Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,751 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

And because he is clearly very popular. He was elected president of the United states of America.

He didn't win the popular vote you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And because he is clearly very popular. He was elected president of the United states of America.

He was popular, wether he is still popular enough to get a second term has yet to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

He was popular, wether he is still popular enough to get a second term has yet to be seen.

This is true. I think we can all agree that the competition isnt great either.

The Harris - funded by Bloomberg - featuring Joe Biden ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I wonder what he will do over the next four years, if he gets in again. I find him funny most of the time tbh , except when he does the odd thing that you know is going to come back to haunt people in the future.
    I can't understand though why RTE and the Irish Times and the likes get so upset about him. They don't have the same loathing for the likes of Putin and the Saudi crown prince and they actually murder people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The visible enthusiasm for him this time round is off the charts....the crowds everywhere he goes are huge...the numbers of people who are turning up at events/parades, most of which are not being organized by the campaign, are absolutely huge....the boat parades are massive several thousand boats at each parade all over the country...I saw a clip of Air Force One landing in New Hampshire, they were out in the fields in front of the runway...there were 1000s of people who couldn't get into the event....I've never seen anything like it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

But he won the last election so I can see a problem with your theory. He is clearly a very popular man.

Let's be honest here. The fact he has a big R next to his name on the ballot means Republicans will vote for him no matter what. Mitt Romney got 61m votes in 2012 so that tells you all you need to know on that front. Trump got 63m in 2016 as he pulled in some undecideds. In actuality Trump did worse in 2016 with 46.1% of the vote versus Romney who got 47.2% in 2012. In 2016 third party candidates were critical and they got a lot more votes than usual as many voters disliked both Trump and Hillary and decided to vote elsewhere. The polls this cycle show 3rd party candidates are polling very low which is actually a bad sign for Trump as opposed to Biden as it indicates most people have already decided on their vote.

This is true. I think we can all agree that the competition isnt great either.

The Harris - funded by Bloomberg - featuring Joe Biden ticket

Lets hope it is better than 'The incompetent - funded by Russia - featuring criminals ticket.'

Fingers crossed.

Mules wrote: »
    I wonder what he will do over the next four years, if he gets in again. I find him funny most of the time tbh. I can't understand why RTE and the Irish Times and the likes get so upset about him.

More peace agreements in the Middle East, no wars, booming economy, a fairly large shift in manufacturing (medical supply line in particular) back to the US, he'll have to deal with the riots/murder/mayhem that will flare up across the country by democratic supporters initially, to be fair, they riot all the time anyway...but he won't be hamstrung by inexperience and a coq and bull conspiratory story peddled by Obama/Biden this time round.

Is Biden holding rallies or events? Genuine question as my confirmation bias YouTube only shows Trump related videos if I go searching Us politics.

Trump is holding pretty much daily rallies around the country.

Ohio today, Pennsylvania tomorrow, Florida Thursday and Pennsylvania again Saturday

I presume Biden is doing the same?

Is Biden holding rallies or events? Genuine question as my confirmation bias YouTube only shows Trump related videos if I go searching Us politics.

Trump is holding daily rallies around the country. I presume Biden is doing the same?

And thats proof right there of Trumps stupidity, Rallies for thousands of people, the majority not wearing masks, in the middle of a pandemic.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

• Advertisement

And thats proof right there of Trumps stupidity, Rallies for thousands of people, the majority not wearing masks, in the middle of a pandemic.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Those rallies might be his undoing if they lead to a fresh spike of covid cases. He is at a factory in ohio right now. I saw about 10 out of the 200 or so workers wearing masks. Pretty dumb

My question though. Is biden holding daily rallies around the United states? I'm going to take from your Trump statement that he is not.

How is he campaigning then?

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

The Top 10 States right now by Covid cases per capita: Louisiana, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Iowa, Arkansas. Anyone spot what's in common here? These red states are setting themselves up for a dreadful autumn and winter with this virus.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Trump lost another court case over mail in voting. Is he going for a record for lost court cases or what?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/09/21/vote-mail-nevada-lawsuit-brought-trump-republicans-dismissed/5854929002/

More peace agreements in the Middle East, no wars, booming economy, a fairly large shift in manufacturing (medical supply line in particular) back to the US, he'll have to deal with the riots/murder/mayhem that will flare up across the country by democratic supporters initially, to be fair, they riots all the time anyway...but he won't be hamstrung by inexperience and a coq and bull conspiratory story peddled by Obama/Biden this time round.
    The thing about the middle east is that while the US makes it clear that it's biased in favour of Israel nothing will ever be properly worked out. The monarchies of the UAE and Bahrain are one thing but that's not where the conflict is. Of course the US was always biased, it didn't start and won't end with him. I'd say you may well be right about the medical supply line. I'd say if it weren't for the corona virus he would have ran away with the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

More peace agreements in the Middle East, no wars, booming economy, a fairly large shift in manufacturing (medical supply line in particular) back to the US, he'll have to deal with the riots/murder/mayhem that will flare up across the country by democratic supporters initially, to be fair, they riot all the time anyway...but he won't be hamstrung by inexperience and a coq and bull conspiratory story peddled by Obama/Biden this time round.

America is not at war?
    Interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

I wonder what he will do over the next four years, if he gets in again. I find him funny most of the time tbh , except when he does the odd thing that you know is going to come back to haunt people in the future.
    I can't understand though why RTE and the Irish Times and the likes get so upset about him. They don't have the same loathing for the likes of Putin and the Saudi crown prince and they actually murder people.

I love the fact he get's under liberals skin. It's absolutely hilarious.

America is not at war?
    Interesting.

You are correct...no more NEW pointless expensive wars.

They get so indignant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump lost another court case over mail in voting. Is he going for a record for lost court cases or what?

He's trying to keep the election free from Fraud and the Democrats should support what he is doing.

That they fight him every yard on this shows what they are about.

Was a time when they agreed with him:

Examples of the kind of thing he's talking about there:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/23/ex-lawmaker-indicted-democratic-vote-fraud-scheme-/
    https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/philadelphia-democratic-official-pleads-guilty-stuffing-ballot-boxes-cash
    https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/06/developers-conviction-for-voter-fraud-raises-questions-of-vote-by-mail-ballots-in-hoboken.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You are correct...no more NEW pointless expensive wars.

So America is still at war.

Next point, manufacturing returning to the USA.
    Evidence please.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

They get so indignant :D

Will be on another level watching the meltdowns in November. Good times.

So why are the Republicans in favour of mail in voting? :confused:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/08/19/republicans-mail-in-voting-trump-398774
    Republicans quietly push mail-in voting despite Trump claims

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Don't forget the peace agreement he broke with Iran, the lack of progress he has made with North Korea, the mess he has made with China. The Palastinians been totally ignored because Trump does not understand the complicated politics of the middle east and is only one sided. Oh ye and all the thousands that have died America from Covid and millions that have got it because there is no competent administration or President in the Country with a proper strategy to deal with it. Also the fact he practically told people to go drink detail and all the lies he has told. This is the nasty person leading America. There is also all the riots, hate abd division he has caused in America.
    anyway...but he won't be hamstrung by inexperience and a coq and bull conspiratory story peddled by Obama/Biden this time around.
    Really. Trump has been there nearly 4 years now and hardly changed or learned a thing.
    He is an absolute joke and should not be allowed lead a or be president of anything let alone the once great USA that he has made even worse.
    There is no way you can compare him to Obama
    Obama was a great President Trump is a disaster.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

So America is still at war.

Next point, manufacturing returning to the USA.
    Evidence please.

You want me to produce evidence for something I predicted will happen in the future?

Do you know what evidence is?

You want me to produce evidence for something I predicted will happen in the future?

Do you know what evidence is?

Any evidence to support you making your prediction?

Or maybe, given that Trump said the same in 2016, you can give evidence as to the extent of how that went over the last 4 years.

AMKC wrote: »
    Don't forget the peace agreement he broke with Iran, the lack of progress he has made with North Korea, the mess he has made with China. The Palastinians been totally ignored because Trump does not understand the complicated politics of the middle east and is only one sided. Oh ye and all the thousands that have died America from Covid and millions that have got it because there is no competent administration or President in the Country with a proper strategy to deal with it. Also the fact he practically told people to go drink detail and all the lies he has told. This is the nasty person leading America. There is also all the riots, hate abd division he has caused in America.
    anyway...but he won't be hamstrung by inexperience and a coq and bull conspiratory story peddled by Obama/Biden this time around.
    Really. Trump has been there nearly 4 years now and hardly changed or learned a thing.
    He is an absolute joke and should not be allowed lead a or be president of anything let alone the once great USA that he has made even worse.
    There is no way you can compare him to Obama
    Obama was a great President Trump is a disaster.

Take deep breaths....

The man is a rookie politician I have no doubt he has made a lot of mistakes, I've no doubt he is capable of dishonest behaviour, I have said before I think his performance will be about average for a President, which for a rookie ain't bad...he can have a more productive 2nd term that is up to him.

But to wipe out the many positives he has achieved is childish, he is very popular for a very good reason even if you don't wish to see it.

Stock market showing signs of weakness since the start of the month. Trump always points to the stocks as one of his key successes (in reality it has little to do with him directly) and it's one thing he has pinned his success on. His failure to seriously take control of the Covid situation could end up damaging him hugely. Some weakness in the economy and general uncertainty about the direction of the pandemic is leading to a stock sell off. All those people invested in stocks will not be happy come election time!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5851883002
    Stocks closed broadly lower on Wall Street Monday as markets tumbled worldwide on worries about the pandemic’s economic pain.

Wall Street has been shaky this month, and the S&P 500 has pulled back about 9% since hitting a record Sept. 2 amid a long list of worries for investors. Chief among them is fear that stocks got too expensive when coronavirus counts are still worsening, U.S.-China tensions are rising, Congress is unable to deliver more aid for the economy and a contentious U.S. election is approaching.

They can't see it coming...they really can't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I must have watched, The Young Turks meltdown from 2016 at least a dozen and it never fails to put a smile on face. :)

• Advertisement

He's bringing cases without evidence to court. That's not achieving a whole lot is it? Nobody thinks voter fraud is good but the reality is that actual voter fraud cases tend to be more of the in person variety (personation / double voting etc) than mail in. Conspiracy theories about massive fraud by Democrats without a shred of evidence tend to play poorly in courts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement