Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

we should have a list of all the things trump is accused of,

1.Racism
    2. Covid, despite democrats supporting the mass gatherings in a global pandemic
    3. The election was rigged
    4. He let the people down

Then if Trump is re elected, we can ask the democrat loving members who act morally superior and think they are smarter than everyone, how come trump got back in again....if only to hear the new excuses.

A sort of Trump bingo
    Ok, I'm none of the things in the last paragraph. I don't particularly care for the American political system or the Democrats. I am definitely not a trump fan either. But apart from a few die hards, you've gotta admit, despite whatever successes he has, he comes away with some right kuntish remarks. A lot of inflammatory language and says things that end up being a bit disrespectful (and that's putting it mildly).

When he gets re-elected, all it proves is there are enough people who voted for him. Either they like it, tolerate it, they believe in him, the campaigning was strong or whatever.

It doesn't mean he's antics at times are any less debatable in terms of some really sh!tty remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Nobody will say anything against the riots on an internet platform to avoid the consequences of cancel culture.
    People respected the lock down in Europe and the numbers dropped
    BLM was a major driver for Covid spreading, it's not difficult to realise

Didn’t trump call for reopening of the economy, ‘vaccine or no vaccine’ beforeBLM protests even started.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

is it also trumps fault the population always had poor healthcare or that his nation has the highest rate of obese people ?

what next ?

How would it be? Nobody insinuated any of that crap.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

You get to tell other posters how great you are.

Looks like you win.

Cute.

But I'm not saying I'm any better - sure I got an infraction for suggesting there was a q of people waiting to suck him off they love him so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

is it also trumps fault the population always had poor healthcare or that his nation has the highest rate of obese people ?

what next ?

No, it's not his fault that the USA has high rates of obesity or poor healthcare. But what has he done about it since becoming POTUS? More importantly, what has he done about Covid-19's impact on those people?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

kenmm wrote: »
    Ok, I'm none of the things in the last paragraph. I don't particularly care for the American political system or the Democrats. I am definitely not a trump fan either. But apart from a few die hards, you've gotta admit, despite whatever successes he has, he comes away with some right kuntish remarks. A lot of inflammatory language and says things that end up being a bit disrespectful (and that's putting it mildly).

When he gets re-elected, all it proves is there are enough people who voted for him. Either they like it, tolerate it, they believe in him, the campaigning was strong or whatever.

It doesn't mean he's antics at times are any less debatable in terms of some really sh!tty remarks.

I would not vote for the orange lunatic either, but because I dont like Trump, dont mean Biden is any better. In fact with Trump you know what you are getting, biden is a bumbling idiot and a total puppet.

My issue is the anti trump people are so clearly biased, the cannot debate rationally, we have seen them act morally superior, while pedal lies, deflect from some truths, constantly contradict themselves, and some even resorting to personal insults, because someone else would vote for trump.

Whether you like trump or biden, a person has the right to choose, except the trump haters dont think people should have that right, and anyone that does not follow their dogma, is labeled an idiot.

Its this very mentality that will force people to pick trump over biden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Didn’t trump call for reopening of the economy, ‘vaccine or no vaccine’ beforeBLM protests even started.

Haven’t all countries globally reopened without a vaccine?

Our schools are open a lot of parents wanted it.
    USA schools are open = Trump is bad

No, it's not his fault that the USA has high rates of obesity or poor healthcare. But what has he done about it since becoming POTUS? More importantly, what has he done about Covid-19's impact on those people?

you mean those people who think they dont have to wear a mask ?
    Those people that think screw covid, i will mass gather at BLM protests, the pandemic dont apply to me... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nabber wrote: »
    He locked down the USA when the Dems said it was xenophobic. Remember Pelosi went to Chinatown?

When the country had fewer than 100 cases. And no, Trump did not "lock down the USA" not at any point, and certainly not at the time Pelosi did the photo op.

Also, there is some unfortunate mischaracterization of the democratic response because 2 things happened on the exact same day:

1) Trump partially halted travel from China
    2) Trump added 6 new countries to the Muslim Ban

Biden addressed both of these in different remarks on the very same day. On that day, Biden didn't call either explicitly xenophobic. Rather, he criticized, specifically, Trump's "history of xenophobia" while arguing that as a xenophobe Trump, fear-mongerer etc. that he was not the right person to lead the country through a pandemic.
    He locked down the country when the Dems said it was just a flu.

And yet continued to call it a flu long after the world realized how deadly it was, even after Trump admitted to knowing how much more deadly it really was.

Again, he never locked down the country. Not ever. Locking down was a decision left up to individual states. He only partially closed travel to China. I do not recall any federal closure of our borders or our airports. We were never on lockdown.
    Fauci advised not to wear a mask.

Because at the time there were fewer than 100 cases and PPE, toilet paper etc. was already being hoarded and price-gouged.

• Advertisement

Those people that think screw covid, i will mass gather at BLM protests, the pandemic dont apply to me... ?

Yet they are virtually all wearing face masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

kenmm wrote: »
    Cute.

But I'm not saying I'm any better - sure I got an infraction for suggesting there was a q of people waiting to suck him off they love him so much!

Really? oh wow, way to go Kenmm. :)

My issue is the anti trump people are so clearly biased, the cannot debate rationally, we have seen them act morally superior, while pedal lies, deflect from some truths, constantly contradict themselves, and some even resorting to personal insults, because someone else would vote for trump.

Whether you like trump or biden, a person has the right to choose, except the trump haters dont think people should have that right, and anyone that does not follow their dogma, is labeled an idiot.

Its this very mentality that will force people to pick trump trump over biden

Ye there is some truth in that. I don't think the bias and deflection angle is solely owned by the non trump ones tho. There is an absolute refusal to see any wrong doing of the trump administration by some posters. That too is dangerous.

Name calling and calling people idiots for liking trump. That is also wrong, and yes, will push people further towards him.

Really? oh wow, way to go Kenmm. :)

Lol

Anyway.. I still don't think I'm winning the race

Cuomo is a wretch in fairness..
    He is politicising the virus..
    The fact that he could make it as a politician just goes to show how thick most people are..
    If you actually listen to the substance of what he's saying and like understand it chronologically he really is an ape..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Overheal wrote: »
    When the country had fewer than 100 cases. And no, Trump did not "lock down the USA" not at any point, and certainly not at the time Pelosi did the photo op.

Also, there is some unfortunate mischaracterization of the democratic response because 2 things happened on the exact same day:

1) Trump partially halted travel from China
    2) Trump added 6 new countries to the Muslim Ban

Biden addressed both of these in different remarks on the very same day. On that day, Biden didn't call either explicitly xenophobic. Rather, he criticized, specifically, Trump's "history of xenophobia" while arguing that as a xenophobe Trump, fear-mongerer etc. that he was not the right person to lead the country through a pandemic.

And yet continued to call it a flu long after the world realized how deadly it was, even after Trump admitted to knowing how much more deadly it really was.

Again, he never locked down the country. Not ever. Locking down was a decision left up to individual states. He only partially closed travel to China. I do not recall any federal closure of our borders or our airports. We were never on lockdown.

Because at the time there were fewer than 100 cases and PPE, toilet paper etc. was already being hoarded and price-gouged.

You post is confusing. So it’s the Governs fault?
    What is it you wanted your President to do?

The issue here is that people gave up so much for the COVID lock downs. There are people who didn't get to attend funerals, weddings, birthdays, new born celebrations ect..
    Yet the BLM protest were fine and if they did not cause an uptick in cases, then the whole outdoor lockdown is a sham. tested and proved by BLM over the course of 3 months.

For example, people can march together for 4-5 hours in the +25,000, yet all spectating of sporting events are banned. I can't stand pitch side at my kids GAA match. Gather of ~30 parents outdoors...banned.
    There is an awful hypocrisy, that is very divisive and destructive.
    I don't agree with the group BLM, I am in favour of removing all forms of discrimination, I am in favour of allowing people to openly protest, regardless if I agree or not.

But looking at any protest over the course of the initial lock-down, it goes against all health recommendations at the time. Just cause it a cause you may champion, doesn't mean it's not hypocritical.

Funeral parlors, wedding venues, and sporting arenas all operate under license. They are especially required to follow all laws and regulations in their jurisdictions, which include orders from the Governor. Frustrating as it is, protests don't operate under license and are comprised of individuals.
    I'd also argue most of the Antifa folks are not wearing masks, but just their usual bandanna cover. Which is not in line with medical recommendations.

It would be virtually impossible to prove such a claim, so it appears to be conjecture. Especially given that you couldn't rule out the possibility additional layering is under whatever image of bandanas you choose to look at, and then still you could find images proving hundreds of people just wore bandanas yet are still up against evidence of millions more wearing facemasks.

Nobody will say anything against the riots on an internet platform to avoid the consequences of cancel culture.
    People respected the lock down in Europe and the numbers dropped
    BLM was a major driver for Covid spreading, it's not difficult to realise

Sure, Jan.

Funeral parlors, wedding venues, and sporting arenas all operate under license. They are especially required to follow all laws and regulations in their jurisdictions, which include orders from the Governor. Frustrating as it is, protests don't operate under license and are comprised of individuals.

It would be virtually impossible to prove such a claim, so it appears to be conjecture. Especially given that you couldn't rule out the possibility additional layering is under whatever image of bandanas you choose to look at, and then still you could find images proving hundreds of people just wore bandanas yet are still up against evidence of millions more wearing facemasks.

Wow....you proceed to say its virtually impossible to prove such a claim.....so by that logic you cannot disproive it then , since you cannot prove likewise what is worn under the bandana.

This is exactly the type of post I spoke of earlier.

You post is confusing. So it’s the Governs fault?
    What is it you wanted your President to do?

Poster made erroneous claim that Trump locked down the United States. This never happened. Trump left the decision up to states to individually lock down (or not), and our borders never shut down at any point.

• Advertisement

Cuomo is a wretch in fairness..
    He is politicising the virus..
    The fact that he could make it as a politician just goes to show how thick most people are..
    If you actually listen to the substance of what he's saying and like understand it chronologically he really is an ape..

Actually, yes I agree. Cuomo is flawed. As a human being and a politician, he's better than Trump but that would be faint praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Looting and not being prosecuted for it, how could they miss the opportunity?

Wow....you proceed to say its virtually impossible to prove such a claim.....so by that logic you cannot disproive it then , since you cannot prove likewise what is worn under the bandana.

This is exactly the type of post I spoke of earlier.

That would only to apply to whatever evidence there is of those wearing bandanas. As I said, it's up against millions of protesters documented as wearing face masks. So, again, it would be very difficult to demonstrate that those simply wearing bandanas represent any sort of majority of protesters.

Poster made erroneous claim that Trump locked down the United States. This never happened. Trump left the decision up to states to individually lock down (or not), and our borders never shut down at any point.

and individuals still mass gathered to loot shops regardless of lock down
    how is trump responsible for it?

this should be good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I would not vote for the orange lunatic either, but because I dont like Trump, dont mean Biden is any better. In fact with Trump you know what you are getting, biden is a bumbling idiot and a total puppet.

Its this very mentality that will force people to pick trump over biden

Seems that you're just not happy that people are pointing out what a fiasco Trump is.

For every video of Biden stumbling or being forgetful, there's ten of Trump doing the same or worse, speaking off the cuff.

Nobody is saying people don't have the right to choose, you can stop making it sound like there's going to be people stopped from voting (historically one party has found different ways of doing that of course).

I hope that the next President will be silent on most topics and will simply let the experts and secretaries of various departments do their role. The last 4 years has looked like a reality TV series where an attention seeker wants everyone to either fear him or fawn over him and the scary thing is that it is actually real life.

You can say that is a biased view, I can give you dozens of reasons why this is the case. You know the reasons, you seem to be choosing to ignore them.

So you're saying that obese people and people who attend BLM rallies choose not to wear masks? That's very weird. And before you say that's not what you meant, it's what you said.

:confused:

Are you trying to argue Trump has criminal liability because some people looted? I'm not following. I certainly never argued that.

At most however, Trump is the President and as such has the burden of leadership. It has been noted quite often by myself and others for instance that his campaign advertisements fearmongering about what a Biden presidency would look like, largely is comprised of photos and video evidence of Trump's presidency. I certainly don't see the logical connect between Trump and direct responsibility, indeed direct liability, for looting or rioting, though. What I do see is evidence that he stirred up civil unrest in the weeks that had lead up to George Floyds death, where in fact he was actively encouraging violating of lockdowns and mass protests:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/trump-s-liberate-tweets-extremists-see-call-arms-n1186561

So when that encouragement leads to ever more protests, he shouldn't be surprised. People who supported the lockdown protests simply seem eternally upset that what people are protesting about doesn't align with their own agenda.

Seems that you're just not happy that people are pointing out what a fiasco Trump is.

For every video of Biden stumbling or being forgetful, there's ten of Trump doing the same or worse, speaking off the cuff.

Nobody is saying people don't have the right to choose, you can stop making it sound like there's going to be people stopped from voting (historically one party has found different ways of doing that of course).

I hope that the next President will be silent on most topics and will simply let the experts and secretaries of various departments do their role. The last 4 years has looked like a reality TV series where an attention seeker wants everyone to either fear him or fawn over him and the scary thing is that it is actually real life.

You can say that is a biased view, I can give you dozens of reasons why this is the case. You know the reasons, you seem to be choosing to ignore them.
    Exactement.

• Advertisement

So you're saying that obese people and people who attend BLM rallies choose not to wear masks? That's very weird. And before you say that's not what you meant, it's what you said.

No that's not what he said. What he said is in your own quote. You can read it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement