Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Each state governs itself unless its a democrat state that is dealing terribly with a pandemic, homelessness, law and order, Suffering mass emigration to other states and Mass business closures. Then they just stand back and blame Trump.

Last time I checked.
    The coronavirus is tearing through California, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Texas and Florida.
    Where does that fit in your theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The constitution stated:

The 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, included in the original Bill of Rights, states that “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” As University of Texas law professor Bobby Chesney has recently reminded us, the states are independent entities within our system of federalism, not mere subordinate jurisdictions of the national government. In areas reserved to the states, he says, the federal government “cannot coerce the states into taking actions to suit federal policy preference.”

Keep spamming the thread, as the great Harry Trueman said, The buck stops here" right at the president’s desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Haha going back to doctoring quotes and mis using them. Call names. Blame everybody else. Edit arrest and death videos. Riot. Start doctoring quotes.

The circle goes round and round, the painted ponies go up and down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Keep spamming the thread, as the great Harry Trueman said, The buck stops here" right at the president’s desk.

I don't think you understand.

The law and constitution matter. Opinion does not

Who's in charge of the USA?
    The president.
    The 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, included in the original Bill of Rights, states that “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” As University of Texas law professor Bobby Chesney has recently reminded us, the states are independent entities within our system of federalism, not mere subordinate jurisdictions of the national government. In areas reserved to the states, he says, the federal government “cannot coerce the states into taking actions to suit federal policy preference.”

You are welcome

I'm agreeing with you.
    Trump is in charge.

• Advertisement

Are you familiar with the 10 th amendment of the us constitution?

Here you go:

You're welcome

He actively threatened to withdraw federal funding from states if they didn't lift their lockdowns. He also did not follow existing pandemic protocols. He's made an absolute mess of the pandemic. There's a reason why they're one of the worst hit countries...

So Trump is only responsible for the good things? He can select which things he wants to be responsible for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Trump stated many things tho.. it's hard to quote someone who just shoots from the hip and says different things in different days. I doubt he believes even 10percent of what he puts out there.

I feel sorry for the ones that lap it up. A lot of them it's all or nothing, and if you say one thing against him then it's like you are attacking their entire way of being.

I don't hate him btw, it just blows my mind how such a system could evolve to let this happen. Their entire political system is madness.

I'm agreeing with you.
    Trump is in charge.

"In charge " is very simplistic.

Iv posted the reference to the constitution of the United states.
    Iv posted a little explainer that describes how the system works.
    (You are welcome)

You've put your fingers in your ears, closed your eyes and screamed Orange man bad repeatedly.

Good day

"In charge " is very simplistic.

Iv posted the reference to the constitution of the United states.
    Iv posted a little explainer that describes how the system works.
    (You are welcome)

You've put your fingers in your ears, closed your eyes and screamed Orange man bad repeatedly.

Good day

Trump is currently saying that people should go back to their offices, its better than working from home. If people do go back and the numbers spike who's fault will that be?

The business owners for listening to him and opening?

The Governors for listening to him and allowing them to open?

Trump for encouraging them to open?

• Advertisement

Trump is currently saying that people should go back to their offices, its better than working from home. If people do go back and the numbers spike who's fault will that be?

The business owners for listening to him and opening?

The Governors for listening to him and allowing them to open?

Trump for encouraging them to open?

Under the 10th amendment of the United states constitution that decision can only be made by state governors.

Essentially they are big boys and girls who make their own decisions and are legally entitled to as per the above amendment.

Under the 10th amendment of the United states constitution that decision can only be made by state governors.

Essentially they are big boys and girls who make their own decisions and are legally entitled to as per the above amendment.

Disgusting

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1304362313743560704?s=19

You're missing the point, firstly the federal government have pandemic plans that he didn't follow. Secondly, the leadership he's offering it's encouraging places to open up which will increase the number of deaths. He's basically been offering leadership that would make the situation worse since day one.

But sure you'll continue to twist and deny.

Disgusting?

This is related to sales and training managers in Manhattan.

I don't understand your outrage . Please explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

So we're back to usual tactics of:

- shifting goalposts
    - redefining words
    - asking daft questions to deflect from a poor ability in assessing already established information.
    - juvenile sarcasm

There is a bioleninism/ spiteful mutant theory that's is doing the rounds, in an attempt to understand woke/ lefty culture, from the point of view of biology.

It basically posits that within a group, there will be some who will use spiteful /destructive behaviours in order to gain power, that will then be used to damage or destroy the group. The tendency to this behaviour is introduced through genetic weakness not selected for under Darwinian conditions. It is believed this weakness was introduced after the industrial revolution when child mortality went from as high as 50% to 1% - leaving weak people in the general population that would not have survived beforehand.
    So what is bioleninism? I’ve seen the term kicked around enough to have a vague sense of it, but let’s be a bit more formal–with thanks to Samir Pandilwar for succinctness:

Developed by Spandrell (alias, Bloody Shovel) it takes the basic Leninist model of building a Party to rule the state out of the dregs of society, and shifts this to the realm of biology, wrong-think biology in particular, building the party out of people who are permanent losers within the social order.

I think the term gets used more generally when people notice that people in positions of power (or striving to make themselves more powerful via leftist politics) are particularly unattractive. In this context, these people are the “spiteful mutants” trying to change the social structure to benefit themselves..

https://evolutionistx.wordpress.com/2020/06/09/spiteful-mutants/

Interesting indeed. Timberrrr....any comments on this?

You're missing the point, firstly the federal government have pandemic plans that he didn't follow. Secondly, the leadership he's offering it's encouraging places to open up which will increase the number of deaths. He's basically been offering leadership that would make the situation worse since day one.

But sure you'll continue to twist and deny.

What is the situation in your country?

Are shops and businesses open or is it only essential services ?

Disgusting?

This is related to sales and training managers in Manhattan.

I don't understand your outrage . Please explain

States are encouraging people to work from home wherever possible, JP Morgan Chase have ordered employees back to the office even though they have/can work from home.

Trump is encouraging companies to make staff go back to the office, this will cause the virus to spread.

I cant simplify it any more for you.

States are encouraging people to work from home wherever possible, JP Morgan Chase have ordered employees back to the office even though they have/can work from home.

Trump is encouraging companies to make staff go back to the office, this will cause the virus to spread.

I cant simplify it any more for you.

Jp Morgan has said its sales and training managers in Manhattan must come back to the office. Perhaps JP Morgan have decided that their sales and training managers cant work from home.
    Are you familiar and up to date with the latest board meeting of JP Morgan?
    What is the covid situation in New York?

Perpetual lockdown around the planet ended months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Biker79 wrote: »
    So we're back to usual tactics of:

- shifting goalposts
    - redefining words
    - asking daft questions to deflect from a poor ability in assessing already established information.
    - juvenile sarcasm

All correct..

Then immediately goes on to repeat the same behaviour.

The entire thread is full of this and no one is looking good from it.

Time to finally hit the big unsubscribe button.

Haters gonna hate. For anyone truly saddened by all of this, tissues are useful (for tears, obviously).

What is the situation in your country?

Are shops and businesses open or is it only essential services ?

The US is one of the worst hit countries in the globe. Ireland is nowhere near the US situation so it's not comparing like with like. We also still tend to have far more measures than the US. By the way, I have worked from home since March. I will continue to until at least next year. This is company wide and they're following the same measures in the US.

• Advertisement

The US is one of the worst hit countries in the globe. Ireland is nowhere near the US situation so it's not comparing like with like. We also still tend to have far more measures than the US. By the way, I have worked from home since March. I will continue to until at least next year. This is company wide and they're following the same measures in the US.

Do you understand that not everyone can or is working from home?

If you look out the window you will see a country at work. Some people didn't or couldn't stop and others who stopped for a period are back at it months now.

Like you said you can't compare

Leadership: Whatever happens, someone else is responsible.

Do you understand that not everyone can or is working from home?

If you look out the window you will see a country at work. Some people didn't or couldn't stop and others who stopped for a period are back at it months now.

Like you said you can't compare
    Trump is actively encouraging all businesses to go back to offices. And you're still ignoring that they're one of the worst hit countries in the globe. Europe generally exited the first wave because countries have managed the crisis. The US has not. You will claim that the federal government has nothing to do with it but it's generally accepted that they have handled the pandemic disastrously..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-52079121

History eh.

Trump wanted to quarantine New York and close it off but Democrat Mayor Cuomo called the idea prepisterous and refused.

Fast forward six months and New Yoek is a ghost town and its all Trumps fault.

Trump is actively encouraging all businesses to go back to offices. And you're still ignoring that they're one of the worst hit countries in the globe. Europe generally exited the first wave because countries have managed the crisis. The US has not. You will claim that the federal government has nothing to do with it but it's generally accepted that they have handled the pandemic disastrously..

Like this one:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

A plan released in conjunction with the CDC (centre for disease control). The plan goes into detail about restrictions, phases (which can go back and forth) and other important plans laid out to reopen America while "living with the virus ".

I think you will find that every government on the planet including your own has one of these plans. Like I said perpetual lockdown is over. The world has moved on. As have most people.

There seems to be a stink in air of well I'm working from home so everyone else should be too. It's not reality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Sure Trump didn't encourage people to flock the streets in violent BLM protests and spread the virus. Or maybe spreading the virus during riots doesnt count?

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Sure Trump didn't encourage people to flock the streets in violent BLM protests and spread the virus. Or maybe spreading the virus during riots doesnt count?

Thing is, there's not an attributable increase from the protests. Protesters also tended to wear masks which Trump supporters have not, including at his rallies(RIP Herman Cain). Trump also egged on militias that were protesting state lockdowns.

Mic 1972 wrote: »

A few JPMorgan executives going back to the office spread the virus but nationwide BLM protests dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

kenmm wrote: »
    All correct..

Then immediately goes on to repeat the same behaviour.

The entire thread is full of this and no one is looking good from it.

Time to finally hit the big unsubscribe button.

Haters gonna hate. For anyone truly saddened by all of this, tissues are useful (for tears, obviously).

Fair enough. The thread is about Trump and why he will win. The subtext us why he and the republicans need to win ( due to lefty/woke/ marxist destabilisation etc ).

Thanks for your input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭westdublin

Do all laws and the whole constitution mater or is it just some ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement