Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

kenmm wrote: »
    He doesn't come across as the slickest of speakers, but he's not the incoherent mess he is being made out to be.

He seems to know what he is talking about most of the time, which is not bad for a politician.

Trump is pretty slick, but a lot if the time he completely misses the point (accidentally or deliberately or a mixture of both at different times).

That's my take on it anyway.

Trump will bully Joe into a diddering mess. Still have my doubts Joe will complete all 3 debates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,757 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump can speak off the cuff for a couple of hours .
    Biden reads "end quote " from the teleprompter in error

No competition in my opinion. Biden -Harris ticket being referred to Harris-Biden multiple times for some reason

Trump on his ambitions for his second term.

EbZ53wQWkAExka2.png

Just because there are words coming out of his mouth, does not mean there are is any merit to them.

Speaking off the cuff for a couple of hours with this level of intellect is a living example of empty vessels making most noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Trump can speak off the cuff for a couple of hours .
    Biden reads "end quote " from the teleprompter in error

No competition in my opinion. Biden -Harris ticket being referred to Harris-Biden multiple times for some reason

There's an idiot in my local who can speak off the cuff for hours too. I wouldn't trust him to be able to make a sandwich properly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Difficult to see how Trump can recover to win at this stage. He's behind in nearly all the swing states, about to get vastly outspent in the lead up to election day, and doesn't appear to have much good news to look forward to to turn things around.

The debates may be a chance to reset but if his embarrassing performance at the townhall discussion was anything to go by, it's hard to see a comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Trump will bully Joe into a diddering mess.

Nailed it. He likes bully boy tactics

Just what true leadership is all about, shouting down your opponent or filibustering them out of it..

• Advertisement

ollkiller wrote: »
    There's an idiot in my local who can speak off the cuff for hours too. I wouldn't trust him to be able to make a sandwich properly though.

ye - we all know the know it all type who can wax lyrical about any subject. Any subject, he or she will have advice on. Its still quantity over quality - but - these days - appearances go a long way.

The debates may be a chance to reset but if his embarrassing performance at the townhall discussion was anything to go by, it's hard to see a comeback.

They are only embarrassing if you have a sense of self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

You might consider why Donald Trump won the last time, he was not a member of the establishment and that is why the people who voted for him picked him over Hillary Clinton. It was a big F.U. to the elites of American society.

Consider this, how the current politics of Washington DC and the latest stimulus bill plays with the American public.

Pelosi’s Choice: Steal the Election or Be Destroyed
    Trump’s poll numbers are good. The internals, by racial sub-category, put him in the driver’s seat for the election. Biden cannot win most of the battleground states if Trump holds more than 15% of blacks and 25% of Hispanics. This is why Biden is coming out against the violence. In my opinion, it won’t work at all. Their entire strategy is focused on getting people to blame Trump and that isn’t working, now all they have is rearguard actions to shore up the places they are supposed to win to retain the House and challenge the election of voter fraud and mail-in ballots to delay certification.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Sad news that a patrolcar was shot at in virginia now. This is becoming a thing, shooting randomly at police. Terrorism.

After the pandemic the white people unemployment figures are coming down to nearly 8 per cent while the black unemployment figures are still double that.
    I didnt even know they measured these things.

Its being portayed as racism by some I dont know.

Have a huge number of businesses and employers in black areas been looted, burned or shutdown?
    Have people turned to rioting and looting full time?
    Are employers of all races looking at the news and seeing black lives matter smashing the place up and fearing black people? Are they saying it might be safer to hire a different person.

We dont know but Joe Biden doesnt seem to think there is a better way.

What I do know is that Trump will put everybody back to work once he is re elected and play time will be over.

A two phase vaccine is a few months away aparantly the democrats probably wont want to take it though.

First line is where I pretend to be sad about one particular news item.

I then go on to do a couple of paragraphs about how these individual news items may or may not be related to the democrats. If I want to appear to have empathy I might write the word sad again.

A couple of suggestions that this might be linked to Biden, being very careful in my choice of words as that way I am not committing to actually saying anything that may get me into trouble (oh no, not me sir! I am a good person!)

Couple of single lines and one more small dig and/or adoration for Trump.

Don't forget to emphasise the sadness of it all.

• Advertisement

Sorry - unrelated - that was just a wee poem I decided to write.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

ye - we all know the know it all type who can wax lyrical about any subject. Any subject, he or she will have advice on.

you mean like taxi drivers ? :D

you mean like taxi drivers ? :D

They'd get my vote - some of the ones I've met know *everything* and how to solve it!!

The fact remains that the democrats have been stoking this anti police sentiment for a while..

People shooting at cop cars is a consequence of that..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That townhall was a debacle, will be hard for Joe to make more of a spectacle.

The fact remains that the democrats have been stoking this anti police sentiment for a while..

I think there has been 'stoking' going on all over the place - look at the campaign videos with riot clips and menacing music etc.

It's no secret USA has issues with guns and both sides are using this for political gain (which they should be - but only in terms on how to resolve the issues - not finger pointing).

When they were burning the police stations there was no alternative.

When they were shooting at police they remained silent.

Whats to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

You might consider why Donald Trump won the last time, he was not a member of the establishment and that is why the people who voted for him picked him over Hillary Clinton. It was a big F.U. to the elites of American society.

Consider this, how the current politics of Washington DC and the latest stimulus bill plays with the American public.

Pelosi’s Choice: Steal the Election or Be Destroyed

I'm a bit confused. Trump was able to play the outsider / anti-establishment card in 2016 but in 2020 he's the incumbent president. He will obviously try to distance himself from the 200k deaths, and the recession and violence that is happening while he's president, but it's clearly an incoherent argument given that he's been in power for 4 years, he can't continue to "hurl from the ditch" at this stage.

I'm a bit confused. Trump was able to play the outsider / anti-establishment card in 2016 but in 2020 he's the incumbent president. He will obviously try to distance himself from the 200k deaths, and the recession and violence that is happening while he's president, but it's clearly an incoherent argument given that he's been in power for 4 years, he can't continue to "hurl from the ditch" at this stage.

Nah - its more like you just hurl so much sh!t in every direction than no one knows what way is up.

Mud sticks etc and he is the master of deflection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Exactly right. No bidenista ever talks about why voters picked Trump - a politically and militarily inexperienced candidate - in the first place.

Why would people vote for a such an unlikely candidate over someone with so much experience?

The answer to that is at the heart of whats wrong in the US, and evidence of this decay can be found in the way he has been treated over the past 4 years. Despite having learned well on the job and knocked out a good performance.

In the not to distant past ( ironically, the times when people sailed west from Europe to forge a new life for themselves in the New World ), the level of abuse he has received would have been considered treasonous.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

They'd get my vote - some of the ones I've met know *everything* and how to solve it!!

tell me about it, a couple of months ago, a taxi was beeping before it even got to my house.
    When I went out he said he was in a hurry.

I told him he is here to drive me, he is not doing me a favour, in fact i was doing him the favour by hiring him, he can piss off,. since he is in such a hurry. turned around and went back in home and rang another.

They are the hungriest feckers you could meet,
    All them experts on absolutely everything, and god fordid you want to stop to pick up an ederly person, or a disabled person, your dog, or even try get them to get their are out of the car when you are coming home with shopping and you see the frowns on the grubby greedy faces

Biker79 wrote: »
    Exactly right. No bidenista ever talks about why voters picked Trump - a politically and militarily inexperienced candidate - in the first place.

Why would people vote for a such an unlikely candidate over someone with so much experience?

The answer to that is at the heart of whats wrong in the US

With you up to that point.

tell me about it, a couple of months ago, a taxi was beeping before it even got to my house.
    When I went out he said he was in a hurry.

I told him he is here to drive me, he is not doing me a favour, in fact i was doing him the favour by hiring him, he can piss off,. since he is in such a hurry. turned around and went back in home and rang another.

They are the hungriest feckers you could meet,
    All them experts on absolutely everything, and god fordid you want to stop to pick up an ederly person, or a disabled person, your dog, or even try get them to get their are out of the car when you are coming home with shopping and you see the frowns on the grubby greedy faces

Its feck all to do with the thread - but cheered me up :-D

Telling someone to feck off and calling another - brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,362 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The idea that Trump and the Republicans are "anti establishment" is absolutely hilarious.

Trump - man of the people!

Trump - man of the people!

Man of the good people.

The workers, the people who abide by the law, the elderly they are all Trumps people.

The people in the middle east hoping for peace one day. They are Trumps people. They are starting to call him uncle Trump there

Man of the good people.

The workers, the people who abide by the law, the elderly they are all Trumps people.

The people in the middle east hoping for peace one day. They are Trumps people. They are starting to call him uncle Trump there

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Man of the good people.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,362 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Man of the good people.

^
    Pure zealotry.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^
    Pure zealotry.

I think its a wind up at this stage - need to stop feeding trolls - I am part of the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement