Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,629 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So now the reason to explain Biden being far more capable is that he's on drugs... The nonsense flows...

The nonsense must flow. The nonsense is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    The nonsense must flow. The nonsense is life.

If they don't elieve the nonsense then they might have to start thinking that maybe #IMPOTUS isn't the stable genius he led them to believe he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

What is interesting is the results of the poll, on this site there are a few threads on the Trump Administration, all them overwhelmingly extremely negative toward the administration, I would say about 90% of posters in those threads have an extremely negative opinion on the administration who believe that Biden is a superior candidate to Trump.

But yet, only 25% of people who took the time to vote on this poll believe Biden is going to win.

It seems, the most prolific posters on this site (in all the various threads) are in the minority, if the tone of a lot of the posting is anything to go by, they believe only idiots could possibly disagree with them...but yet, nearly 70% of participants in this poll believe that those ardent political observers are wrong.

We've all been duped by FOX even if we don't watch it, or we are Russian bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What is interesting is the results of the poll, on this site there are a few threads on the Trump Administration, all them overwhelmingly extremely negative toward the administration, I would say about 90% of posters in those threads have an extremely negative opinion on the administration who believe that Biden is a superior candidate to Trump.

But yet, only 25% of people who took the time to vote on this poll believe Biden is going to win.

It seems, the most prolific posters on this site (in all the various threads) are in the minority, if the tone of a lot of the posting is anything to go by, they believe only idiots could possibly disagree with them...but yet, nearly 70% of participants in this poll believe that those ardent political observers are wrong.

People can still dislike trump or biden and believe that either one will win. This is the biggest issue I keep coming across on this site, anyone who says ‘trump will win’ without a giant scathing rant attached to it is labelled as a trump supporter.

What you’d like to happen and what you think will happen can be completely differen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Biker79 wrote: »
    Actually, the evidence is that conservative people are the brightest. Which is why they end up in positions of responsibility/ authority ( discounting the deep state swamp of course ...but these are low value technocratic positions , to be fair ). This has been the pattern throughout history. Wokeness is only a recent ' development ' . It never would have survived prior to the industrial revolution.

The science on this is compelling. I doubt you will like it though. We all know lefites are very selective about the scientific facts they support.

You should be grateful for the success of conservatism . Without that, wokeness would have not survived Darwinian selection.

Post the evidence.

• Advertisement

People can still dislike trump or biden and believe that either one will win. This is the biggest issue I keep coming across on this site, anyone who says ‘trump will win’ without a giant scathing rant attached to it is labelled as a trump supporter.

What you’d like to happen and what you think will happen can be completely differen

I challenge you to take a look at the thread over in the Politics forum, there is a belief over there that Trump is a fascist/authoritarian leader type, I doubt many of them think Trump is going to win, or the other thread in this forum, they really hate the guy and are full of content provided by media companies to back it up...

It is strange, it's like they don't realise that the vast majority of people can see how inarticulate and even arguably unsuitable for public office Trump is, but he doesn't need to be any of those if he actually delivers on what he promises to the point where Americans can actually feel and see the difference.

They have had leaders who are very articulate and seemingly suitable for public office but have turned out to be full of hot air and politically incompetent and in some cases out and out warmongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,362 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I challenge you to take a look at the thread over in the Politics forum, there is a belief over there that Trump is a fascist/authoritarian leader type, I doubt many of them think Trump is going to win, or the other thread in this forum, they really hate the guy and are full of content provided by media companies to back it up...

It is strange, it's like they don't realise that the vast majority of people can see how inarticulate and even arguably unsuitable for public office Trump is, but he doesn't need to be any of those if he actually delivers on what he promises to the point where Americans can actually feel and see the difference.

They have had leaders who are very articulate and seemingly suitable for public office but have turned out to be full of hot air and politically incompetent and in some cases out and out warmongers.

He hasn't even remotely begun to do this however.

The people of the rustbelt are still the same situation they were in before he got into office. But billionaire jet owners got a write down on fuel. He claimed he was going to "tackle" Wall Street and then hired Goldman Sachs people.

His verbal incompetence and unpalatable narcissism wouldn't be as grating if he indeed was trying to make things better for the people that he said he would. But this hasn't happened and let's be honest, it isn't going to.

On the other hand, the only real attempts at arguing for Trump is that he's not a Democrat. Which is why a lot of people don't take pro Trump posters even remotely seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Religious fanatics can only conceive of themselves as correct, they really believe that they are fighting evil and fascism.

Tony EH wrote: »
    He hasn't even remotely begun to do this however.

The people of the rustbelt are still the same situation they were in before he got into office. But billionaire jet owners got a write down on fuel. He claimed he was going to "tackle" Wall Street and then hired Goldman Sachs people.

His verbal incompetence and unpalatable narcissism wouldn't be as grating if he indeed was trying to make things better for the people that he said he would. But this hasn't happened and let's be honest, it isn't going to.

On the other hand, the only real attempts at arguing for Trump is that he's not a Democrat. Which is why a lot of people don't take pro Trump posters even remotely seriously.

Well, the Americans will decide that...

It's been a very unstable year over there, it would bury most Presidents.

You have to admit, between Trump, Biden and Pelosi...it's really bad all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I think Trump is a complete in it for himself, doesn't give a damn about anyone, all about his own self image muppet. He has shown few qualities that make him a leader.
    I also think he will win this election.

That doesn't mean I support Biden, the democrats or anything else to do with American politics.

This is the problem with polarisation and the way we are now grouping people. A dislike for one thing must therefore mean you would throw yourself on a sword for the other thing on offer. That's bullcrap.

• Advertisement

Well, the Americans will decide that...

That's neither here nor there. Of course American's are going to decide who their next president is. Or at least the EC will.
    It's been a very unstable year over there, it would bury most Presidents.

It has. However, Trump hasn't made it any better either.
    You have to admit, between Trump, Biden and Pelosi...it's really bad all round.

Won't comment on Pelosi, because she has nothing to do with the topic. But, on the subject of Biden and Trump, I have previously said that they (and Clinton) are indicative of the steep decline in US politics. It's dangerously close to plummeting off the edge into truly jeopardous territory.

US politics is a mess, but that mess has become very serious since the 1980's. Its incredibly divisive Team A and B dynamic ends up not helping most ordinary voters and is just a tool to manipulate a result which sees one of two incredibly similar political entities gain power.

What American politics truly needs is a range of parties to choose from and a situation that opens up the stage to more than an option between the "same and more of the same".

kenmm wrote: »
    I think Trump is a complete in it for himself, doesn't give a damn about anyone, all about his own self image muppet. He has shown few qualities that make him a leader.
    I also think he will win this election.

That doesn't mean I support Biden, the democrats or anything else to do with American politics.

This is the problem with polarisation and the way we are now grouping people. A dislike for one thing must therefore mean you would throw yourself on a sword for the other thing on offer. That's bullcrap.

Unfortunately though, people will often do just that. They decide that Tweedle Dum is the root of all evil and throw their entire lot behind Tweedle Dee.

The reality is, however, that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans represent the ordinary people of America. They believe that they are voting for a set of principles and end up with a party that doesn't truly support any of it. The Democrats and Republicans are now so similar that it's actually disturbing to see people think they are voting for complete opposites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Wow. Things are worse than expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExGofYTfuI

Okay Joe's never been the sharpest tool in the box but he did at the very least have some sort of energy and an ability to bring something to the table. This is now getting ridiculous and frankly indefensible.

I also have no time for people making fun of him. We are all gong to reach this stage in our life and it's up to us all to protect the vulnerable as they reach the later stages of their life. :(

Maybe try watching all of the 1 hour and 23 minutes of the question and answer part of the event:

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Maybe try watching all of the 1 hour and 23 minutes of the question and answer part of the event:

Were the clips ever so slightly slown down as well? It's not just mashing together and an 'amusing' soundtrack, there is lots of funk going on there

I half think Joe could be pulled before the debates..
    It's was always meant to be a Harris ticket anyway..

It's less than 2 weeks till the debates, Biden is polling really well. That's not gonna happen.

It's less than 2 weeks till the debates, Biden is polling really well. That's not gonna happen.

Yeah, but if he's a jibbering mess in one of the debates all that polling won't mean much..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,629 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This says more about you than it does about Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,757 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yeah, but if he's a jibbering mess in one of the debates all that polling won't mean much..

He just needs to have the right immunity and to stay focused and talk about what he knows and and he will be fine.

*See what I did there. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Wow. Things are worse than expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExGofYTfuI

Okay Joe's never been the sharpest tool in the box but he did at the very least have some sort of energy and an ability to bring something to the table. This is now getting ridiculous and frankly indefensible.

I also have no time for people making fun of him. We are all gong to reach this stage in our life and it's up to us all to protect the vulnerable as they reach the later stages of their life. :(

Do you honestly believe that that video has not been interfered with? Seriously, not having a pop here...not interested in petty points scoring, it rots the soul.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    This says more about you than it does about Biden.

Says more about the democratic party than anyone else..

Given the evidence presented do far, it would seem that to support that narrative one would have to be trading on naivety or have some other agenda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

He's not polling well at all. He's on average 8 points ahead across the board that was 11 points a few short weeks ago. Given Trump's performance that's pathetic. Clinton was 12 ahead going into polling day. The silent majority will get Trump re-elected mark my words.

Given the evidence presented do far, it would seem that to support that narrative one would have to be trading on naivity or have some other agenda.

What?.. like, I'm not particularly anti uncle Joe but he has been using a teleprompter..he has been seen to struggle on occasion..if he has a complete meltdown it could be bad..

What?.. like, I'm not particularly anti uncle Joe but he has been using a teleprompter..he has been seen to struggle on occasion..if he has a complete meltdown it could be bad..

The more videos I see, the less I agree with this.

The more videos I see, the less I agree with this.

Fair enough..it was just a thought really..

Fair enough..it was just a thought really..

He doesn't come across as the slickest of speakers, but he's not the incoherent mess he is being made out to be.

He seems to know what he is talking about most of the time, which is not bad for a politician.

Trump is pretty slick, but a lot if the time he completely misses the point (accidentally or deliberately or a mixture of both at different times).

That's my take on it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

He doesn't come across as the slickest of speakers, but he's not the incoherent mess he is being made out to be.

He seems to know what he is talking about most of the time, which is not bad for a politician.

Trump is pretty slick, but a lot if the time he completely misses the point (accidentally or deliberately or a mixture of both at different times).

That's my take on it anyway.

Trump can speak off the cuff for a couple of hours .
    Biden reads "end quote " from the teleprompter in error

No competition in my opinion. Biden -Harris ticket being referred to Harris-Biden multiple times for some reason

He's not polling well at all. He's on average 8 points ahead across the board that was 11 points a few short weeks ago. Given Trump's performance that's pathetic. Clinton was 12 ahead going into polling day. The silent majority will get Trump re-elected mark my words.

At the moment the 538 give him a 7 point lead. The peak with Clinton with them was 7.5 which is based on all polls. Thing is Biden is leading in key swing states that Clinton didn't even win. The election in 2016 was decided by effectively 40,000 in key swing states. They're not being ignored this time round.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't know.. I've seen him get confused a couple of times, and if there isn't the possibility of cutting to the anchor, or being guided by a follow up question, and it's just 20 seconds of him not knowing what's going on, everyone just kind of looking at each other..it could be bad..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement