Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 01-09-2020 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Can i solve the online banking at the branch? I phoned the activation number and got my account number, where and when i used it, my card number. After he asked me something but i couldn't understand well may be the expiry date. After he said something and i need to go to branch to fix it. I dont know what he said just i need to fix something with my card. But i cant speak English that good. For me this maybe would better personally if there is a possibility to it. ☹️

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Oliver24 wrote: »
    Can i solve the online banking at the branch? I phoned the activation number and got my account number, where and when i used it, my card number. After he asked me something but i couldn't understand well may be the expiry date. After he said something and i need to go to branch to fix it. I dont know what he said just i need to fix something with my card. But i cant speak English that good. For me this maybe would better personally if there is a possibility to it. ☹️
    Hi Oliver24, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. In this case we would recommend that you visit your local bank of Ireland branch with photo ID and our colleagues here will be happy to assist you with calling our activation team to register the account for online banking. 

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time. 

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Oliver24

Thank you for your respond. Do i need to make appointment for this or just go straight to the branch anytime when i am free? I will try to solve that somehow. 🙂
    Hi Oliver24, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. In this case we would recommend that you visit your local bank of Ireland branch with photo ID and our colleagues here will be happy to assist you with calling our activation team to register the account for online banking. 

Thanks Jen

Oliver24 wrote: »
    Thank you for your respond. Do i need to make appointment for this or just go straight to the branch anytime when i am free? I will try to solve that somehow. 🙂
    Hi Oliver24, 

Thanks Jen
    Thanks for getting back to us here Oliver24. There is no need to make an appointment our colleagues here will be able to assist you with speaking to our advisors about online banking for your account. We hope this helps. 

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

Anyone else having trouble accessing the Boi app the last couple of days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

shrek008 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble accessing the Boi app the last couple of days?
    Hi there,

We have responded to your query on another post here.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 shirlzP

Hi looking to set up a demand savings account. I want a joint one if possible. On the application it stated we both need a personal acc. We have both our own acc and a joint,but on the application it asks for the debit card number do I use my own personal acc or can I use the joint one? Also can we do transfers from our personal accounts to??

Hi shirlzP 

Thanks for checking in with us on this. 

It won't matter which debit card you use with the application, you can use either your personal or the joint card number. 

Yes you can transfer freely between this savings account(once it is repayable to either)  and your personal and joint current account(providing this is repayable to either). 

Once the account is active, the new account details will be sent to you separately by SMS.

Each party to this account, will need to add the account for viewing with their own login details. 

You can now login on the App, select Services and scroll down to Add Account or Policy. This takes approx 5 business days to appear online alongside your other accounts. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks, 
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭second74

Hi, 

How do I get a statement from 2009, I am no longer with the bank

Regards

Noreen 

second74 wrote: »
    Hi, 

How do I get a statement from 2009, I am no longer with the bank