Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

briany wrote: »
    If Trump supporters look at the gaffes of Biden and come to the conclusion that he has dementia, then why don't they look at the litany of Trump gaffes and come to the same conclusion? If it were Biden who'd said in a speech that the Revolutionary Army took over airports, you can bet that they'd be all over it and pretty much saying that Biden needs to drop out of the race on the grounds of being mentally unfit. But that Trump said it? Hardly a peep.

You can't have it both ways on the matter, and if you try then really you're just displaying clear confirmation bias.

This is exactly what it is, they refuse to comment on Trumps constant gaffes, I posted a video of him making slip up after slip up while reading from the teleprompter and they ignore it, Biden gives a great speech, fluffs one sentence and they are all calling for him to be put into care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

This is exactly what it is, they refuse to comment on Trumps constant gaffes, I posted a video of him making slip up after slip up while reading from the teleprompter and they ignore it, Biden gives a great speech, fluffs one sentence and they are all calling for him to be put into care.

Fake news, innit.

Edit: seriously, it was a Fu(king master stroke to destabilise the belief in the media in such a way. Credit where is due, tactically it worked well.
    Unfortunately I'd prefer politics to be about policy and leadership.

kenmm wrote: »
    Fake news, innit

They just refuse to see the evidence before their eyes, It's interesting seeing how deeply the cult has penetrated their minds though.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Hope he wins. Granted he has made terrible decisions over the past 12 months but its rather scary the path Democrats are on. It would be as bad as Mary Loo becoming Taoiseach if Biden won.

Would it really?
    How the **** can a misogynistic sh!t stirring buffoon be thought of as a world leader. The place has gone mad. None of his behaviour should be acceptable, never mind as the person representing the highest office in the land

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JKnoxer

2nd election in a row that Trump isnt the best but the least worse.

Wins by a landslide thanks to the Dems getting into bed with the likes of Antifa and BLM rioters,normal Joe soap Americans arent liking their cities being looted and burned.

• Advertisement

JKnoxer wrote: »
    Americans arent liking their cities being looted and burned.

That's exactly why Trump does more to stoke the fire than show real leadership and try and resolve some of the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

sabat wrote: »
    Biden looks like he's been pumped full of enough meds to enable him to read out a few inane talking points. Trump win imo.

What I dont understand is the Democrats had 4 years to get a standout character - an Obama - I like Biden, but they really needed a dynamic 40 something , and the best they could come up with was Biden - but still think Biden will win, Trump has been shown up this year for what he is , if the election was last year - he would have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

That's exactly why Trump does more to stoke the fire than show real leadership and try and resolve some of the issues.

He can do nothing if the Governors or Mayors refuse to ask for Federal help, if he does anything he is accused of being a fascist....problem is, Americans aren't as dumb as some people on this thread think.

You had very prominent Democrats encouraging people to donate to bail out violent rioters back in June....

https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp&ei=b8dOX-qvKPq61fAP79m_wAU&q=kamala+harris+encourages+people+to+donate+to+bail+for+protesters&oq=kamala+harris+encourages+people+to+donate+to+bail+for+protesters&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoLCC4QsQMQgwEQkwI6CAguELEDEIMBOgUILhCxAzoECAAQAzoICC4QsQMQkwI6AggAOgUIABCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguELEDEMcBEK8BOgIILjoICAAQCBANEB46CAghEBYQHRAeUIkBWLSbAWDbnQFoA3AAeACAAbQBiAH3NpIBBTMxLjM0mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiqo56V_cjrAhV6XRUIHe_sD1gQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

The Democrats are doomed, they only have themselves to blame!

He can do nothing if the Governors or Mayors refuse to ask for Federal help, if he does anything he is accused of being a fascist....problem is, Americans aren't as dumb as some people on this thread think.

You had very prominent Democrats encouraging people to donate to bail out violent rioters back in June....

https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp&ei=b8dOX-qvKPq61fAP79m_wAU&q=kamala+harris+encourages+people+to+donate+to+bail+for+protesters&oq=kamala+harris+encourages+people+to+donate+to+bail+for+protesters&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoLCC4QsQMQgwEQkwI6CAguELEDEIMBOgUILhCxAzoECAAQAzoICC4QsQMQkwI6AggAOgUIABCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguELEDEMcBEK8BOgIILjoICAAQCBANEB46CAghEBYQHRAeUIkBWLSbAWDbnQFoA3AAeACAAbQBiAH3NpIBBTMxLjM0mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiqo56V_cjrAhV6XRUIHe_sD1gQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

The Democrats are doomed, they only have themselves to blame!

Didnt Trump offer to pay legal costs for people breaking the law?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMiyDAroWik

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hi_thur_folks

I don’t have time to go through every page but look up BlazeTV trump hot mic on YouTube
    Seems like a nice guy. For sure it could be set up judge for yourselves. In any case a different side of him than orange man bad that we usually see

Edit: my opinion on the thread - yes I think he might. Whether that’s good for America I don’t know. He’d be my preference if I could vote tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

briany wrote: »
    If Trump supporters look at the gaffes of Biden and come to the conclusion that he has dementia, then why don't they look at the litany of Trump gaffes and come to the same conclusion? If it were Biden who'd said in a speech that the Revolutionary Army took over airports, you can bet that they'd be all over it and pretty much saying that Biden needs to drop out of the race on the grounds of being mentally unfit. But that Trump said it? Hardly a peep.

lol Hardly a peep?? Every gaff that Trump has made has resulted in a CNN special ffs.

And whether or not Trump has dementia or not was a topic for years in reaction to his gaffes also.

Same folk lose their minds though when the same conversation is had with regards to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Should be an option for he will loose, but refuse to yield power by claiming the election was a fix.

He’s already built the wall round the white House in preparation for this.

_Brian wrote: »
    Should be an option for he will loose, but refuse to yield power by claiming the election was a fix.

Isn't that what the Democrats did last time out?

Isn't that what the Democrats did last time out?

Trump has already claimed that the only way he will lose is if the election is rigged.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Would it really?
    How the **** can a misogynistic sh!t stirring buffoon be thought of as a world leader. The place has gone mad. None of his behaviour should be acceptable, never mind as the person representing the highest office in the land

Obviously you feel the same about Clinton, getting a blowjob in the Oval office isn't exactly the thing to be doing either

_Brian wrote: »

I half expected him to stand down with some BS excuse if the polls were bad (I could have won it of course, but business is my true calling etc or using his dead brother or some other dick move) but we are too close to election and he thinks he can win it (and I think with just enough smear and trickery he will) - but on the chance that he doesn't, then expect a full narcissistic meltdown - it will be interesting at least!

Would it really?
    Obviously you feel the same about Clinton, getting a blowjob in the Oval office isn't exactly the thing to be doing either

Exactly. And he was rightly fired for it.

Trump has already claimed that the only way he will lose is if the election is rigged.

I am aware of what he has said, and it is dangerous rhetoric.

What we do know is that the Democrats have claimed that the last election was a fix....we do know their supporters rioted in US cities after the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

I don't think anybody will win on November the 3rd.

America is on the brink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭neutral guy

I remember Ireland minister of foreign affairs telling us about Assad used poison
    Since that day I stopped believe ANY news In Ireland
    What we know about Trump except "fake news" tell us ?
    ,........ Nothing
    Trump " antiimigrant wall" yesterday
    And BLM protests today
    Will make Trump president No Problem !
    Trump is the president who did not start any new war in world !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Connacht15

Will he actually gain any extra voters from last time out when he lost the popular vote by over 3 Million votes? I think not.

Will The Democrats get their minority supporters out to vote in the key swing states this time which effectively cost them last time out? Probably.

I can't verify this but I have heard the last winning Democrat President to win the White Voter Demographic was LBJ in 64!

Trump is using a very basic important and powerful psychological tactic -
    Fear of loss will always be greater than the promise of gain!

Is it safe to remove those cloves of garlic from around your neck yet? Absolutely not!

Connacht15 wrote: »
    Will he actually gain any extra voters from last time out when he lost the popular vote by over 3 Million votes? I think not.

Will The Democrats get their minority supporters out to vote in the key swing states this time which effectively cost them last time out? Probably.

I can't verify this but I have heard the last winning Democrat President to win the White Voter Demographic was LBJ in 64!

Trump is using a very basic important and powerful psychological tactic -
    Fear of loss will always be greater than the promise of gain!

Is it safe to remove those cloves of garlic from around your neck yet? Absolutely not!

I like Trump who try make America Strong Again !
    And many people in USA like it !
    Also today we can see huge fake news activity !
    Does news are not FAKE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The incumbent does not have to say anything about his opponent at all.

Anyway I reckon Trump is in for FOUR MORE YEARS.

The Democrats are fkd now.

I really wish it were otherwise but it won't be. And I think the Dems know it now. Idiots not having a younger dynamic person on the ticket. What were they thinking?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Batmannn

Uncle Joe will win by the slimmest of margins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Say what you want about Trump but the mans energy is something else for a man of 74. He's non stop, on the go the whole time. His daily updates on coronavirus went on for HOURS.

Meanwhile Sleepy hasn't even left his basement.

Trump's energy, lol. Yeah, he sure can stand around and play a lot of golf for a man of his...considerable girth. The very picture of health!

Meanwhile, here's Joe: https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1292155024148226049

No recent visits to Walter Reed hospital either, as far as I'm aware.

Perhaps you watch nothing other than Fox news, but Joe Biden has made many speeches and appearances. He just prefers not to endanger Americans by holding public rallies. For that, he should be commended, not mocked.

Regarding the upcoming election, Trump has his base, many of whom will vote for him regardless and the Dems have their base who will vote for their candidate regardless.

The key to most elections in the U.S. is getting ahead in the all important swing states. Hillary won the popular vote by almost 3 million, but lost the electoral college. Had she won Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan, she would have been the first female U.S president.

All the Dems need to do is win back two or three of the swing states and they're home and dry. I think they WILL win them because:

1: Biden's not Hillary. Not only was she viewed as an unlikeable candidate (woman) by many, but she had the legacy issue of just being a Clinton. The email controversy which was sprung on her just weeks before the election just served to increase the mistrust that many swing voters may have already held for her.

2. Trump was a novelty last time round. I suspect many voters took a punt on him wondering what an anti establishment candidate might do for them and the country as a whole. He sure talked a good game! His record of the last four years, however, speaks for itself. Trump's America is no longer a curiosity, but a reality. Perhaps some of those voters actually think their punt paid off, but many will not.

3. Disenfranchised Bernie voters. Ok, he got knocked out of the running again this time around, but there appears to be a lot less anger about it this time around and much less resistance from his supporters to vote for 'the other guy' than there was in 2016, especially given the alternative. Last time, a great many 'Bernie Bros'' either refrained from voting or went for a third party candidate in protest to what they saw as the DNC screwing their guy over. For example, Gary Johnson won 4.5 million votes (3.7%) and Jill Stein won 1.45 million votes (1.06%). Bernie supporters in 2020 are much more mobilised to vote out Trump, rather than sit on their hands or protest vote for a third party candidate this election time. And again, Biden isn't Clinton.

4. Complacency has gone. Hillary was seen a dead cert to win going by poll numbers. The thinking that 'my one vote won't matter' prevailed on the day, imo. The Democrats have always struggled to get their voters out more so than Republicans and with such high poll numbers going into election day, a great many Democratic voters just decided to sit it out and let others do the voting for them. I don't believe democratic voters will be nearly as complacent this time around.

These are the main reasons I think Joe Biden will be the next President. In fact, I'd be 70-80% sure of it!

As far I see democrats has no candidates at all
    No fresh names,no leaders
    The only things they can offer to USA is Biden skeleton from wardrobe
    Under Hilary and Obama sauce
    Very cheap sounds like Trump is Evil,he work for Putin and Vjetnam !
    Nothing new at all !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I do.

American electorate are about as unsophisticated as you can get in the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

I really wish it were otherwise but it won't be. And I think the Dems know it now. Idiots not having a younger dynamic person on the ticket. What were they thinking?

I think it was to counter Trump's message that Biden's Democrats are radicals, so the Dems picked another moderate to go with Biden who himself is a moderate.

But it could have been a ploy by Trump to get Biden to deliberately abandon the progressive wing of the Democratic Party. Just like in 2016, when Hillary did and they progressives stayed at home in the key battleground states. They even has John Kasich speaking at the DNC. Its going to be a very nervy few weeks for Biden / anti-Trump supporters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

There's a possibility the Clinton/Obama/military/CIA clique see him as an easily pliable front-man. A lot of this crew would be walking back into their same jobs from 4 years ago if Biden won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Forgetting about Trump and all that's crazy about him for a second but Joe Biden gives me the absolute creeps. Terrible candidate imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement