Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband in Cratloe?

Options
  • 01-09-2020 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what the fastest and most reliable broadband is in the Cratloe area? Are Imagine any good? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Imagine are poor enough, unless you live close to one of their towers. Siro is available in sixmilebridge so you should check their website and see if your postcode is viable for their service....

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

A friend of mine runs Maints Broadband and I think he may have some clients in your area. If so, you'd be very well served by them. I'm on their network for years and it's very reliable. Not fibre speeds, but almost no one needs that, whether they realise it or not.

http://www.maintsbb.com/

g

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In my experience in Clare, rural broadband is extremely hit or miss, 1 house could have excellent coverage but next door would be crap, some houses on hills will be crap whereas 1 in a hole could be brilliant.

My advice is to ask your neighbours who they have and get them but don't get signed up to a long term contract or big installation fees as you might find that it's not suitable for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks for the replies. It was a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You might be able to get fibre to the home with eir or Vodafone, it is available in areas of Cratloe. My folks have it in rural Clare and it's fantastic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement