Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Very true and i admire him for it.

Having thin skin seems to be the trend of the moment

He has had to endure a media onslaught which has only intensified over the past 4 years. He has to perform the duties of Office AND prepare for re-election, at 74 years of age.

Pretty good going, by any measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

westdublin wrote: »
    It does indeed, imagine taking time out of your day to rush in and defend a grown man who plasters himself in make up from the jokes of some Irish people on a message board in Ireland.....very woke and noble indeed

I'm proudly not woke, I only wanted to call you out for your double standards and i succeded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭westdublin

And how much of that has to do with your own business if I'm allowed asking?

Of course you're allowed ask, its a discussion site. You see when someone spends their time posting on twitter attacking people and insulting their appearance and character then they better be able to take it when people start doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I have no issue with people wearing whatever makeup they like, i defend freedom and i wouldn't insult a person for wearing their color of choice.

So you would be OK with people being racist by wearing black face make up?
    If you think that making fun of other people's appearance is going to help your cause be my guest, you are only going to damage your credibility

I dont have a "cause" though so you seem to be barking up the wrong tree.

Biker79 wrote: »
    He has had to endure a media onslaught which has only intesified over the past 4 years. He has to perform the duties of Office AND prepare for re-election, at 74 years of age.

And in the process he gained the admiration and respect of a lot of people who initially didn't take him seriously.
    The man has more chances to win this election that he had to win the previous one if you ask me

• Advertisement

amazing how the democrat lovers love to call names and label people racists, mock appearances, push agendas, post lies etc, and then claim some moral superiority.

I am sure some will now assume because I point this out i therefore must be a trump fan.

I can assure you Im a Republican, so does this mean I am allowed do the above ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

amazing how the democrat lovers love to call names and label people racists, mock appearances, push agendas, post lies etc, and then claim some moral superiority.

I am sure some will now assume because I point this out i therefore must be a trump fan.

You are aware you’re describing trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Biker79 wrote: »
    He has had to endure a media onslaught which has only intesified over the past 4 years. He has to perform the duties of Office AND prepare for re-election, at 74 years of age.

Indeed. Jim sums it up here:

https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1304826171482411008

I'm proudly not woke, I only wanted to call you out for your double standards and i succeded

What double standards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

Never met the man, so don't really know him.

But from what I have seen and read, I would be very careful in his company.

He lies too readily, mocks others too readily, makes out he is God's gift to the world too readily.

But as to the thread title, will he be re-elected?

I don't think so.

The old Republican Party, the GoP, must be embarrassed by this buffoon. Is this really a reflection of them?

It is like trying to equate Thatcher with Bozo.

• Advertisement

Democrats are only damaging themselves.
    More and more people are abandoning the left in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

making fun of people's appearance is not what you would expect from advocates for equal respect.

Is making fun of someone's makeup, equivalent to making fun of someone's race?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

You are aware you’re describing trump?

Congrats! - thats the 1000th ' deflection of truth with a daft question ' manoeuvre of this thread.

No prizes though. Just the sad realisation that you have nothing interesting to say.

What double standards ?
    making fun of other people's appearance while at the same time advocating for equality and respect.

If you talk the talk, you are expected to walk the walk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

The democrat meltdown is starting and Trump hasnt even officially won yet.

Everytime oompa lumpa is said some democrat is sad because no new wars are started in the middle east or all the bile they build up from hiding their racism is spilling out.

making fun of other people's appearance while at the same time advocating for equality and respect.

Who's making these rules ?
    I don't see any rules being adhered to by Bunker Bitch so why would you expect other to respect the rules ?

Everytime oompa lumpa is said some democrat is sad because no new wars are started in the middle east or all the bile they build up from hiding their racism is spilling out.

Sad :confused:

So making fun of someone's appearance is a bad thing?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/trumps-worst-insults-toward-women-2018-10%3famp
    You can now add "horseface" to the list of insults President Donald Trump has hurled at women publicly, which also includes "fat pigs," "slobs," and "dogs," to name a few.

Who's making these rules ?
    I don't see any rules being adhered to by Bunker Bitch so why would you expect other to respect the rules ?

good luck mate, there is only so much i can do for you
    nobody is taking the woke movement seriously because you cant debate without applying double standards

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is making fun of someone's makeup the same as making fun of someone's race?

• Advertisement

good luck mate, there is only so much i can do for you
    nobody is taking the woke movement seriously because you cant debate without applying double standards

I actually have no idea what a woke movement is, again what double standards ?
    Are we all not allowed to insult people or is that just Trump ?

See the problem here is everything you are complaining about has already be done by Trump, so therefore the double standards are yours.

But if you want to set an example of standards then lets see some Trump supporters / fans call out the **** he is posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I don't get it. You complain about Trump for doing things like mocking people but then you go and mock Trump but say it's ok because he mocks people.

But you complain about Trump mocking people?

It's like a puzzle .

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Haha. Your hero looks like an oompa lumpa with his fake tan.

I don't get it. You complain about Trump for doing things like mocking people but then you go and mock Trump but say it's ok because he mocks people.

But you complain about Trump mocking people?

It's like a puzzle .

Welcome to the world of politics ;)

Where have I "complained" about Trump mocking people? I'm showing the hypocrisy (yet again) of the Trump zealots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

ollkiller wrote: »
    Haha. Your hero looks like an oompa lumpa with his fake tan.

And diabetes.

astrofool wrote: »
    Is making fun of someone's makeup the same as making fun of someone's race?

Does making fun of people's appearance put you in a position of being taken seriously when you advocate for equality and respect?
    I can answer for you so we don't hijack the entire thread. Answer is NO

And diabetes.

And obesity

Making fun of people's appearance, health and weight is ok
    ...but don't touch race

Double standards, not difficult to see it

Does making fun of people's appearance put you in a position of being taken seriously when you advocate for equality and respect?
    I can answer for you so we don't hijack the entire thread. Answer is NO

Sorry for butting in on this, but this is a perfect example of the double standards you are accusing others of having, by your very words Trump shouldn't be taken serious as he has been attached and mocking peoples appearances for a long time.

• Advertisement

Making fun of people's appearance, health and weight is ok
    ...but don't touch race

Double standards, not difficult to see it

Where are the double standards you keep spouting on about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement