Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Overheal wrote: »
    There were public protests well before then, sorry. George Gloyds death was May 25 and nationwide protests had been occuring since April. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_anti-lockdown_protests

Trying to argue "BLM started it" is plainly inaccurate.

anti lock down protests didn't last 4 months
    The BLM riots are way too big now to be swept under the carpet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Mic 1972 wrote: »

So best address the underlying issues that cause BLM protests and job done. Ammirite?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The duration of the protests has nothing to do with what you argued,

"Lock down means you stay at home.

We did that in Europe and it worked
    US did that alright until the BLM protests took over"

shifting_goals2.jpg

Useful idiots. if they can be persuaded not to vote for a terrible president and a horrible human being then they have a road back to atonement. Prodigal sons.

Don't worry, a lot of well educated former democrats are moving to the right

Who?

• Advertisement

Even more uneducated and educated Republicans are moving to the 'left'. So it's all good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

No lies involved, he was asked if he would trust his daughter with Trump. He responded he would trust Trump more than Biden. Again, I fail to see how you can't follow along here, without a deliberate lapse in intellectual honesty.

You do know you can trust trump more than biden and still not fully trust trump right ?

Then look at who I am arguing with, a guy with over 50 thousand posts who spends his time in the conspiracy theories forum.

You tried the same thing on the george floyd thread, thinking if you post more than others you could drown them out and by repeating your ideology over and over you might convince others, maybe even yourself, but it wont work....

can you read stats?
    If you can look at when the US numbers started to pick up.

It's a perfect match

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Figerty

shifting_goals2.jpg

That's just so funny that statement.

Even more uneducated and educated Republicans are moving to the 'left'. So it's all good.

True:

https://rvat.org/

https://lincolnproject.us/

Wikipedia even started a page for the prolific Biden/Anti-Trump endorsements among Republicans:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Republicans_who_oppose_the_2020_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I've yet to see any reporting of any BLM superspreader events. These protests are most normally attended by those in compliance with reasonably safe practices of wearing masks. The Sturgis motorcycle rally, for instance, had very poor mask compliance and became a superspreader event, as did Trump's Tulsa rally which was both held indoors, without masks, and with compressed seating despite an availability of empty seats for the crowd to distance to.

The issue here is that people gave up so much for the COVID lock downs. There are people who didn't get to attend funerals, weddings, birthdays, new born celebrations ect..
    Yet the BLM protest were fine and if they did not cause an uptick in cases, then the whole outdoor lockdown is a sham. tested and proved by BLM over the course of 3 months.

For example, people can march together for 4-5 hours in the +25,000, yet all spectating of sporting events are banned. I can't stand pitch side at my kids GAA match. Gather of ~30 parents outdoors...banned.
    There is an awful hypocrisy, that is very divisive and destructive.
    I don't agree with the group BLM, I am in favour of removing all forms of discrimination, I am in favour of allowing people to openly protest, regardless if I agree or not.

But looking at any protest over the course of the initial lock-down, it goes against all health recommendations at the time. Just cause it a cause you may champion, doesn't mean it's not hypocritical.

I'd also argue most of the Antifa folks are not wearing masks, but just their usual bandanna cover. Which is not in line with medical recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

can you read stats?

It's a perfect match

Careful now.. causation and correlation..

You do know you can trust trump more than biden and still not fully trust trump right ?

Then look at who I am arguing with, a guy with over 50 thousand posts who spends his time in the conspiracy theories forum.

You tried the same thing on the george floyd thread, thinking if you post more than others you could drown them out and by repeating your ideology over and over you might convince others, maybe even yourself, but it wont work....

I'm sorry, have you not been going on for the last while here about personal abuse and civility? So, what does my postcount or what forums I volunteered to moderate have to do with this conversation?

Nabber wrote: »
    The issue here is that people gave up so much for the COVID lock downs. There are people who didn't get to attend funerals, weddings, birthdays, new born celebrations ect..
    Yet the BLM protest were fine and if they did not cause an uptick in cases, then the whole outdoor lockdown is a sham. tested and proved by BLM over the course of 3 months.

For example, people can march together for 4-5 hours in the +25,000, yet all spectating of sporting events are banned. I can't stand pitch side at my kids GAA match. Gather of ~30 parents outdoors...banned.
    There is an awful hypocrisy, that is very divisive and destructive.
    I don't agree with the group BLM, I am in favour of removing all forms of discrimination, I am in favour of allowing people to openly protest, regardless if I agree or not.

But looking at any protest over the course of the initial lock-down, it goes against all health recommendations at the time. Just cause it a cause you may champion, doesn't mean it's not hypocritical.

I'd also argue most of the Antifa folks are not wearing masks, but just their usual bandanna cover. Which is not in line with medical recommendations.

Perfectly said!

can you read stats?

It's a perfect match

I don't think you quite understand statistics. Or Worldofmeters statistics and graphs. The response of the federal government has been criminal primarily due to Trump's egotistical stupidity. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Figerty wrote: »
    That's just so funny that statement.

it's so funny that it's actually true

can you read stats?

It's a perfect match

Also it was on Mayors and Governors to act, they allowed the protests, they were also ultimately in charge of the pandemic effort. See the deibacle in NY with the nusing homes, much like our own guys here.
    Cuomo's comments on Trump during the pandemic. He praised Trump . Now that the election is coming up he rolls back on that.

I don't think you quite understand statistics. Or Worldofmeters statistics and graphs. The response of the federal government has been criminal primarily due to Trump's egotistical stupidity. But feel free to prove me wrong.

I understand stats very well thank you
    The graph is clear, anyone can see the evidence of cases increasing starting in May/June
    There was no excuse to condone the BLM mass gathering while people couldn't even visit their relatives in hospital.
    Again, double standards

we should have a list of all the things trump is accused of,

1.Racism
    2. Covid, despite democrats supporting the mass gatherings in a global pandemic
    3. The election was rigged
    4. He let the people down

Then if Trump is re elected, we can ask the democrat loving members who act morally superior and think they are smarter than everyone, how come trump got back in again....if only to hear the new excuses.

A sort of Trump bingo

kenmm wrote: »
    Careful now.. causation and correlation..

Especially considering that in June, the commensurate increase in cases wasn't primarily in states that had the largest BLM protests (Kentucky, Oregon, Minnesota, etc) but were in anti-lockdown states, specifically Arizona, Arkansas, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas became covid hotspots. Numerous health officials and journalists have continued to report on the reality that the BLM protests are not superspreader events, attributing this to good mask practice etc.

• Advertisement

Also it was on Mayors and Governors to act, they allowed the protests, they were also ultimately in charge of the pandemic effort. See the deibacle in NY with the nusing homes, much like our own guys here.
    Cuomo's comments on Trump during the pandemic. He praised Trump . Now that the election is coming up he rolls back on that.

Exaclty

That's interesting. Please quote Cuomo's praise of Trump's response to the pandemic.

I understand stats very well thank you
    The graph is clear, anyone can see the evidence of cases increasing starting in May/June
    There was no excuse to condone the BLM mass gathering while people couldn't even visit their relatives in hospital.
    Again, double standards

No. There was no excuse for Trump pretending the pandemic didn't exist. Hence, sadly, the USA's extraordinarily high death rate. The buck stops with POTUS. Not that he gives a crap.

He locked down the USA when the Dems said it was xenophobic. Remember Pelosi went to Chinatown?

He locked down the country when the Dems said it was just a flu.

Fauci advised not to wear a mask.

He got the ventilators that NY requested, as confirmed by Cuomo.

The Dems wasted weeks on the stimulus package

What you have here is BIAS against Trump. Much like the peace in the middle east, which now has Bahrain and Isreal coming together.
    Instead of doing the intellectual thing, which is to say "Ok he has done good things, I still don't like him" People istead defer too, If Trump did it then it's bad.

That's interesting. Please quote Cuomo's praise of Trump's response to the pandemic.

He locked down the USA when the Dems said it was xenophobic. Remember Pelosi went to Chinatown?

He locked down the count when the Dems said it was just a flu.

Fauci advised not to wear a mask.

He got the ventilators that NY requested, as confirmed by Cuomo.

What you have here is BIAS against Trump. Much like the peace in the middle east, which now has Bahrain and Isreal coming together.
    Instead of doing the intellectual thing, which is to say "Ok he has done good things, I still don't like him" People istead defer too, If Trump did it then it's bad.

You said Cuomo praised Trump. I asked you to quote Cuomo. So?

Nobody will say anything against the riots on an internet platform to avoid the consequences of cancel culture.
    People respected the lock down in Europe and the numbers dropped
    BLM was a major driver for Covid spreading, it's not difficult to realise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

kenmm wrote: »
    This is the absolute biggest collection of absolute **** on the internet right now. Everytime I check in, I hope it gets better, but somehow it just keeps getting worse. Is there some sort of prize for winning the race to the bottom?

You get to tell other posters how great you are.

Looks like you win.

• Advertisement

No. There was no excuse for Trump pretending the pandemic didn't exist. Hence, sadly, the USA's extraordinarily high death rate. The buck stops with POTUS. Not that he gives a crap.

is it also trumps fault the population always had poor healthcare or that his nation has the highest rate of obese people ?

what next ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement