individuals are elected, they could simply change their views, possibly by force. theres a lot of effectively anti-democratic behavior occurring in both the left and right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Maybe an angry dog with behavioural issues that liked to bike randomly

(..but even then Id rather see the dog get some help and not subject to further abuse..)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ah come on, sure Trump's great with dogs ..

Tdog.png

Even gives them medals:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1189601417469841409

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Or the pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Seems the FBI guys in charge of harrassing the president deleted all their phones and records relating to it once the investigation started to see if they were biased and acting to oust the presidentwith this russia nonsence story.

15 phones wiped, Mueller, his assistant, his FBI lawyer lover who was caught exchanging anti Trump texts with another agent, all wiped.

The investigation found however that these bumbling idiots did so by accident. Purely innocently. 15 phones, Trained FBI agents, chosen for their skills and abilities managed to accidently delete 15 different phones permanantly by accident while being examined for anti Trump bias.

But the bold man has funny hair.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Seems the FBI guys in charge of harrassing the president deleted all their phones and records relating to it once the investigation started to see if they were biased and acting to oust the presidentwith this russia nonsence story.

15 phones wiped, Mueller, his assistant, his FBI lawyer lover who was caught exchanging anti Trump texts with another agent, all wiped.

The investigation found however that these bumbling idiots did so by accident. Purely innocently. 15 phones, Trained FBI agents, chosen for their skills and abilities managed to accidently delete 15 different phones permanantly by accident while being examined for anti Trump bias.

curious to see if your post will be ignored and they go silent

or will it be classic deflection tactics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Its the Deep State full of Midwits*

*( Bright enough to acquire knowledge and hold opinions, but not bright enough to solve problems. Inflated sense of intellectual capabilities. )

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Very simple actually. If it's a crime to wipe the phones they should be prosecuted. And I'm a lefty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

This is only going to embolden Trump supporters and maybe push a few undecided voters or people that were on the fence to vote for Trump because if this is what their capable of when they don't have the backing of the president, just imagine what they'd get up to if they did have the backing of the president!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Guess nobody should vote for any of these guys on November 3rd so.

Also, given the list of people, American and Russian who have been tried, convicted, admitted to various acts of engagement towards collusion with Russia prior to the last election, are you suggesting that it shouldn't have been investigated?

RuassiaProbe-KeyPlayers-W-1020x1330.jpg

ollkiller wrote: »
    Very simple actually. If it's a crime to wipe the phones they should be prosecuted. And I'm a lefty.

I agree,

I dont like Trump either, but there is a clear agenda on here with the anti trump faction who in their hatred contradict themselves, deflect, ignore the things they cannot spin or debate.

They whine and complain non stop about Trump, but cannot grasp that if their beloved democrat party were any better, they might actually have had a candidate worth voting for.
    Part of the reason Trump is in power is the absolute failure of the democrat party and the muppets they put forward.

Is it trumps fault hilary was detestable ?
    Is it Trumps fault Biden has as much charm and charisma as a bucket of warm piss ?

If people are going to complain about Trump, they should be asking why people voted for him.
    Why Trump is still in with a decent shout of being re elected....that is the real issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

On a practical note if these fires continue many thousands of people could be unable to cast thier vote due to lack of reliable ID or even a place to vote!

I agree,

I dont like Trump either, but there is a clear agenda on here with the anti trump faction who in their hatred contradict themselves, deflect, ignore the things they cannot spin or debate.

They whine and complain non stop about Trump, but cannot grasp that if their beloved democrat party were any better, they might actually have had a candidate worth voting for.

Part of the reason Trump is in power is the absolute failure of the democrat party and the muppets they put forward.

Is it trumps fault hilary was detestable ?
    Is it Trumps fault Biden has as much charm and charisma as a bucket of warm piss ?

If people are going to complain about Trump, they should be asking why people voted for him.
    Why Trump is still in with a decent shout of being re elected....that is the real issue.

Read the thread title.
    The participants are selected.
    This is about Trump v Biden. Full Stop.

You guys are motivated more by what you hate (Anything left leaning) than what you like, or think would do a good job and you laughably then refer to things being anti-trump.
    You can't even argue for him given how monumental a fcuk up he has been and so are still harping on about Hillary 4 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Read the thread title.

You guys are motivated more by what you hate (Anything left leaning) than what you like, or think would do a good job and you laughably then refer to things being anti-trump.
    You can't even argue for him given how monumental a fcuk up he has been and so are still harping on about Hillary 4 years later.

He is raising a valid point though if Trump is so bad then how does he even have a chance of getting 4 more years?

Biden should be wiping the floor with him if he is as terrible as some posters claim that he is yet, he is not running away with it at all and Trump still has a decent chance of getting reelected.

It shows how terrible of a candidate Biden really is, if they put forward a decent candidate then the election would be a slam dunk for the Democrats but it clearly is not, and they only have themselves to blame for that.

As for the mentioning Hillary it's a fair comparison because people seem to dislike Biden much in the same way that they disliked Hillary but not to the same extent as in the previous election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Seems the top businesses in new york have sent a letter to democrat mayor DI Blasio asking him to sort out the chaos that has begun because of his lefty ideas like putting all the homeless in expensive hotels in the upper west side. This has led to all the lefties moving out once they realised the cute homeless people on tv werent the same as the homeless people they got.
    Parents scared for their childrens safety, public defecation, open drug use. U haul vans booked out months in advance because all the liberals have now decided to run out of the upper west side of new york.

The letter was signed by 160 new york businesses including Macys, Goldman Sachs and Lyft all concerned that New York will be the city that went asleep.

Entire apartment blocks are left empty.

• Advertisement

Read the thread title.

Tell me , if it was so obvious Trump was a **** up to anyone with a modicum of common sense, then why did so many vote for him ?

Tell me why did the democrat party have a challenger in hilary, that so was unlikable the yanks would have Trump over her ?

Tell me why if everyone knows for certain how bad Trump is, how come Biden is not running away with this in the polls ?

Surely if the guy is as bad as you and others say, this would be a no contest.

The thread is case you had difficulty reading is entitled who thinks Trump will win, I am saying he has every chance, due to factors like the democrats running a boring old fart as the main challenger. You obviously chose to ignore most of what I wrote as it got in the way of your rant.

I cannot stand Trump either, but if he wins, what will the excuses be then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Or maybe even classic **** stirring..

Now what's this article about? Post something for us to read if it's interesting.
    Additionally, you seem to think that if you are against one aspect of Trump you are against everything about him AND for everything against him.

It doesn't work that way. If the FBI f'd up then they f'd up. Doesn't mean Trump is awesome.

Tell me , if it was so obvious Trump was a **** up to anyone with a modicum of common sense, then why did so many vote for him ?
    Probably because some believed his BS of 'Lock her Up', 'Build the wall' and 'Drain the Swamp'
    There was probably also some who expected Hillary would win but didn't want to support her.
    Also, as you know, or should know, 3M more people voted for Hillary than Trump.
    Tell me why did the democrat party have a challenger in hilary, that so was unlikable the yanks would have Trump over her ?
    Hillary lost. Get over it. That was 4 years ago. The only people trying to bring it up now are those who don't want the conversation to be about how bad Trump is.
    Tell me why if everyone knows for certain how bad Trump is, how come Biden is not running away with this in the polls ?

Surely if the guy is as bad as you and others say, this would be a no contest.

Two things. Firstly, because Politics in the US is currently very much like supporters of soccer clubs are in the UK. 40% of people vote Republican, and will not change. 40% of people vote Democrat, and will not change. Could you imagine Utd and Liverpool fans switching their support from their club to the other? The contest is over the remaining 20% (some of who are libertarian and will probably not vote for either) and the small few who do shift.

Secondly, even allowing for the above, Biden still is well ahead 8 points ahead.
    The thread is case you had difficulty reading is entitled who thinks Trump will win, I am saying he has every chance, due to factors like the democrats running a boring old fart as the main challenger. You obviously chose to ignore most of what I wrote as it got in the way of your rant.

What you are saying, is nonsense. You can dress it up any way you want, but all it is doing is trying to deflect.
    I cannot stand Trump either, but if he wins, what will the excuses be then ?

Lets stop with the whataboutery until we see what the outcome is.
    All of the following are likely to be significant factors before the result is known.
    Performances in Debates.
    Status of Covid immediately prior to election.
    Intense micro-targeting Facebook ads.
    Emergence of previous acts (calling troops losers, downplaying Covid etc).
    BLM Protests status.
    Access to polls on day of election.
    Performance of USPS in delivering postal votes.
    Disputed votes.
    Legal Challenges to tallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Trump is going to win this fairly comfortably in the end. The Democrats have gone into full insanity mode altogether encouraging marxist movements like BLM rubbish to destabilise the country and now most normal joe soaps see through it. No matter what rubbish the Democrats put up against Trump over the 4 years it has all backfired against them. In any case, Biden is a poor candidate who is a career politician like Hillary Clinton, who has achieved nothing much over his long political career and he ain't going to start now. He is seemingly in the early stages of dementia anyway. The TV debates with Trump will finish him off in any case because Trump will wipe the floor with him.

Trump is going to win this fairly comfortably in the end. The Democrats have gone into full insanity mode altogether encouraging marxist movements like BLM rubbish to destabilise the country and now most normal joe soaps through it. No matter what rubbish the Democrats put up against Trump over the 4 years it has all backfired against them. In any case, Biden is a poor candidate who is a career politician like Hillary Clinton who has achieved nothing much over his long political career. He is seemingly in the early stages of dementia anyway. The TV debates with Trump will finish him off anyway because Trump will wipe the floor with him.

Biden should just ask him what he will do in a second term.

EbZ72SAWkAEIjs8.jpg

Trump is going to win this fairly comfortably in the end. The Democrats have gone into full insanity mode altogether encouraging marxist movements like BLM rubbish to destabilise the country and now most normal joe soaps see through it. No matter what rubbish the Democrats put up against Trump over the 4 years it has all backfired against them. In any case, Biden is a poor candidate who is a career politician like Hillary Clinton, who has achieved nothing much over his long political career and he ain't going to start now. He is seemingly in the early stages of dementia anyway. The TV debates with Trump will finish him off in any case because Trump will wipe the floor with him.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

kenmm wrote: »
    Doesn't mean Trump is awesome.

Who has claimed this ?

This is the classic deflection I was referring to. Making up false claims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Hannity

Reads to me like Trump was having an informal chat with a trusted colleague.

Someone with whom he could let his guard down and be himself.

Anyway- even if people are offended by NY colloquialisms ...its actions that count. The only game lefties have is moving goalposts, deflecting truth, redefining words, presenting things out of context ...etc etc.

Taking a high level view, their attittude appears bitter, resentful and malodorous .

Who has claimed this ?

This is the classic deflection I was referring to. Making up false claims

What do you think this is?

• Advertisement

where did he say Trump was awesome.

please highlight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement