Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You want me to produce evidence for something I predicted will happen in the future?

Do you know what evidence is?

So no facts, just predictions.
    Worthless.

He's had 4 years.
    Why hasn't it happened already?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They can't see it coming...they really can't!!

Indeed. The Trumpists will lose their minds when they lose to Biden. It'll be absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,751 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Au contraire.

We are all hoping and expecting meltdowns in November also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

They better get ready, the comfort puppies and safe spaces, loud noises and anything with colours makes the anxious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Such as?

Can you not name one positive thing Trump has achieved in office?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So why are the Republicans in favour of mail in voting? :confused:

Trump is only against unsolicited ballots NOT solicited / absentee ballots.

Most of that article refers to absentee ballot applications, like the following one received by this lovely liberal:

https://twitter.com/pmalston/status/1307782224801140736

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why can't you answer any questions on your statements about Trump?
    What are all these achievements?
    Why hasn't he brought back manufacturing jobs in the last 4 years?

• Advertisement

Can you?

Why can't you answer any questions on your statements about Trump?
    What are all these achievements?

Calm down...

What question have I not answered, there are a few of ye firing questions at me I may have missed one or two.

I've already stated one achievement which you spotted in a previous post...

I don't know why he hasn't brought back manufacturing over the last 4 years, he wouldn't be the first president to break a promise would he....

Why can you not point to one policy that Trump is responsible for over the last 4 years...you can't even give him one...that is staggering for a person who pays a lot of attention to what Trump does.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump is only against unsolicited ballots NOT solicited / absentee ballots.

Most of that article refers to absentee ballot applications, like the following one received by this lovely liberal:

https://twitter.com/pmalston/status/1307782224801140736

So why are the Republicans sending them out?
    In Iowa, the Republican Party mailed absentee ballot applications to voters without waiting for requests.
    the Republican Party sent mailers with Trump’s photo saying “Join President Trump and Vote by Absentee Ballot.”
    “Vote by mail really works well here in Utah,” said Justin Lee, director of elections in Utah, where the Republican administration sends ballots to every voter in the state.

Trump's numbers with pre-Covid are exceptional:
    Trump's Policy "Magic Wand" Boosts Manufacturing Jobs 399% In First 26 Months Over Obama's Last 26

While overall employment numbers are comparable, the difference in manufacturing is profound. In the last 26 months of Obama’s presidency, manufacturing employment grew by 96,000 or 0.8%. In Trump’s first 26 months, manufacturers added 479,000 jobs, or 3.9%, 399% more jobs than Obama’s record.

Can you?

There are a number of ye firing questions, is it ok if I just answer one of ye...

I think he has done excellent work with the black community.

I admire his first step act.
    I admire the investment zones.
    I admire the restoration of funding for historically black colleges.

He will be rewarded with a fairly significant growth in the black vote, I predict he will win 20%

This is a prediction of mine, I do not have any evidence that I can point to as I do not follow any polling data.

Calm down...

What question have I not answered, there are a few of ye firing questions at me I may have missed one or two.

I've already stated one achievement which you spotted in a previous post...

I don't know why he hasn't brought back manufacturing over the last 4 years, he wouldn't be the first president to break a promise would he....

Why can you not point to one policy that Trump is responsible for over the last 4 years...you can't even give him one...that is staggering for a person who pays a lot of attention to what Trump does.

Pulling the US out of the Paris Accord.
    Rowing back on environmental protection in the US.
    Undermining and cutting funding to WHO.
    Pulling the US out of the Iran Nuclear deal.

It's laughable that the one thing you said he is going to do in the next 4 years is something which you are suggesting he lied about saying he would do it 4 years ago.

Wow...I had no idea...starting to understand the massive support now!

It's laughable that the one thing you said he is going to do in the next 4 years is something which you are suggesting he lied about saying he would do it 4 years ago.

So you cant name one single policy of Trumps in the last 4 years....that is crazy!!!

His manufacturing job creation record is off the charts which I wasn't aware of...

He is the most pro black Republican President in a long time...I thought you'd be thrilled with that, you are passionate about the black community and the challenges facing them aren't you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Take deep breaths....

The man is a rookie politician I have no doubt he has made a lot of mistakes, I've no doubt he is capable of dishonest behaviour, I have said before I think his performance will be about average for a President, which for a rookie ain't bad...he can have a more productive 2nd term that is up to him.

But to wipe out the many positives he has achieved is childish, he is very popular for a very good reason even if you don't wish to see it.

That there is your problem. He is not even a politician and he is still not one. He can pretend to be all he like and its laughable you saying to wipe out the positives he has achieved lol like what? That is exactly what Trump is a child.
    I can tell you many of the negatives do like him pulling out of the Paris Climare agreement or him separating young children from there parents and putting them in cages. I honestly can not think of one positive thing this nasty childish human has done ever.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

lol Wait, are you listing things which are reasons to not vote for Trump or to vote for him .. it's hard to tell :P

He is the most pro black Republican President in a long time...I thought you'd be thrilled with that, you are passionate about the black community and the challenges facing them aren't you?

I'm passionate about everyone being treated fairly and equally. What are you passionate about?

How is he the most pro-Black President?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Are they really. Between his inauguration and February 2020 manufacturing jobs in the US increased by 483k from 12,369k to 12,852k. That's an increase of 3.9% over 3 years or an average 1.3% per annum. Not sure if I'd call that exceptional by any stretch of the imagination. And up to August 2020 manufacturing has actually lost 200k jobs since his inauguration or nearly 700k jobs lost since February this year. By contrast under Obama manufacturing jobs increased by nearly 1 million.

Manufacturing jobs 2010 - 2020
    latest_numbers_CES3000000001_2010_2020_all_period_M08_data.gif

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES3000000001

• Registered Users Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭briany

Has anyone done up a boxing-style 'tale of the tape' infographic for the Trump/Biden debates yet?

I'm passionate about everyone being treated fairly and equally. What are you passionate about?

How is he the most pro-Black President?

I've already listed why, I never mentioned the record high employment enjoyed by the black community pre pandemic.

I said Republican President, altho now that you mention it...it's hard to recall a Democratic President that had a positive affect on the black community, Clinton/Biden locked up a massive amount of them....Obama didn't do a whole pile that I can think of....

Or are you just one of those "liberals" who appreciate virtue signaling versus actual action?

Because a shift in the black vote will have dire consequences for the Democratic Party now and in the long term won't it? They have been a very loyal demographic over the years!!!

Not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Bizarre that some people think rowing back on protecting the environment is a good thing

AMKC wrote: »
    That there is your problem. He is not even a politician and he is still not one. He can pretend to be all he like and its laughable you saying to wipe out the positives he has achieved lol like what? That is exactly what Trump is a child.
    I can tell you many of the negatives do like him pulling out of the Paris Climare agreement or him separating young children from there parents and putting them in cages. I honestly can not think of one positive thing this nasty childish human has done ever.

Well you sound happy enough with your opinion of him anyway!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Are they really. Between his inauguration and February 2020 manufacturing jobs in the US increased by 483k from 12,369k to 12,852k. That's an increase of 3.9% over 3 years or an average 1.3% per annum. Not sure if I'd call that exceptional by any stretch of the imagination. And up to August 2020 manufacturing has actually lost 200k jobs since his inauguration or nearly 700k jobs lost since February this year. By contrast under Obama manufacturing jobs increased by nearly 1 million.

Manufacturing jobs 2010 - 2020
    latest_numbers_CES3000000001_2010_2020_all_period_M08_data.gif

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES3000000001

Jobs lost during a pandemic. Who'd have thunk it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,517 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Biden doing surprisingly well in the polls. Biden has leads of somewhere between five and eight points in a number of states Trump won four years ago... that’s a bit mental.

I think the Americans are starting to realize that in the world right now a steady hand and an even temperament is a requirement.

Trump has come across as a guy who is increasingly just winging it. In his public appearances he looks increasingly flustered, increasingly very unpresidential both in how he presents himself and the content and manner of what he says.

This is interesting, not great news for Donald...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/20/politics/poll-of-the-week-joe-biden-blowout-donald-trump-election/index.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement