Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Class discrimination.

2000 years of Judaeo Christian heritage. You know - the values and traditions the built civilisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Biker79 wrote: »
    2000 years of Judaeo Christian heritage. You know - the values and traditions the built civilisation?

Weren't the Romans in charge for the first 400 years or so of that? Did a pretty good job civilization-wise for awhile till the lead in the pipes messed with their brains.

And after what, about AD 1000, Islam came along with all that mathematics and astronomy stuff, so that contributed to civilisation as well.

Jewish tradition far predates Christian tradition. Christian tradition is lifted from it, and pagan precursors as well.

But again, you're not answering the questions you're being asked. You claim facts without backing them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I wonder why you like it.
    Yet the “Judeo-Christian tradition” excluded not only Muslims, Native Americans, and other non-Western religious communities, but also atheists and secularists of all persuasions. American Jews themselves were reluctant adopters. After centuries of Christian anti-Semitic persecution and philo-Semitic fantasies of Jewish conversion, many eyed the award of an honorary hyphen with suspicion. Even some anti-communist politicians themselves recognized the concept as ill-suited to America’s postwar quest for global primacy in a decolonizing world.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,627 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I mean you're talking about a culture that whitewashed their own savior

Oh for God's sake..

• Advertisement

Oh for God's sake..

That was a central part of the identification and alliance process alright.

That was a central part of the identification and alliance process alright.

I'd be wasting my time trying to argue with you..

Its funny - everytime I make a comment surrounding the wider issues of the political divide, its met with the same blast of nihilism that we've all come to expect now.

Trump is certainly familiar with it.

HRC embodied it with her remarks before quietly heading off into the sunset..

I wont be providing any supporting information, as it will only derail the thread. By all means start another one though, and I'll contribute.

' ID politics & The Decline of The West - Discuss '

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Its funny - everytime I make a comment surrounding the wider issues of the political divide, its met with the same blast of nihilism that we've all come to expect now.

I wont be providing any supporting information, as it will only derail the thread. By all means start another one though, and I'll contribute.

When did HRC head into the sunset, she is still accusing anyone who isn't in her pocket of being a Russian agent....

One thing to bear in mind, Democrats or their wives, never head into the sunset after leaving office....god forbid the party allow itself to produce a new candidate.

Providing supporting information might not derail the thread, hard to say, it'll be a new leaf for you.

But, do feel free to start your own thread. Don't be lazy and want someone else to do your work for you (a theme from your postings BTW)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Seems Trump intervened and with thanks to the advances in testing which have come under his presidency managed to convince the american footballers to get their league going again.

Truly great news.

People need sports and if it can be done safely is much more enjoyable to look at instead of riots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Seems Trump intervened and with thanks to the advances in testing which have come under his presidency managed to convince the american footballers to get their league going again.

Truly great news.

People need sports and if it can be done safely is much more enjoyable to look at instead of riots.

I can see the spin now...."Trump forces innocent footballers to play whilst covid is on"

Top notch pageantry after LSU head coach announced most all of their team has gotten Covid-19. :rolleyes:

I can see the spin now...."Trump forces innocent footballers to play whilst covid is on"

The spin was in the post you read. I mean look at it.

Truly great news.

Meanwhile.

https://twitter.com/laurenpeikoff/status/1306275325186277381

Igotadose wrote: »
    Providing supporting information might not derail the thread, hard to say, it'll be a new leaf for you.

But, do feel free to start your own thread. Don't be lazy and want someone else to do your work for you (a theme from your postings BTW)

I'm not the one demanding ' proof ' ...and I wont feel free to start my own thread.

It'll only be hijacked and ruined by nihilists, sarcastic teenagers and people ill with WOKEID-19/ Trump Derangement Syndrome ( hopefully they are not ill with both simultaneously )

Happy to contribute, if you decide to. Enjoy the rest of your evening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

For the millionth time, its the 'accuse others of that which you are guilty' strategy.

Are you kidding me, that's the hallmark of the left.

Like, for example, when Hillary moaned Trump wouldn't accept the result of the election, then she didn't even come out and face her supporters that night. Been refusing to accept the result ever since. Then of course there was the accusation that Trump colluded with Russia to fix the election when all along twas Hillary that paid for a dossier (that used Russian sources) within which there were lies (Russian misinformation) about Trump hiring prostitutes to urinate on one another in a bed Obama slept in.
    I lost money on Trump being elected 4 years ago. Didn't think he was going to do it. Didn't think Brexit was going to be voted for either.

Not putting any money on this time, but still hoping a lesson has been learned.

Wait. YOU lost money betting on the Brexit vote and backing Trump to lose and yet you're hoping that OTHER people learned lessons?? :pac:

What we do know is that if it is a Harris/Biden loss, there will be mayhem on the streets of the US.

"But Hillary!"

Christ, it is Two Thousand Twenty, correct?

The spin was in the post you read. I mean look at it.

Meanwhile.

https://twitter.com/laurenpeikoff/status/1306275325186277381

The university president eh, he would never admit to Trump support.

It wasnt just Trump involved in his campaign to get the football back, coaches, players, school children, amateur teams all wanted to get on board with it. Its good that it wont be made political though, last time we had a political movement in football it started a campaign that while maybe well meaning at the start became sinister and its certainly not just about equality any more.

Overheal wrote: »
    "But Hillary!"

Ya you'd think she would exit the stage back in 2016 with a bit of dignity when she lost the nomination to Saunders.

Here she is only last month, telling Biden not to concede the election under any circumstances.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hillary-clinton-says-biden-should-not-concede-2020-election-under-n1238156

Classy stuff!!

• Advertisement

Truly great news.

You miss the part where he went on to slam the NFL for supporting players that knelt during the anthem? Yeah truly great news there.

"But Hillary!"

Ah distancing themselves from their last leader.

Ah no that was ages ago the parties werent the same then.

Funnily enough I remember democrats saying that whenever the civil war gets brought up as well. The democrats that didnt want to end slavery werent racists, black people couldnt vote then so they didnt have to pretend to care for them.

Ya you'd think she would exit the stage back in 2016 with a bit of dignity when she lost the nomination to Saunders.

Here she is only last month, telling Biden not to concede the election under any circumstances.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hillary-clinton-says-biden-should-not-concede-2020-election-under-n1238156

Classy stuff!!

Good for her. Trump has given every indication he will contest this election right out the gate and his administration has done quite a bit to ensure the election is disrupted as much as possible, which includes Trump encouraging millions of Americans to commit voter fraud.

Good for her. Trump has given every indication he will contest this election right out the gate and his administration has done quite a bit to ensure the election is disrupted as much as possible, which includes Trump encouraging millions of Americans to commit voter fraud.

That is why she is being mentioned despite being 2020....you asked why is she being mentioned in 2020...she hasn't gone away you know...it's a indicator on how morrally bankrupt the leadership of the Democratic party is in my view, how they couldn't produce a credible candidate to take on a reality tv star is a mystery to very few.

You'd have thought that a failed presidential candidate who stole the nomination off a fellow contestant, who blew an enormous sum of money on a campaign that was supported by the media and celebrity industry in the US would have a little bit of grace and stop accusing people of being Russian agents and provoking potentially a serious conflict.

Trump is no better for what it is worth.

That is why she is being mentioned despite being 2020....you asked why is she being mentioned in 2020...

All the gripes listed were about 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Just watched the Trump townhall. He handled it well and held his own. Making sure to get some good points in there that he needed to.

Are you sure you were weren't watching something else? The news perhaps? Matlock?

If that's really your idea of handling it well, you have a very low bar. Would you not consider spinning the narrative that the poor guy was ambushed? It's a bit more credible than "He handled it well". I'm not sure even FOX would think their audience is gullible enough to believe that and they have absolute contempt for them.

Ah distancing themselves from their last leader.

Ah no that was ages ago the parties werent the same then.

Funnily enough I remember democrats saying that whenever the civil war gets brought up as well. The democrats that didnt want to end slavery werent racists, black people couldnt vote then so they didnt have to pretend to care for them.

Of course they want people to forget how atrocious hilary was.
    So bad Trump could get in ahead of her.

And if biden loses to Trump I bet in 4 years time the people promoting biden will be trying to distance themselves from biden

Just watched the Trump townhall. He handled it well and held his own. Making sure to get some good points in there that he needed to.

Which points did you find particularly good?

And if biden loses to Trump I bet in 4 years time the people promoting biden will be trying to distance themselves from biden

Biden will not last 4 years. If he does get in....within months, there will be some drama and he will resign/ step down. Harris will step up and look around for a VP...and oh look, there's AOC waiting in the wings, with her unique brand of militant left fervour. Just the person to represent the views of the Antifa\BLM\Cult Of Woke brigade.

Things will then start to get really ropey. This is why people have to vote for Trump.

• Advertisement

it must really irk the trump haters that a trump supporter has as much right as a democrat lover and each person regardless of color, sex or creed has the same voting privileges

I read on here how Trump has let the people down.....would these be the people that voted for trump first time round ?
    What if those people and others vote for trump again...would that not show that people were happy with what he has done ?

will the people suddenly be idiots for voting for Trump or are they only idiots if they dont vote for the democrats ?

The fact that people think Trump has a chance of re election shows me 2 things.
    1. How pathetic a candidate biden is, ...is this really the best the democrat party can muster up ? Seriously ?

2. American politics, the voting system, etc is in the gutter...America needs a strong third party

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement