Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance from hob to plug

Options
  • 01-09-2020 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Renovating kitchen.

There is 800mm between two plugs. A 600mm hob is going in the middle leaving 100mm either side of hob for plug. Electrician says its fine. Kitchen fitter not happy with it.

Is 100mm enough either side of hob for the plugs? If I go to resell house will there be issues for me?

Kitchen has all been plastered, waiting for kitchen to come in. I'm frustrated that this has only come to light now!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I don't think that there is a regulation that states a specific distance, however it would be preferable in my opinion to have the socket outlets further away. This would mitigate the risk of a lead for an appliance melting on the hob.

In terms of resale value I can't see it having an impact. Houses are bought and sold on a daily basis that have the most blatant breaches of the wiring rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anamdearcadh

Thanks for replying. I'm disappointed this wasn't picked up on sooner as we have everything completed at this stage except for installing the kitchen.

I think I'm going to go with the 100mm distance away from each plug as electrician has said it is ok.

Advertisement