Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

You are certainly contributing positively to the level of ‘debate’.

true - I gave up a few pages ago - I am now treating this thread with the absolute contempt it deserves. Its a lot of absolute delusional shyte and I really hope its not indicative of what real people think (but I fear it is).

On the plus side, It also means I get to laugh at my own jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Apart from all those people who say they will vote for him, ya know, the voters in America, The ones who count.

yeah - I hope you are right - Biden is far from the best candidate the Democrats could have offered but its an alternative alright. But my feeling is Trumps team know how very well to play this game.

The media campaign is pretty solid over there, and fear does trade well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

kenmm wrote: »
    Nothing funny about it really.

By the way - is that a white stain on your chin?

This is an honest question. Is the liberal asking the guy who thinks trump will win if he has jizz on his chin because he is slagging the fact that he may be a man who likes other men?

Is this really happening.

Be Liberal or you are a gay because you support a homophobe?

Is this peak election time?

For the record I dont think Donald Trump has any problem with gay people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

No - I meant the general decline around here and the amount of fu(kbaggery that passes for debate. Your buddy mentioned era - I was quoting it.

Biden hasn't a chance - everyone knows it.

Biden was doing okay up until the Democrats rowed in behind BLM and Antifa criminals. They've lost middle America now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Biden was doing okay up until the Democrats rowed in behind BLM and Antifa criminals. They've lost middle America now.

I actually believe that it is because the Democrats have lost their vice like grip on the black vote (as a consequence of a number of effective policies that have had a huge positive effect on the black community over the last 3 years) that they have completely over played their hand with the BLM movement...in a kind of act of desperation.

IF I am right, and it is just my opinion, I don't follow the polling, the Democrats are doomed....not just for 4 years either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

I actually believe that it is because the Democrats have lost their vice like grip on the black vote (as a consequence of a number of effective policies that have had a huge positive effect on the black community over the last 3 years) that they have completely over played their hand with the BLM movement...in a kind of act of desperation.

IF I am right, and it is just my opinion, I don't follow the polling, the Democrats are doomed....not just for 4 years either.

I'd agree with this as more and more black people are no longer seeing themselves as the victims of a society/system that oppresses them as this is one of the ways that the Democrats gets the black vote by convincing black people that they are oppressed and only the Democrats can save them from this oppression.

Biden went up in polls after Kenosha... He also polls better on law and order... Why would anyone trust a President who has used the office to get his friends out of office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

yeah - I hope you are right - Biden is far from the best candidate the Democrats could have offered but its an alternative alright. But my feeling is Trumps team know how very well to play this game.

They know how to speak to their own crowd, that's for sure. But they haven't really manage to expand it much. They've successfully brought the preppers, gun nuts, racists, conspiracy theorists and Meatloaf on board but they still haven't expanded much.

The media campaign is pretty solid over there, and fear does trade well.

True but threatening suburban housewives with Corey Booker was ill-advised. I get what he was trying to do but when you want to scare white women with a black guy, you need to do better than Corey Booker. He should have gone with Bill Cosby or that black science guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Biden went up in polls after Kenosha... He also polls better on law and order... Why would anyone trust a President who has used the office to get his friends out of office.

You can see why I don't believe in the worthiness of interpreting polls...

Kamala Harris was actively fund raising bail money to get violent rioters/looters out of jail...the woman should be ashamed of herself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He went into the ditch with his 'Then you ain't black' comment as Charlamagne / The Breakfast Club are damn influential.

Coincidentally, it was with those same folks that Hillary had the audacity to, in response to the question 'What's something you always take with you' , give her gold star pandering answer of Hot Sauce.

These people have no shame.

• Advertisement

Fluid gender fluids?

I was thinking more along the lines of Jez and Superhans bad thing situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Lefties do have a thing for degeneracy...whats all that about? Hollywood, Weinstein/ metoo...Epstein, Clinton...that very weird thing going on with Netflix at the moment....the qAnon folks were on to something, no doubt.

Trump has done great work on stopping people trafficking, which has largely gone unreported, exactly as you might expect.

They prefer to focus on his manner of speech/ hair/ etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Biker79 wrote: »
    Lefties do have a thing for degeneracy...whats all that about? Hollywood, Weinstein/ metoo...Epstein, Clinton...that very weird thing going on with Netflix at the moment....the qAnon folks were on to something, no doubt.

Trump has done great work on stopping people trafficking, which has largely gone unreported, exactly as you might expect.

They prefer to focus on his manner of speech/ hair/ etc.

Iv seen posts on various forums that focused solely on how he drank from a water bottle. Pages of posts.

the qAnon folks were on to something, no doubt.

You should look into it a bit more and then get back to us. A week or so ago, I said that it was only a matter of time before people here start defending QAnon. You're starting to crack.

Like I said, QAnon is for the hard of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Another reason the news networks despise him. No war coverage, no ISIS, no terrorist attacks in the US. He's not good for ratings.

Yet the networks have regularly posted record breaking ratings. You appear to be speaking from a baseless position.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You know, 4 years ago there were remarks made about Trump and President Comacho from Mike Judge's excellent ' Idiocracy ' , mainly due to his reality tv profile.

Fast forward a few years and all along it was the lefties threatening to deplete the nations average IQ, while Trump pulled up his socks and did a great job.

Funny the way things work out.

It’s not technically possible to “deplete the nations average IQ.” By definition the average IQ of a population set is always 100.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Anyone that hates Trump must also hate the whole process of how Trump got elected surely ?

Otherwise those complaining only look like vindictive spiteful haters because Trump was successful and their democrat candidates useless.

You simply cannot call Trump a fool and idiot, and not think the process then that put him there in the first place is fu(ked. cos if the people who voted for Trump are morons, would they not be the same people the democrats are hoping will vote for Biden.

If Trump wins, the people are idiots
    If Biden win they wont call the same people idiots, cos they got the result they wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »
    It’s not technically possible to “deplete the nations average IQ.” By definition the average IQ of a population set is always 100.

I don't think anyone meant literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

And yet they love to lecture the rest of us on morality.

• Advertisement

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    And yet they love to lecture the rest of us on morality.

Are you going full QAnon? Don't go full QAnon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Obama gets a Nobel for diddly zip and it's the greatest thing ever.

Trump gets nominated for one for his role in attempting to bring peace to the Middle East and the prize must be abolished.

Dttalan.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

I enjoy listening to Victor Davis Hanson so I thought I'd share this. He gives his assessment of the US presidential election to date and discusses how the DNC want to made this a referendum about Trump while avoiding discussion about their very radical agenda and how the winds are shifting between candidates.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump gets nominated for one for his role in attempting to bring peace to the Middle East and the prize must be abolished.

I'm not sure I would call it 'diddly zip'. It's no secret that black people in the U.S. have gone through some crap, historically, what with the chattel slavery and then the Jim Crow laws that followed that, and the hangover of that has been lasting. So the idea that a man of African-American background could get enough of the country behind him to rise to the top office looked, at the time, to be a real watershed moment in the race relations of that country and dropping that baggage, where it had seemed hopelessly divided at various points in its history.

And in fairness to Trump, if he really can bring lasting peace to the Middle East, that's certainly Nobel Peace prize material, also, regardless of whether one disagrees with his handling of certain domestic affairs.

You're old enough to know that a lot of people were scratching their heads about that one. The consensus was that he wasn't Bush and black.

Not may thought that it was the best thing ever. You should get those imaginary people out of your head,

briany wrote: »

And in fairness to Trump, if he really can bring lasting peace to the Middle East, that's certainly Nobel Peace prize material, also, regardless of whether one disagrees with his handling of certain domestic affairs.

UAE and Bahrain flying over the Arab peninsula through three countries to bomb Tel Aviv wasn't likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

UAE and Bahrain flying over the Arab peninsula through three countries to bomb Tel Aviv wasn't likely.

Trump was nominated for a second Nobel Peace Prize this week for his work with Kosovo and Serbia.
    What ever you think about him the world seems to be a safer place bar the china virus..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Trump was nominated for a second Nobel Peace Prize this week for his work with Kosovo and Serbia.
    What ever you think about him the world seems to be a safer place bar the china virus..

He gets no thanks but history will look back on him fondly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

He gets no thanks but history will look back on him fondly.

Haha

• Advertisement

When did he win the first one?

Anyway, an emboldened Saudi Arabia, North Korea and Russia are not what the world needs right now. They are punching above their weight only because Trump likes their leaders. He even bragged about letting that towel-headed cnut get away with killing a journalist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement