Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman & Lois - The CW - US Pace - (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I knew him from the Teen Wolf series.

I think he's great in the Superman/Clark role from what I've seen

That was a fun series.

There was a complaint when he was first cast in Supergirl that he was too short to Superman but I think he suits the role perfectly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I haven't watched the episodes yet but noticed from promos what looks like a muscle suit under the costume? In the Clark Kent scenes, he looks a lot slimmer, which seems like cheating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

pixelburp wrote: »
    I haven't watched the episodes yet but noticed from promos what looks like a muscle suit under the costume? In the Clark Kent scenes, he looks a lot slimmer, which seems like cheating :)

He doesn't needs muscle suit to be fair.

bigger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

pixelburp wrote: »

He's one of those guys who can hide his build very easily, unlike say Tom Welling, who's just big/beefy no matter what he wears.

189c73e743692ed292732e8d78e1f184.jpg
    He doesn't needs muscle suit to be fair.

He's actually got bigger since this I think

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Apparently HBO Max are part of this, maybe thats why its not crap :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just watched the first episode. Found it quite good.

Worst router placement ever in that barn :)

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode. Found it quite good.

Worst router placement ever in that barn :)

How did Martha get it up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Small sample size, but I quite enjoyed that. If they tackle the themes and storylines they set up in this episode competently we could be onto a winner.

Sidenote: Was Clarke's reference to being duck taped to a tractor in his youth just a playfull nod to Smallville or are they actually making Smallville cannon, where this show is concerned .

Small sample size, but I quite enjoyed that. If they tackle the themes and storylines they set up in this episode competently we could be onto a winner.

Sidenote: Was Clarke's reference to being duck taped to a tractor in his youth just a playfull nod to Smallville or are they actually making Smallville cannon, where this show is concerned .

I thought at first it (and the reference to “weird things in Smallville”) was just a a wink the Smallville series but in that show Clark was tied to a scarecrow stand not a tractor.

Perhaps the comics have shown similar things over the years

I thought at first it (and the reference to “weird things in Smallville”) was just a a wink the Smallville series but in that show Clark was tied to a scarecrow stand not a tractor.

Perhaps the comics have shown similar things over the years

Ahh right , I misremembered , just remembered him being tied to something on the first season boxset cover and didn't bother to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Another cracking episode - lots going on, this is a winner series

Really enjoyable second episode with lots of storylines going on and keeping the importance of each one well balanced in the episode.

the show will be crippled somewhat because its missing out on all the Metropolis , Perry White stuff. Decent enough episode , they laid it on a bit thick with the town Journo

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I liked it. It was better than the three Snyder Superman movies put together. DC's future seems the lay on the small screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

silverharp wrote: »
    the show will be crippled somewhat because its missing out on all the Metropolis , Perry White stuff. Decent enough episode , they laid it on a bit thick with the town Journo

I think those facets of Superman's world have been covered in other media plenty of times. I actually like the fact that this show has changed into a very different gear, i.e. Superman is living back in Smallville, rather than the usual approach they take of showing his journey as he matures into an adult and moves from Smallville to Metropolis.

Got a mate to watch this - he likes Superman (like the original movies stuff) but never watched the Arrowverse shows or an avid comic book reader
    Explained the synopsis of the multiple earths and stuff and he thinks its a great series

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

bigar wrote: »
    I liked it. It was better than the three Snyder Superman movies put together. DC's future seems the lay on the small screen.

DC has always been focused on the villains, they've always had the best villains and it could be argued that the villains are far more interesting that some of the heroes, that kind of cast can mean a great TV show, have a series with 1 major villain or even a monster of the week show, Smallville did both.

I have great hope for the Synder cut of the JL

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm disappointed that Morgan Edge is not the same actor as Supergirl so it does seem that the show is outside the arrowverse yet the storyline could be drawing on crisis if the strangers world was destroyed by crisis and he hitched a ride back through to this earth now but that goes against the continuity of the show being in a different place than arrowverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'm disappointed that Morgan Edge is not the same actor as Supergirl so it does seem that the show is outside the arrowverse yet the storyline could be drawing on crisis if the strangers world was destroyed by crisis and he hitched a ride back through to this earth now but that goes against the continuity of the show being in a different place than arrowverse.

It's the same universe, I think in the Flash Cisco mentioned that some of their villains looked different as a result of Crisis. Sure Sam Lane is different actor than one that previously appeared in Supergirl. Crisis gives them the excuse as to why some people can look different.

• Advertisement

Another great episode, with a lot to unpack. Starting with Clarke and Lois.

It was great to see Lois get the bit between her teeth chasing a story after her mostly passive role in the first episode. Her pursuit of Edges hidden agenda will no doubt run throughout the season. Perhaps even tying into the Clarke/Luthor Storyline. Edge has a mine in New Carthage and looking to acquire one in Smallville, is he mining for Kryptonite ?

The editing of her Story by Edge sees her quit the Planet and join the Smallville Gazette to continue on fighting the good fight . You'd have to wonder tho, if the Gazette has the resources she needs to fight Edge, let alone pay her enough to support a family , surely he can just buy the small town paper out from under her ? A better direction imo would have been to modernise her a little. As a world famous Journalist she'd surely have a large social media following , have her weaponise that to get the word out to the world on what Edge is up to rather then just the Gazettes no doubt falling readership.

On the Clarke side of things It felt kinda strange to see him question why Lois wasn't just dropping the Edge Story for an easier life in Smallville, whatever happened to his Journalistic instincts, its like they've forgotten he was a reporter too . Which begs the question just what is Clarke's career path now, because atm only Lois is earning, and I doubt the Gazette can pay much. Is he a full time farmer or stay at home dad ? Hopefully the next few episodes will fill in these details.

On the twins front the writers continue to play a blinder, Jordan is for now spared the fall out of his Kiss and premature eyejaculation , which all lands on Jonathan alone on his first day at a new school. It would have been very easy for the writers to make him resentful of Jordan and drive a wedge between the two, and he does make a sparky comment or two in fairness , but ultimately he rises above and supports his brother.

Feeling he's failing Jordan, Clarke takes him to the Fortress of Solitude to learn about his heritage. The Fortress itself was less fort more glacial cave carved by meltwater imo. Would be interesting if they did a topical storyline where the Fortress was in danger of being discovered due to the Glacier retreating because of global Warming. A threat threat Superman can't solve with a punch . Anyway I digress . Jor-El or Jor-AI as I will call him, tells Clarke Jordans limiting Human DNA don't allow him to store enough Solar energy to be even one hundredth as strong as Clarke , but can we believe him ? AI aren't always trustworthy. But even if he is only one hundredth as strong as Superman that's still pretty strong surely. Jonathan justifiably took Jordan to task for his self involvement when he complained he wasn't super enough , after the crap he had to put up with in school over Jordan actions. This led to a nice capper to the story at the end where Clarke realises he's been neglecting Jonathan and goes to watch him train .

Looking forward to next week's episode, anybody got any idea of how many episodes there will be or were planned before Covid ?

The CW have taken it off there schedule after the 5th episode due to Covid delays and it is expected to be back in May.

The CW have taken it off there schedule after the 5th episode due to Covid delays and it is expected to be back in May.

Nooo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looking forward to next week's episode, anybody got any idea of how many episodes there will be or were planned before Covid ?
    3 more episodes and then will go on a brief hiatus due to a COVID-related production interruption that occurred earlier this summer.
    Supergirl Season 6 will be taking over the time slot until May 18th when Superman and Lois will return.Supergirl will then return for the second half of it's season sometime during the summer

Morrissey is a xenophobic has-been :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Emo Superiorboy with a zinger. It made me smile. :)

I always wonder do superheroes get pursued for the collateral damage they cause.

Decent episode, laying some foundation. Bridge effects were a bit ropey, less is more when it comes to special effects on a budget. I like the way the brothers interact each other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

clark is a douche, allowing his son to play football when he does have no interest in it.

its not a great plot line, iffy for sure that you would let someone with superpowers pummel children on a football field. They seem to be setting up a conflict with Lois's dad and Superman

• Advertisement
Advertisement