Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

People who shoot at police officers, people who burn businesses and police stations, people who cant advise their followers to stop rioting.

People in the middle east who dont want to embrace peace.

These arnt Trumps people.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Trump will bully Joe into a diddering mess. Still have my doubts Joe will complete all 3 debates.

Haha. You really don’t know Joe Biden if you think Trump will bully him.

Biden is the best one-on-one debater out there. If anything he’s more a bully when debating than Trump is, but Biden is able to do so with facts.

Watch his debate with Sanders only 6 months ago. Biden smoked him, and Sanders’ policies are so attractive and Biden ripped them apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Trumps People - will make a good title for his next TV show once hes out of the whitehouse!

A simple format where he just keeps bringing people on to say nice things about him. The ITV2 show can interview all the nasty ones and remind them why they didn't make it onto Trumps People.

The ones that do the best masturbation of his ego win a special prize.

Unfortunately its gonna be another 4 more years before that gets commissioned.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Haha. You really don’t know Joe Biden if you think Trump will bully him.

Biden is the best one-on-one debater out there. If anything he’s more a bully when debating than Trump is, but Biden is able to do so with facts.

Watch his debate with Sanders only 6 months ago. Biden smoked him, and Sanders’ policies are so attractive and Biden ripped them apart.

The problem is - that doesn't matter any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭coolbeans

kenmm wrote: »

Yeah, at this stage it's just monkeys on both sides throwing **** at each other. Whoever wins democracy is ****ed. One of the problems with simple, binary tribal politics is that most of the respective candidates' proponents have no interest in the truth, just one-upmanship.

• Advertisement

coolbeans wrote: »
    Yeah, at this stage it's just monkeys on both sides throwing **** at each other. Whoever wins democracy is ****ed. One of the problems with simple, binary tribal politics is that most of the respective candidate's proponents have no interest in the truth, just one-upmanship.

Including here.. and I include myself in that - but here its a random internet forum - I am not running for office anywhere (currently at least!)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Nah - its more like you just hurl so much sh!t in every direction than no one knows what way is up.

Mud sticks etc and he is the master of deflection.

That's the way it's gone alright. No facts anymore. Just hurl enough nonsense out there and keep everyone confused.

On another note is it that hard to notice if a video has been edited or not. Why resort to that level.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Actually, in a setting where there is no live audience it does matter a lot, as Trumps hooping and hollering idiots won’t drown anything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Actually, in a setting where there is no live audience it does matter a lot, as Trumps hooping and hollering idiots won’t drown anything out.

You mean the deplorables ?

That must go down as one of the greatest verbal gaffes in history. As well as being completely false, given conservatives overall higher general intelligence.

It's all about the post debate game tho - the snippets, the adverts, the twisting.

The debates themselves arent important - its the summaries and opinion pieces that follow.

I am pretty sure not that many people will watch them (not fully), but the snippets will be tweeted and retweeted and doctored and shown on every news bulletin ad nauseum.

Depending on what your chosen echo chamber of choice is - that's all you will see.

• Advertisement

Biker79 wrote: »

That must go down as one of the greatest verbal gaffes in history. As well as being completely false, given conservatives overall higher general intelligence.

So much so that you must feel the need to assert that at every opportunity?

That too would be seen as vulgar (but it's not really true anyway, so irrelevant).

Smart people don't need to tell others that they're smart. It's usually self evident. Reductio ad absurdum.

There is a lot of self evidential posting going on in this thread :-D

There is a lot of self evidential posting going on in this thread :-D

It's a larff innih.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Haha, where did you garner that particular nugget from? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It was a simple gaff but the damage was in that it confirmed a perception and belief.

Like Thornberry in England with her tweet it just confirmed that the default position now in both parties was of despising the working class, snobbery and arrogance.

For many in both parties that is now a badge of honour.

Smart people don't need to tell others that they're smart. It's usually self evident. Reductio ad absurdum.

Nor do they have the demeanour of a sarcastic teenager.

( Unless they are one? )

Nor do they have the demeanour of a sarcastic teenager.

( Unless they are one? )

Petty insults? Surely you can do better with all your brains...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just watched the Trump townhall. He handled it well and held his own. Making sure to get some good points in there that he needed to.

Now can we see Biden do a townhall with hostile undecided voters and an unfriendly cantankerous interrupting moderator.

Yeah, won't hold my breath.

It's a larff innih.

Evidently
    Just watched the Trump townhall. He handled it well and held his own. Making sure to get some good points in there that he needed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

People who shoot at police officers, people who burn businesses and police stations, people who cant advise their followers to stop rioting.

You do know this happend in Republican areas too right?
    People in the middle east who dont want to embrace peace.

These arnt Trumps people.

Ahhh the Republicans want to have peace in the middle East, after starting the wars that made the ME what it is today :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

yeah....america never bombed the sh1t out of brown people under the democrats.

oh wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

yeah....america never bombed the sh1t out of brown people under the democrats.

oh wait....

Where has that been claimed?

Danzy wrote: »
    It was a simple gaff but the damage was in that it confirmed a perception and belief.

Like Thornberry in England with her tweet it just confirmed that the default position now in both parties was of despising the working class, snobbery and arrogance.

For many in both parties that is now a badge of honour.

I don't know. Historically there was much greater social cohesion..before the deterioration of the left into what is now ' wokeness ' ( Antifa\ BLM\Rights activism, etc etc ).

When did that start? Arguably around 2005 but perhaps the trajectory originated from the late 60s.

Not particular to the US/ UK either...Fintan O'Toole ( stalwarth of the Irish working classes ) has being class baiting for quite a while now.

' The Psychology and Rise of the Midwit ' is most likely the answer.

I would have more faith in conservatives in terms of social cohesion.Its rooted in generations of established tradition. The atheism of the liberal elite is where the nihilism tends to be, and HRC remarks exposed that for eternity. She knew it too. There was never any comeback from that.

Petty insults? Surely you can do better with all your brains...

Why would you deserve any more? All you do is randomly drop in to discussions to deliver a dollop of misanthropy/ sarcasm, and then disappear.

Whats all that about? Got nothing to say?

I don't know. Historically there was much greater social cohesion..before the deterioration of the left into what is now ' wokeness ' ( Antifa\ BLM\Rights activism, etc etc ).

When did that start? Arguably around 2005 but perhaps the trajectory originated from the late 60s.

Not particular to the US/ UK either...Fintan O'Toole ( stalwarth of the Irish working classes ) has being class baiting for quite a while now.

I would have more faith in conservatives in terms of social cohesion.Its rooted in generations of established tradition. The atheism of the liberal elite is where the nihilism tends to be, and HRC remarks exposed that for eternity. She knew it too. There was never any comeback from that.

Your post has a lot of words alright, but I mustn't posses the higher intellectual abilities required to understand it.

Why would you deserve any more? All you do is randomly drop in to discussions to deliver a dollop of misanthropy/ sarcasm, and then disappear.

Whats all that about? Got nothing to say?

So personal, what's your beef? Regards the rest I just say what I see, there's no point in debating with someone who can't debate but instead prefers to vaunt how smart their tribe is just like a school kid in the playground. It's juvenile and I won't be dragged down to that level. If you were in any way intellectually honest, I'd make more of an effort, but you're not, so I don't. Simple really. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Tony EH wrote: »
    The idea that Trump and the Republicans are "anti establishment" is absolutely hilarious.

For the millionth time, its the 'accuse others of that which you are guilty' strategy.

I lost money on Trump being elected 4 years ago. Didn't think he was going to do it. Didn't think Brexit was going to be voted for either.

The events in both the UK and the USA since both things happened is why I didn't think they would/should. Find it very interesting how some look at both things and say that they want more of the same.

Not putting any money on this time, but still hoping a lesson has been learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Actually, the evidence is that conservative people are the brightest. Which is why they end up in positions of responsibility/ authority ( discounting the deep state swamp of course ...but these are low value technocratic positions , to be fair ). This has been the pattern throughout history. Wokeness is only a recent ' development ' . It never would have survived prior to the industrial revolution.

The science on this is compelling. I doubt you will like it though. We all know lefites are very selective about the scientific facts they support.

You should be grateful for the success of conservatism . Without that, wokeness would have not survived Darwinian selection.

Yet more content from you with no fact other than your blathering. Of course, this is how you post.

Got anything to back up 'the science on this compelling?' Other than, you know, the face in the mirror telling you that?

Bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Class discrimination.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement