Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Biker79 wrote: »
    Reads to me like Trump was having an informal chat with a trusted colleague.

Someone with whom he could let his guard down and be himself.

Anyway- even if people are offended by NY colloquialisms ...its actions that count. The only game lefties have is moving goalposts, deflecting truth, redefining words, presenting things out of context ...etc etc.

Taking a high level view, their attittude appears bitter, resentful and malodorous .

How could a televised interview be described as an informal chat? I mean, that's so daft you deserve points for saying it.

Stating that Dead Soldiers are Losers
    Downplaying the Covid-19 Pandemic

What context do you want to discuss these actions in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

kenmm wrote: »

It doesn't work that way. If the FBI f'd up then they f'd up. Doesn't mean Trump is awesome.

What crazy logic is this?

I thought that wiped phones strongly implied that Trump wasn't pursuing a Moscow property deal during the election, that his campaign managers weren't working with Russians, that they never met with Veselnetskaya, that all those Russian contacts that they lied about never happened and that firing Comey for the Rusher thing which kicked off the whole SCI never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

where did he say Trump was awesome.

please highlight

Ok, if you want to go the literal road, that is absolutely fine.
    Please provide evidence of the following.
    democrats running a boring old fart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

What crazy logic is this?

I thought that wiped phones strongly implied that Trump wasn't pursuing a Moscow property deal during the election, that his campaign managers weren't working with Russians, that they never met with Veselnetskaya, that all those Russian contacts that they lied about never happened and that firing Comey for the Rusher thing which kicked off the whole SCI never happened.

I'm lost, I don't know why the phones were wiped. I don't know who is fighting for what and I've lost all notion of any sense in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

I agree,

I dont like Trump either, but there is a clear agenda on here with the anti trump faction who in their hatred contradict themselves, deflect, ignore the things they cannot spin or debate.

They whine and complain non stop about Trump, but cannot grasp that if their beloved democrat party were any better, they might actually have had a candidate worth voting for.
    Part of the reason Trump is in power is the absolute failure of the democrat party and the muppets they put forward.

Is it trumps fault hilary was detestable ?
    Is it Trumps fault Biden has as much charm and charisma as a bucket of warm piss ?

If people are going to complain about Trump, they should be asking why people voted for him.
    Why Trump is still in with a decent shout of being re elected....that is the real issue.

The Democrats have shot themselves in the foot by putting forward Biden as a candidate. They needed to make a break from the Obama years and have failed spectacularly in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Biden should just ask him what he will do in a second term.

EbZ72SAWkAEIjs8.jpg

Most peaceful president of living memory doesnt want to drop bombs on people.

Thats why they are starting to call him uncle Trump in the middle east. More and more leaders there are willing to come to the table and break some bread.

Who has claimed this ?

This is the classic deflection I was referring to. Making up false claims

False claims, yeah ok..

It's not classic deflection. I said if there was wrong doing then it should be condemned. You used the word 'they' to start something. That is more like deflection.

This thread is more like some sort of parody.

Happy weekend folks, time to step away from the internet!

Thats why they are starting to call him uncle Trump in the middle east. More and more leaders there are willing to come to the table and break some bread.

If you keep saying it, and close your eyes and wish really really super hard with all your fingers crossed then it might just come true!

Don't forget to sprinkle the super awesome magic fairy dust!!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Where are they calling him uncle Trump? Gaza, West Bank, Yemen?

Seems the FBI guys in charge of harrassing the president deleted all their phones and records relating to it once the investigation started to see if they were biased and acting to oust the presidentwith this russia nonsence story.

15 phones wiped, Mueller, his assistant, his FBI lawyer lover who was caught exchanging anti Trump texts with another agent, all wiped.

The investigation found however that these bumbling idiots did so by accident. Purely innocently. 15 phones, Trained FBI agents, chosen for their skills and abilities managed to accidently delete 15 different phones permanantly by accident while being examined for anti Trump bias.

But the bold man has funny hair.

Any links?

I don't doubt that phones got wiped but I don't know what the outrage is supposed to be. I googled it and the most respectable publication I could find was the Daily Mail and even then, there wasn't enough information to determine if there was illegality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

He is raising a valid point though if Trump is so bad then how does he even have a chance of getting 4 more years?
    Tell me , if it was so obvious Trump was a **** up to anyone with a modicum of common sense, then why did so many vote for him ?

How can you be expected to be taken seriously with questions like these?

In a country where the choice is Team A and Team B, you'd get large swathes of people who'll vote for whoever is "their" team's nominee. They'd vote for a turkey sandwich, if they were told to.

Republicans were calling Trump a joke before he emerged as the front runner and then they changed their tune and he became "their" guy.

The whole country has the political nouse of a 4 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Well the Bahrain/ Israel agreement will probably give him a small boost. Together with troop draw downs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Ok, if you want to go the literal road, that is absolutely fine.
    Please provide evidence of the following.

I will make this easy for you.

There are 2 different things, one is called opinion, and the other is fact.

I said Biden is boring, people themselves decide what is boring or not boring to them. If you think he is not boring, that is your opinion.

See where I am going with this. ?

However you stated specifically as if it were FACT that the poster posted" trump is awesome", which he did not. This is called a fact, something that can be verified, you posted a lie.

Hope you can grasp this.

I will make this easy for you.

There are 2 different things, one is called opinion, and the other is fact.

I said Biden is boring, people themselves decide what is boring or not boring to them. If you think he is not boring, that is your opinion.

See where I am going with this. ?

However you stated specifically as if it were FACT that the poster posted" trump is awesome", which he did not. This is called a fact, something that can be verified, you posted a lie.

Hope you can grasp this.

This is moronic. That is my opinion, it may also be a fact.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Completely on Trump, he dismantled Obamas pandemic preparedness systems.

Instead of using WHO approved ppe Trump got us companies to supply it and most was found to be un-usable which set them back months.

Yes, but there is also some perspective to be put out here as well, as Trump was not the only person to be reducing pandemic preparedness systems. You won't see it as much in the national news or political debate, but local news sources are asking questions like "Why aren't we more prepared" of their local agencies as well.
    For example.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/As-infectious-diseases-rose-in-state-public-15133263.php
    Even before coronavirus, infectious disease was on rise in California — but spending got cut.

California’s fight against the coronavirus comes amid long-term budget cuts that public health officials fear will slow efforts to combat the pandemic.

Even as cases of infectious disease have risen, per-capita spending has dropped 18% since 2008 at the California Department of Public Health, one of the lead agencies responding to the COVID-19 crisis, a Chronicle analysis of expenditures reveals. Two state programs designed to fight outbreaks and respond to emergencies have also experienced a decline in spending.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-27/coronavirus-california-mobile-hospitals-ventilators

California once had mobile hospitals and a ventilator stockpile. But it dismantled them

They were ready to roll whenever disaster struck California: three 200-bed mobile hospitals that could be deployed to the scene of a crisis on flatbed trucks and provide advanced medical care to the injured and sick within 72 hours.

Each hospital would be the size of a football field, with a surgery ward, intensive care unit and X-ray equipment. Medical response teams would also have access to a massive stockpile of emergency supplies: 50 million N95 respirators, 2,400 portable ventilators and kits to set up 21,000 additional patient beds wherever they were needed.

https://www.desertsun.com/in-depth/news/nation/california/2020/04/11/coronavirus-why-wasnt-california-more-prepared/2958243001/

Most of the supplies were donated to local entities, but without the funding needed for upkeep. By the time COVID-19 reached California this year, the state had only 21 million N95 masks left in its stockpile— and all of them were expired.

Remember, in the US system, the front line is the State, even in emergencies. The Feds are only supposed to step in in case of emergency when State-level assets become overwhelmed. Remember also, each State has its own full government, administration, health department, etc. To a large extent, blaming Trump for the pandemic levels in California or New York is akin to blaming Brussels for the pandemic levels in Italy or Sweden. He may not have helped at all, or made matters worse, but the first place to point to is the State, yet people are so focused on Trump that they are forgetting to spread the blame to all the places it needs to be placed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

How could a televised interview be described as an informal chat? I mean, that's so daft you deserve points for saying it.

Stating that Dead Soldiers are Losers
    Downplaying the Covid-19 Pandemic

What context do you want to discuss these actions in?

You think that by asking daft questions you present yourself as intellectually curious...but you're not fooling anyone. It is the habit of an aspiring midwit - sucking up all the information he can, but still remarkably unable to make sense of any of it.

All of your posts on this topic have been bitter, cantankerous, uninformed, wilfully myopic, and full of the rancorous contempt you would expect from a someone who just bought a ticket for a sinking ship. Just like HRC before she launched into her ' deplorables ' tirade.

The world is moving on. The era of the Midwit will soon pass....and good riddance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Another reason the news networks despise him. No war coverage, no ISIS, no terrorist attacks in the US. He's not good for ratings.

Ready to welcome the new era - of the fu(kwit!

Another reason the news networks despise him. No war coverage, no ISIS, no terrorist attacks in the US. He's not good for ratings.

In which case they can always present him as a racist/ fascist/ misogynist etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So the USA is not at war with other countries?
    Interesting.

• Advertisement

In which case they can always present him as a racist/ fascist/ misogynist etc etc.

If it quacks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Ready to welcome the new era - of the fu(kwit!

That’s harsh on Biden.

You know, 4 years ago there were remarks made about Trump and President Comacho from Mike Judge's excellent ' Idiocracy ' , mainly due to his reality tv profile.

Fast forward a few years and all along it was the lefties threatening to deplete the nations average IQ, while Trump pulled up his socks and did a great job.

Funny the way things work out.

That’s harsh on Biden.

:D

But wait - are you now thinking he will win :D:D

You know, 4 years ago there were remarks made about Trump and President Comacho from Mike Judge's excellent ' Idiocracy ' , mainly due to his reality tv profile.

Fast forward a few years and all along it was the lefties threatening to deplete the nations average IQ, while Trump pulled up his socks and did a great job.

Nothing funny about it really.

By the way - is that a white stain on your chin?

:D

But wait - are you now thinking he will win :D:D

No, you mentioned a ‘new era’. 4 more years for Trump is not a ‘new era’. So you must have meant Biden.

No, you mentioned a ‘new era’. 4 more years for Trump is not a ‘new era’. So you must have meant Biden.

No - I meant the general decline around here and the amount of fu(kbaggery that passes for debate. Your buddy mentioned era - I was quoting it.

Biden hasn't a chance - everyone knows it.

No - I meant the general decline around here and the amount of fu(kbaggery that passes for debate. Your buddy mentioned era - I was quoting it.

You are certainly contributing positively to the level of ‘debate’.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Apart from all those people who say they will vote for him, ya know, the voters in America, The ones who count.

• Advertisement

QAnon isn't really a lefty phenomenon and these are one of the US's dumbest demographics. They make the 5G Gemmaroids look positively sophisticated. That's how dumb they are.

Guess who they are voting for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement