Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Softphone with Blueface standard?

• 01-09-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have had a Blueface PAYG account for the last 10 years. I live abroad and I have it mainly so that it is easy for my elderly parents to get in touch, they don't have WhatsApp or the like.

Just had an email from Blueface to say that their PAYG service is now end of life and I will need to upgrade to a pay monthly plan.

Looking at their website there are two alternatives Standard at €12.99 a month or Premium at €17.50.

Looking at the descriptions only the Premium plan mentions a softphone.

Does anyone know if I can use a softphone with the standard plan? I couldn't with the PAYG account, but if I have to pay that much more a month I would like the extra convenience of a softphone.

If not is there any alternative to Blueface at a better price? I only need a non-geographic number and basic voice calling.

[Edit] Did a bit of searching and it looks like it will work out cheaper if I port my number to Irishvoip.com or Vomino , any advice?

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I don't know if you can or not - their website only lists it until the premium plan - maybe you should email them to check.

Goldfish.ie has a €5 per month plan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I only need a non-geographic number and basic voice calling.

If you only need it for the one purpose of your folks connecting with you then if they have broadband you could set them up with an ATA and get free VOIP accounts for them to contact you to a softphone on your end.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Like you #Do-more I am coming to the end of my 10 year with Blueface and they sent me an email, but no details of charges. Similarily it is only used for old people to ring me. What did you do in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

maurice1 wrote: »
    Like you #Do-more I am coming to the end of my 10 year with Blueface and they sent me an email, but no details of charges. Similarily it is only used for old people to ring me. What did you do in the end?

I signed up for a new number with Irishvoip.com

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement