Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

During Covid lockdown I may have missed a lot of things but could someone PLEASE tell me why the Dems decided on an elderly man to lead them in. I honestly just don't get it.

Old people. There's a lot of them and they vote.

I think he will win unless there is voter fraud by the Democrats. Trump will be a disaster for another 4 years but the alternative is even worse. America facing some tough times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Danzy wrote: »
    They wanted someone who would beat Sanders in the primary, due to a woeful selection, a man with early dementia was the winner.

Oh here we go, the boards doctors are out in force again with their expert diagnosis:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Where is that happening?

How is it relevant to the thread?

Well you don't need to look far around you to see how well America is at exporting their 'culture'.. feck knows what is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The country is more divided than ever.

Big gap between the rich and the poor.

I hope Biden wins it but I have a feeling he will be too laidback to tackle the problems America faces.

• Advertisement

I think he will win unless there is voter fraud by the Democrats. Trump will be a disaster for another 4 years but the alternative is even worse. America facing some tough times ahead.

The alternative is worse? The democrats are so bad that a proven liar, who is barely even able to form coherent sentences, unable to interpret basic facts and figures, probably has at least one major personality disorder and gets by by trading on slogans and causing fights between different groups is better?

Cmon, you don't actually believe that this puppet of a figure is the best choice out there?

(I think he will win or if it looks like he won't, he will step down or come up with some lame excuse)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ah now you honestly think the democrats are more likely to commit voter fraud than the Republicans?
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-robert-duncan-usps-super-pac_n_5f4dafa9c5b64f17e141d8a7

That's not to mention the extreme gerrymandering....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

I think Trump will just about shade it. Republicans usually have a more solid voter base and don't have to appeal to such a wider audience.

Biden is not a good candidate, also. They Dems messed that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

How much more would he have won by if they ran Sanders over Biden I wonder?

They wanted someone who would beat Sanders in the primary, due to a woeful selection, a man with early dementia was the winner.

Early dementia Vs NPD at least, what a time to be alive!

Edit: neither has been proven, some mental health professionals have speculated on Trump and his behaviour is consistent with narcissistic disorders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brentanrodgers

briany wrote: »
    if we cannot deal in hard facts

Indeed - the first 2-3 years of Russian conspiracy theories on social media and in the mainstream media did the Presidency no favours.

gmisk wrote: »
    Ah now you honestly think the democrats are more likely to commit voter fraud than the Republicans?
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-robert-duncan-usps-super-pac_n_5f4dafa9c5b64f17e141d8a7

Especially as they have allready started to f*ck over the post office to try and get a head start :pac:

Two guys who are probably 3 or 4 years away from the dementia ward. How can America not find two better candidates than this.

gmisk wrote: »

Besides, even the very topic of voter fraud is a weak attempt at subterfuge and noise making (at best) and also very handy excuse for a sore loser (and on the off chance that he runs AND looses, is will be the biggest exhibition of toys from pram throwing tantrums the world has seen).

Voter fraud is actually very low. It's just another thing that gets trotted out that people lazily parrot without checking and gets disproportionate air time. But why let facts spoil things.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

It's hard to know.

I think Biden will win because Hillary beat Trump on popular vote and she was a terrible candidate and Trump said all the right things.

Now we've seen what Trump can do I don't know if he'll get the votes required. I don't really know how he's perceived over there on the ground. The tax cuts were well received by a lot of Americans.

I hope Trump does it.

It's a win win for me either way. Either Trump wins or Sleepy Joe wins and we get 4 years of him making gaffes and being openly racist. And then at the end of the 4 years when same problems exist I'll be able roll out the proof that Trump wasn't the problem. Remember BLM started during Bidens tenure.

Imagine if BLM was started under Trumps tenure. We'd be hearing how he was the reason for it. Yet no one says Obama/Biden was the reason for it.

When is the first debate? I can't wait. Joey is going to be dominated by Trump.

kenmm wrote: »
    Besides, even the very topic of voter fraud is a weak attempt at subterfuge and noise making (at best) and also very handy excuse for a sore loser (and on the off chance that he runs AND looses, is will be the biggest exhibition of toys from pram throwing tantrums the world has seen).

Voter fraud is actually very low. It's just another thing that gets trotted out that people lazily parrot without checking and gets disproportionate air time. But why let facts spoil things.

I really doubt voter fraud is that low.

In Ireland how many polling cards are sent out to dead people each time?? Loads. And that's Ireland, a small country that should be easy to get right.

Say what you want about Trump but the mans energy is something else for a man of 74. He's non stop, on the go the whole time. His daily updates on coronavirus went on for HOURS.

Meanwhile Sleepy hasn't even left his basement.

I really doubt voter fraud is that low.

In Ireland how many polling cards are sent out to dead people each time?? Loads. And that's Ireland, a small country that should be easy to get right.

Go look at the numbers.
    'loads' doesn't count.
    Note, I haven't looked at Irish cards sent to the dead, but I'm willing to bet it's statistically irrelevant. Especially ones that are then fraudulently used.

You backed up my point perfectly tho, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Two guys who are probably 3 or 4 years away from the dementia ward. How can America not find two better candidates than this.

Cannot be ageist, cannot be black, cannot speak up for females, cannot say anything now.

Anyway FOUR MORE YEARS beckons of Trump and his coterie, but if that's what is decided so be it.

If Trump wins Ivanka is on the stumps pretty quickly and the groundwork is being done by Daddy now I think.

Onwards we go with an idiot Twitter President who actually has good advisers in the long run. I THINK!

Are they going to have any televised debates? Wonder will Biden try to sniff Trumps hair? He likes a good sniff at hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Oh here we go, the boards doctors are out in force again with their expert diagnosis:rolleyes:

Seriously, literally two hours ago you were posting in the thread.
    He's four years older than Trump, meanwhile Trump is showing signs of a stroke.

So what is it, internet diagnosis are :rolleyes: when it's Biden but internet diagnosis are grand for Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Trump has the support of the public service, the grey vote and the far right. No matter how much the business owners pretend to want equality for all they wont want this rioting. Their staff want peace and quiet above minimum wage level. Secretly a huge amount of red votes are going to be blue votes. They may even cry and call foul when the blues win but id say a huge amount of red will be petrified at how out of control it is and will want stability and vote blue in private.

They will keep their dreads and hemp trousers but will vote trump or not vote atall, maybe even vote none of the above then go back to partying with their other liberal buddies who also pretended to vote for joe .

By the time election roles around the only people who will want biden to win will be welfare recipients and criminals. They probably wont actually vote.

It will be a bloodbath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Say what you want about Trump but the mans energy is something else for a man of 74. He's non stop, on the go the whole time. His daily updates on coronavirus went on for HOURS.

Meanwhile Sleepy hasn't even left his basement.

Come on mannnnnn!!!

Seriously, literally two hours ago you were posting in the thread.

So what is it, internet diagnosis are :rolleyes: when it's Biden but internet diagnosis are grand for Trump?

nah, its trending #1 on twitter, stories coming out that Pence was told to go on standby when Trump was rushed to Walter Reed, This story isn't going away, Trump is trying to quell it but failing miserably (as he does with everything)

Love this ad

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1300826360873537537?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

briany wrote: »
    . . . That's where America is right now, and other parts of the western world are following suit to varying extents.

Those are only concerns of the echo chamber that is the twitter verse. American voters concerns in no particular order and are all intertwined to a greater or lesser extent depending on their party alignment under the following subjects.

1. Jobs and economic prospects. (especially with the COVID shutdowns)
    2. Healthcare.
    3. Social security.
    4. Immigration
    5. Taxation.
    6. Cost of living.

Other concerns but ranked lower priority are automation killing jobs (i.e. learn to code), Guns, Abortion, Pollution & environment, Crime & personal safety, the military, education debt, drug addiction and poverty.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

a man with early dementia was the winner.
    You cannot back this up, so please don't state your personal views as facts

Do not reply to this warning in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

nah, its trending #1 on twitter, stories coming out that Pence was told to go on standby when Trump was rushed to Walter Reed, This story isn't going away, Trump is trying to quell it but failing miserably (as he does with everything)

Love this ad

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1300826360873537537?s=19

It's internet doctor ing whatever the source, like at the start of the pandemic it was trending in Twitter that black people were resistant to Covid-19 because of high melalin levels ,in case you've not heard, it's been hammering BAME communities in the real world, but it's a good example of how accurate woke Twitter is in terms of medicine.

It's internet doctor ing whatever the source, like at the start of the pandemic it was trending in Twitter that black people were resistant to Covid-19 because of high melalin levels ,in case you've not heard, it's been hammering BAME communities in the real world, but it's a good example of how accurate woke Twitter is in terms of medicine.

I suppose its karma on Trump for all his idiotic claims about Bidens health, the more he squirms and has to issue denials the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Trump will win, i like him, i think he's been the best POTUS since possibly Reagan.

You only have to blame the democrats though, 2 elections and they've put Clinton and now Biden up against him, don't they want to win??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭briany

If Trump supporters look at the gaffes of Biden and come to the conclusion that he has dementia, then why don't they look at the litany of Trump gaffes and come to the same conclusion? If it were Biden who'd said in a speech that the Revolutionary Army took over airports, you can bet that they'd be all over it and pretty much saying that Biden needs to drop out of the race on the grounds of being mentally unfit. But that Trump said it? Hardly a peep.

You can't have it both ways on the matter, and if you try then really you're just displaying clear confirmation bias.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement