Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second keypad for HKC an option?

Options
  • 01-09-2020 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I have a HKC alarm installed in 2008 it had a sms installed in it I believe it’s called a text dialler?

The keypad is at the front door, is is possible to get a second keypad installed upstairs?

Or what would I need to do to upgrade it so I can use the HKC app?

Appreciate any comments with advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The good news is that HKC, the manufacturer have launched a new product which can be connected up with their previous control panels such as the 6/10, 8/12 etc that will connect them up to their Securecomm service and therefore App notification and control.

So this might save you the bother of having a secondhand keypad wired to your bedroom.

Best thing here is to contact your installation company and they should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mobrien2

kub wrote: »
    The good news is that HKC, the manufacturer have launched a new product which can be connected up with their previous control panels such as the 6/10, 8/12 etc that will connect them up to their Securecomm service and therefore App notification and control.

So this might save you the bother of having a secondhand keypad wired to your bedroom.

Best thing here is to contact your installation company and they should be able to help you out.

Thank you Kub, have a call out to them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Would be also interested to hear about this. I'm looking at a 2nd wireless keypad to be installed but my installer tells me I would need to upgrade the control panel to a Secure Wave one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

coxy123 wrote: »
    Would be also interested to hear about this. I'm looking at a 2nd wireless keypad to be installed but my installer tells me I would need to upgrade the control panel to a Secure Wave one.

Well the 8/12 type panels went obsolete quite a few years ago now so new parts for same are like hens teeth.

This is the unit that was recently launched :

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/communicators/gsm-wifiu---universal-gsm--wifi-comunicator-/

Advertisement