Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    More personal attacks
    See why people don't take you guys seriously?

If you want o advocate for what you think is right, you need to walk the walk.
    There is no coherence with your posts, one post is about equality and respect, the next post is about making fun of someone's OVER THE TOP FAKE tan.

Fixed that for you.

In fairness, you called me racist because I criticised Trump's vanity.. it was a pretty stupid sand insulting remark.. Trump's fake tan has nothing to do with race.

yup,

A black persons skin tone is due to genetics.

Trumps skin tone is due to vanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭westdublin

So, you have an issue with the colour of his makeup then?
    I'm just genuinely asking here because a previous poster had no issue making fun of his orange skin tone which to me is as offensive as insulting any other skin tone

Thats very woke and liberal of you coming to his defence on his choice of makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

What offends you become acceptable when it's directed at others.
    That's an interesting take to equality

You likened race and fake tan, that's got nothing to do with equality. I'm pretty amazed that anyone would think such asinine remarks are clever.

• Advertisement

yup,

A black persons skin tone is due to genetics.

Trumps skin tone is due to vanity.

I still see no reason why you feel entitled to insult someone's skin tone, whether it's genetic or fake tan.

By applying double standards you are not doing a great job at advocating for your community

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Biker79 wrote: »
    Not that it matters.

What does matter are values ( whats important ), policies ( the framework to implement values ) and character ( the personal ability to implement policies )

Ignoring these while focusing on someones appearance...well....as Churchill once said :

' The best argument against Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average (woke) voter '

This entire post is a fantasy that's in your head. Including the Churchill quote.

But didnt you not post earlier rallying against the whole woke culture, Im just curious and why you would seem to be posting in favour of it ?

Not that it really bothers me, they are just buzz words, but if you finding it offensive that someone would post jokingly about a elderly man who is packing more bronzer than any hunso out on a Saturday night in Dublin that it comes across as a little snow-flakey of a post

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I still see no reason why you feel entitled to insult someone's skin tone, whether it's genetic or fake tan.

By applying double standards you are not doing a great job at advocating for your community

Is making fun of someone's race equivalent to making fun of someone's makeup?

Yes/no/deflected answer on a postcard please.

astrofool wrote: »
    Is making fun of someone's race equivalent to making fun of someone's makeup?

Yes/no/deflected answer on a postcard please.

making fun of people's appearance is not what you would expect from advocates for equal respect.

• Advertisement

Maybe he identifies as orange..

making fun of people's appearance is not what you would expect from advocates for equal respect.

What Right do you think someone is oppressing when they make fun of him ?

westdublin wrote: »
    What Right do you think someone is oppressing when they make fun of him ?

are you implying that people in a position of power can be made fun of?

Are you implying that I was implying that's someone is a position of power can be made fun of ?

Do you believe making fun of someone means you are against equal rights ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Tony EH wrote: »
    This entire post is a fantasy that's in your head. Including the Churchill quote.

Must have hurt your feelings there champ.

Sorry about that.

Its not his skin tone, it's his make up. Would you be OK with someone coming to your house with blackface makeup on?

I'm not applying double standards skin tone and make up are two totally different things. Also, what is "my community"?

Trump isn't shy about making fun of people so what's good for the Goose and all that ;)

Its not his skin tone, it's his make up. Would you be OK with someone coming to your house with blackface makeup on?

I'm not applying double standards skin tone and make up are two totally different things. Also, what is "my community"?

I have no issue with people wearing whatever makeup they like, i defend freedom and i wouldn't insult a person for wearing their color of choice.

If you think that making fun of other people's appearance is going to help your cause be my guest, you are only going to damage your credibility

Trump is old school. He can take it on the chin and still get on with the job.

Not many of his detractors could endure a fraction of the abuse he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Mega lol. If someone has plastered themselves with fake tan and looks like an orange gombeen I'll insult it all day long. Be they liberal or conservative. Double standards me hole.

• Advertisement

Trump isn't shy about making fun of people so what's good for the Goose and all that ;)

He is the president of the US, you are a ordinary person trying to make a difference. Shouldn't you set the example instead of lowering yourself to the same level?
    I see why people don't take you seriously

Very true and i admire him for it.

Having thin skin seems to be the trend of the moment

Must have hurt your feelings there champ.

Sorry about that.

It's true though, that quote is not from Churchill and your overall points are nonsensical.

haha Old School.....spending about 3-4 hours every day getting his tan in a can and hair done.
    Then whining on twitter when he sees something he doesn't like, yeah sounds like a real old school tough guy.

Very true and i admire him for it.

Having thin skin seems to be the trend of the moment

How thin would your skin have to be to refuse to be seen in public without your hair and makeup done ?

haha Old School.....spending about 3-4 hours every day getting his tan in a can and hair done.
    Then whining on twitter when he sees something he doesn't like, yeah sounds like a real old school tough guy.

Sounds like what the entire woke movement revolves around to be honest

How thin would your skin have to be to refuse to be seen in public without your hair and makeup done ?

And how much of that has to do with your own business if I'm allowed asking?

Sounds like what the entire woke movement revolves around to be honest

It does indeed, imagine taking time out of your day to rush in and defend a grown man who plasters himself in make up from the jokes of some Irish people on a message board in Ireland.....very woke and noble indeed

It's true though, that quote is not from Churchill and your overall points are nonsensical.

Protonmike - Ive yet to see you post anything that's even vaguely interesting.

You claim that quote is not from Churchill, I can assure you it is.

If you cant make sense of concepts within my posts, I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do for you.

But good luck to you anyway. It doesn't make you a bad person or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

amazing how the democrat lovers love to call names and label people racists, mock appearances, push agendas, post lies etc, and then claim some moral superiority.

I am sure some will now assume because I point this out i therefore must be a trump fan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement