Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Danzy wrote: »
    It's not just the regular verbal mistakes, it is the way he acts, sometimes walks, the facial expressions, etc etc.

Is it Trump or Biden you're describing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

If Trump was making the mistakes consistently you might have a point.

Trump does make them consistently. 20,000 lies and counting attests to that.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Is it Trump or Biden you're describing there?

Biden.

Trump mashes things up occasionally and in a profound way. He can still talk for 2 hours off the cuff and appear largely coherent.

Biden even when not speaking has all the signs of significant decline.

Being prone to bullshi7 or exaggerating is different to Joe's problem.

Has Trump claimed that a black man invented the lightbulb?

No, he hasn’t. Not that I’m aware of anyway. But we all know Biden was referring to Larimers improvements on Edison’s design.

But Trump has claimed his father was born in Germany. Not just once either. The man can’t even remember where his father was born, his slip ups are way left field compared to Biden.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

In the interests of objectivity, how many lies did Obama make in his 8 years in office?

Just so we can make a comparison.

Being prone to bullshi7 or exaggerating is different to Joe's problem.

They are called lies.

They are called lies.

Fine then, lies.

Doesn't change the cognitive decline in Biden.

4 years ago Biden was a different man.

Biden.

Trump mashes things up occasionally and in a profound way. He can still talk for 2 hours off the cuff and appear largely coherent.

Biden even when not speaking has all the signs of significant decline.

Does he? Here he speaking in Michigan four days ago. Zero sign of any decline whatsoever. About as lucid and authoritative a speech as you'll see. Infinitely superior to any Trump speech or rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

No, he hasn’t. Not that I’m aware of anyway. But we all know Biden was referring to Larimers improvements on Edison’s design.

But Trump has claimed his father was born in Germany. Not just once either. The man can’t even remember where his father was born, his slip ups are way left field compared to Biden.

How does saying "a black man invented the light bulb" equate to him saying he improved it. Does invent suddenly mean improve now? Has the definition of invent changed in the dictionary?

I'd rather have Trump in charge since Biden can barely string together a few sentences without making obvious errors and blunders.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ah the cognitive decline argument again.

Man, woman, person, camera, tv.

Biden fudging his numbers will never top that master stroke above.

In the interests of objectivity, how many lies did Obama make in his 8 years in office?

Just so we can make a comparison.

I can’t come across a definitive list. There seems to differing tales across left and right leaning commentators. But I can’t find anything that Comes close to Trumps numbers.

I can’t come across a definitive list. There seems to differing tales across left and right leaning commentators. But I can’t find anything that Comes close to Trumps numbers.

So your figure of 20,000 is completely useless then...

Who is compiling the list...The Ministry of Truth?

Why can't you find a definitive list of Obama's lies?

Is there a committee involved...is there bias involved considering the media has completely abandoned balance.

Are you concerned that there isn't a list of Obama's lies available?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Fine then, lies.

Doesn't change the cognitive decline in Biden.

4 years ago Biden was a different man.

And in 10 years time with alzheimer's he'll still be in a better cognitive state that Trump is now. The guy is a dangerous idiot.

Actually if you search online, you will find multiple sites, with largely identical numbers. The fact that multiple sites will come up with the same number, shows the accuracy.

Actually if you search online, you will find multiple sites, with largely identical numbers. The fact that multiple sites will come up with the same number, shows the accuracy.

I could probably tell you the sites...

Anything at all for Obama? Bush or Clinton even?

Or is it just Trump...because that would be a bit questionable wouldn't it...if all these sites were only concerned about a dishonest leader when Trump took office...surely you aren't that gullible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

So you're saying that obese people and people who attend BLM rallies choose not to wear masks? That's very weird. And before you say that's not what you meant, it's what you said.

and yet another lie from you.

Show me where i said that.

This is exactly the type of spin , deflection and outright lies i speak of.

So show me where I said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So your figure of 20,000 is completely useless then...

Who is compiling the list...The Ministry of Truth?

Why can't you find a definitive list of Obama's lies?

Is there a committee involved...is there bias involved considering the media has completely abandoned balance.

Are you concerned that there isn't a list of Obama's lies available?

I found this https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

And here’s trumps https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

I think it’s pretty obvious who tells more lies so I’m not sure what this line argument will prove.

Since Obama didn’t tell lies on an almost daily basis the need for fact checking wasn’t as apparent. Did you follow US politics during Obama’s tenure? US politics has changed since then. Back then it wasn’t normal for the president to go on TV and say things that everyone can clearly see are lies. Trumps has been trying to normalise it for 4 years hence the current focus on facts and fact checking. Bush Snr and Jnr didn’t lie the way Trump does either.

and yet another lie from you.

Show me where i said that.

This is exactly the type of spin , deflection and outright lies i speak of.

So show me where I said that.

Lies? Ooooh....touchy.

Here is what you said verbatim:

"you mean those people who think they dont have to wear a mask ?
    Those people that think screw covid, i will mass gather at BLM protests, the pandemic dont apply to me.."

The logical conclusion from that statement is you believe that people who attend BLM rallies don't wear masks. Feel free to withdraw the statement if you like.

I could probably tell you the sites...

Anything at all for Obama? Bush or Clinton even?

Or is it just Trump...because that would be a bit questionable wouldn't it...if all these sites were only concerned about a dishonest leader when Trump took office...surely you aren't that gullible.

If you really want to compare numbers, you can research yourself. I get the feeling no matter what I provide, still won’t be accepted by you. So knock yourself out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Trump's not perfect there is no doubt about that but at least he knows the difference between the military and Michigan.

Lies? Ooooh....touchy.

Here is what you said verbatim:

Those people that think screw covid, i will mass gather at BLM protests, the pandemic dont apply to me.."

The logical conclusion from that statement is you believe that people who attend BLM rallies don't wear masks. Feel free to withdraw the statement if you like.

since you obviously have difficulty with reading and the truth, it seems I have to show you the lies as well

here was your reply:
    So you're saying that obese people and people who attend BLM rallies choose not to wear masks? That's very weird. And before you say that's not what you meant, it's what you said.

Show me where I said "obese people choose not to wear masks".

you cannot because it was never said and it is yet another lie spouted on here by maniacal trump haters who dont care about the truth, or what people type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Trump's not perfect there is no doubt about that but at least he knows the difference between the military and Michigan.
    Doesn't know the difference between 9/11 and 7/11 though;

still waiting professor moriarty....to show you did not lie

since you obviously have difficulty with reading and the truth, it seems I have to show you the lies as well

here was your reply:

Show me where I said "obese people choose not to wear masks".

you cannot because it was never said and it is yet another lie spouted on here by maniacal trump haters who dont care about the truth, or what people type.

This is fun. Here you go:

I said:
    "No, it's not his fault that the USA has high rates of obesity or poor healthcare. But what has he done about it since becoming POTUS? More importantly, what has he done about Covid-19's impact on those people?"

To which, you replied:
    Those people that think screw covid, i will mass gather at BLM protests, the pandemic dont apply to me... ?"

Logical conclusion: "those people" refers to obese people and attendees at BLM rallies.

Like I say, feel free to withdraw those statements.

still waiting professor moriarty....to show you did not lie

I think it's simply a misunderstanding. Maybe you don't understand your own posts? Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭greenfield21

While the democrats fan the flames of lawlessness, president gets nominated for a Nobel peace prize, truly an inspirational leader.

you are a liar, who tried to claim I said something I never said.

Again show me where I said "obese people dont wear masks"....that is the claim you made.

you cannot because it was never said, no matter how much you backtrack, lie and deflect

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Please don't derail with another he said she said BS argument take it PMs for f*ck sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

While the democrats fan the flames of lawlessness, president gets nominated for a Nobel peace prize, truly an inspirational leader.
    Being nominated...is zero credit really...he was nominated by a single right wing norwegian politician....lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement