Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Advice

Options
  • 01-09-2020 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Been happily coupled off with my 2017 Vitus Escarpe for the past few years I have been given the opportunity to get back on the market (thanks to some enterprising thieves). However, having a bit of a look out there at my options I am fairly overwhelmed by choice (and price!)

The type of riding I am doing is AM / Trail Center but I would like something that I could enter some enduro on (never expect to be competitive!)

My initial reaction was to go with the entry level escarpe again as I really like the one I had, but they are out of my budget now (they are almost twice the price I paid for my escarpe in 2017!)

I am looking at the mythique but it looks like taking a step backwards.

So does anyone have any suggestions on what to look at?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Been happily coupled off with my 2017 Vitus Escarpe for the past few years I have been given the opportunity to get back on the market (thanks to some enterprising thieves). However, having a bit of a look out there at my options I am fairly overwhelmed by choice (and price!)

Fcuking cnuts! Try as many as you can, preferably on trails, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

Have a look at the usual direct to user suppliers, like Canyon, YT and Commencal. Also look at bike discount.de or bike 24 who have some good discounts on 2020 stock if you can find your size and model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

What's your budget? Maybe you should consider something nice, but secondhand.

I'd be looking for something with up-to-date geometry, with a slack headtube angle ( <= 66), >= 150mm travel r/f.

I saw your FB post about your loss; it's a sickener - condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭comanche_cor

Thanks all.

Budget is around the 2k mark. Looking at yt jeffsy base atm. Not sure about the vitus mystique. Crossing a new escarpe off the list unless it gets a good update for 2021. Also looking at the calibre sentry!!

Thinking of picking up a hardtail atm to keep me going through winter and the pick up a full sus for spring.

Not seeing much value in second hand atm, seeing ppl asking new prices for one year old bikes!!

Advertisement