Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who thinks Trump will win?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭westdublin

Faugheen wrote: »
    Another who doesn’t understand that inside sources are very rarely named.

Actually you do. There have been unnamed sources for decades. They are pivotal to allowing the media to do its job. You know this, but you choose to spew the bile that Trump does about outlets that don’t like him because he’s a fragile snowflake.

Maybe any report should start with " a person came up to me/called me and said Sir........"

Seems as though this is the level of brain washing that has been going on for the last 4 years it might actually work :D

Igotadose wrote: »
    You know that the #IMPOTUS was lying when he claimed to have been there and helped out? You ok with that?

And not a reply to the horrible comment about his building now being the tallest again, I suppose it just like his comment when he was confronted with the number of dead Americans from Covid " it is what it is "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

westdublin wrote: »
    And not a reply to the horrible comment about his building now being the tallest again, I suppose it just like his comment when he was confronted with the number of dead Americans from Covid " it is what it is "

Trump has made mistakes and obviously done or said some things that one would assume he regrets he's only human after all and nobody is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Trump has made mistakes and obviously done or said some things that one would assume he regrets he's only human after all and nobody is perfect.

Ok, so can we end the thread then? - everyone makes mistakes - all good. Nothing more to discuss.

Have you not learnt anything yet from Trump, never assume anything.
    There have been hold threads where his followers have come out to claim that the thing he said he not actually the thing he said only for himself to actually come out and confirm that the thing he said was what he meant.

• Advertisement

I've never seen him show any indication of regrets. Sure, one would logically conclude that he should regret his calls to execute the central park five. But he doesn't... Can you show any example of him demonstrating regret?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

https://twitter.com/alecmacgillis/status/1304935797573984260?s=21

He’s actually tweeting photos from four years ago and passing them off as recent.

Faugheen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/alecmacgillis/status/1304935797573984260?s=21

He’s actually tweeting photos from four years ago and passing them off as recent.

Maybe time for another person - woman - man - camera - tv test

kenmm wrote: »
    Ok, so can we end the thread then? - everyone makes mistakes - all good. Nothing more to discuss.

Yeah because that's what I said we should do :rolleyes:

I've never seen him show any indication of regrets. Sure, one would logically conclude that he should regret his calls to execute the central park five. But he doesn't... Can you show any example of him demonstrating regret?

As I said one would assume he has regrets I can't prove an assumption but, you already knew that.

• Advertisement

As I said one would assume he has regrets I can't prove an assumption but, you already knew that.

In fairness, I'm asking for any example of regrets... You implying something that he demonstrably has shown me indication of even when he was entirely in the wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I didn't get a response to this questions. That's a shame.

Originally Posted by Biker79
    "I've seen enough Biden footage to recognize serious mental issues. Which are corroborated by some folks more knowledgeable than me.
    Trump has always ' not given a f**k ' in his style - its part of his authenticity. Now there's a word you rarely find ascribed to politicians....certainly democrats.
    Mind you, I totally understand how this brash NY mannerism can upset people of a delicate disposition. NYers are renowned for their no nonsense delivery.
    Good for Trump for not softening his edges to suit the fragile Woke brigade."

Which "folks more knowledgeable" than you have corroborated your recognition of Biden's "mental issues".?

Anyway, Biden's doctor of 11 years gave him a clean bill of health in August. In a three page report, the doctor concluded that Biden was a "healthy, vigorous, 77-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency to include those as Chief Executive, Head of State and Commander in Chief."

So that's cleared up any questions about Biden's ability to be POTUS.

Yeah because that's what I said we should do :rolleyes:

I am saying that.

Most of this thread is he said, she said bollocks.. so if everyone makes mistakes - whats the point on talking about them - attacking Trump or Biden or whatever.

In fairness, I'm asking for any example of regrets... You implying something that he demonstrably has shown me indication of even when he was entirely in the wrong.

He said he often regrets tweets that he has sent out.

Do you ever tweet out and be like, you wake up, and, ‘Aw man, I wish I didn’t send that one out’?” Portnoy asked.

“Often, too often,” was Trump’s somewhat surprising answer.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/07/trump-admits-regret-for-some-of-his-tweets.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/508947-trump-says-he-often-regrets-his-tweets-and-retweets

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/24/donald-trump-admits-often-regrets-sending-tweets/

I am saying that.

Most of this thread is he said, she said bollocks.. so if everyone makes mistakes - whats the point on talking about them - attacking Trump or Biden or whatever.

That's your view not mine, your the one saying that everyone making mistakes means we shouldn't discuss them not me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,200 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump doesn't do regret.... at least not in public (I can't be certain of what his inner thoughts are on the subject, although I've no reason to suspect they're much different.)

His general way of operating owes something to the lawyer Roy Cohn who represented Trump in the 70s. Cohn was a leading inquisitor during the McCarthyism days. His style, like Trump's, was always attack, always look for a counterpunch and never ever admit wrongdoing.

And Trump has largely stuck to that. He has never held his hands up and unequivocally fessed up to a mistake. The times he's been forced to admit he's less than perfect, it's always with a huge asterisk of how it wasn't that bad, wasn't as bad as something someone else did, or blamed other actors for creating the mess in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, what's your take about him lying regarding being at ground zero, helping out, sending workers to help, seeing it from Trump Tower. Heck, lets add in the parties he saw in Jersey City. You good with all that, lad?

https://gothamist.com/news/a-brief-and-depressing-history-of-donald-trump-exploiting-lying-about-911

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,640 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So, what's your take about him lying regarding being at ground zero, helping out, sending workers to help, seeing it from Trump Tower. Heck, lets add in the parties he saw in Jersey City. You good with all that, lad?

https://gothamist.com/news/a-brief-and-depressing-history-of-donald-trump-exploiting-lying-about-911

Jesus, when you read that it just goes to show you that the low life has no morals, there isn't a level low enough he won't stoop to.

My take is that it's not good and that he shouldn't have lied about doing those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Here's a suggestion. As we are now involved in a revolving discussion about the metal capabilities of both candidates why don't we park it until September the 29th. The date of the first debate. Multiple pages getting us nowhere. We can finally see them pair off in a debate and then see who's fit to be president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Seems theres sad news from the dodgey democrats the last few days.

364 million US dollars has been donated to them by very rich unemployed people who have no sources of wealth. Thats a million dollars a day(if we take christmas day off) coming into the party through untraceable donations. Thats only whats found so far.

Who is giving crooked Hilary and sleepy Joe all this money and doesnt want anybody to know about it.

Is it Russia?
    Is it some oil company wanting them to start a war somewhere?
    Is it some oil company that wants to evict farmers across a rural state in the US to run a pipeline through?
    Is it Cartel drug dealers ensuring they have a safe smuggling route once the dems are running the borders?

We dont know. I suggest anybody who doesnt see a problem with this to watch a documentary called Clinton Cash. Its very saddening watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

If this keeps happening he might.

It looks like a kid shot the Sheriff's.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...386221568?s=19

The violence being carried out by BLM doesn't help the cause either. It has the opposite effect.

Plus Nancy Pelosi is doing more harm than good and doesn't seem to be too solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Zarco

If this keeps happening he might.

It looks like a kid shot the Sheriff's.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...386221568?s=19

At least he didn't shoot the deputy

Its very saddening watching it.

Sending more hugs :-( Hope you feel better soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well you’d have to assume it because he literally has never apologised for anything. It’s ain’t the most logical assumption though.

Sending more hugs :-( Hope you feel better soon

The money could be from rioters who are making so much looting they want to give a few dollars to joe and his friends who are pro rioting.

Young guy now riled up by the people in opposition telling him its right to go out and shoot two sherrifs sat in theor car. One of the sherrifs is a woman mid 30s with a 6 year old son. Her life will never be the same. Her families. The other sherrif a young man. The young guy pulling the trigger being used as a puppet.

Lot of lives will never be the same from this but if sleepy Joe thinks it might alienate the few voters he has left he will not condemn it.

The money could be from rioters who are making so much looting they want to give a few dollars to joe and his friends who are pro rioting.

100% - anything is possible!

Even things that are unsubstantiated.

Seriously tho - don't be sad - its not worth upsetting yourself over - it's only politics and the internet - two bad bedfellows.

Grab a box of tissues and wipe away the tears!

Tell you something tho - If ever I want to write a political themed novel and I am short on ideas - I will be returning to review this thread - some absolute cracking fantasies have been described.

Keep up the good work!

Tell you something tho - If ever I want to write a political themed novel and I am short on ideas - I will be returning to review this thread - some absolute cracking fantasies have been described.

Keep up the good work!

364 million of them.

• Advertisement

Young guy now riled up by the people in opposition telling him its right to go out and shoot two sherrifs sat in theor car. One of the sherrifs is a woman mid 30s with a 6 year old son. Her life will never be the same. Her families. The other sherrif a young man. The young guy pulling the trigger being used as a puppet.

Lot of lives will never be the same from this but if sleepy Joe thinks it might alienate the few voters he has left he will not condemn it.

So sad, so very sad (are there any other emotions available?). The best thing to do is to simplify the situation and use it for political point scoring. That will learn them and get right to the heart of the problems society faces.

Sad, very sad. So Sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement