Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling and buying a new build

Options
  • 01-09-2020 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

We are selling our house and buying a new build. We have a buyer and want that contract signed before signing for our own.
    However is it not standard that in our contract with new build there would be the condition- ‘subject to sale of purchasers house’?
    I would have assumed any second time buyer would look for this protection? If our buyer did not go through with sale after contracts we could recoup the deposit however there is a €20k difference between the deposit on our house and the the deposit we will be putting on the new build.
    Appreciate any insights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EmmaAmy

Hi I know this post is more than 2 years old but I am in the exact same situation as you, can I ask what happened in the end ? Did the sale of the new build fall through due to the builders solicitor not putting clause in the contract? Thank you would love to hear your advice as someone who is currently in the same position

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

You will not get this condition in a new build contract.

Well maybe you will. Seen it tried and rejected a few times.

You just don't sign the contract for the new build until the contract is signed on amrhe sale of your old house.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Buying a new build and just got this clause added but it was agreed from early days.

Thanks so much for your advice, the sale of our house is due to close in April and we are being told by the builder our new house will be ready may/June.( Will be moving in with my parents while we wait) Do you think the builder will wait for us to give the 10% deposit and sign the contracts until April? Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭McGrath5

We got that condition added to the contract when buying a new build 2 years ago, also helped we didn't sign the contract for 2 months to help drag things out a bit.

• Advertisement

Thanks, will they let you drag it out ? Like ideally if we can't get the clause put in we would like to drag it out until April when our own house is sold

Advertisement