Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman & Lois - The CW - US Pace - (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What an absolutely fantastic mid season finale.

This really is the best Superman since Donner's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,476 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What an absolutely fantastic mid season finale.

This really is the best Superman since Donner's.

Yup - the action sequences are top notch for TV

Just realised young Supe is Shaun's brother from the Good Doctor

Also loved the nod to the original costume...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And the phone booth :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Now that's a Superman show, wow, top notch everything about it, it would have been very easy for them to have that episode as a pilot which would have turned everyone off but bringing in like this
    to show that Supe has no secrets
    is great and I'm looking forward to the
    evil Superman
    storyline, I don't think that has ever been done properly on either TV or film.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was excellent. Really looking forward to the next episode now!

July 13th, BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anybody else see the temp vfx used near the end. Somebody definitely in trouble :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anybody else see the temp vfx used near the end. Somebody definitely in trouble :)

Spotted that as well, thought I pressed something on my keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Which part was that?

Great episode. Quickly getting through the origin story while having plenty in it and even having time left over to continue the main story.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Which part was that?

Great episode. Quickly getting through the origin story while having plenty in it and even having time left over to continue the main story.

The desert scene near the end. It seems to have been only CTV airing of the episode

• Registered Users Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

lois doesn't have much faith in her husband

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

What an episode folks! What an opening, so many little nods, heart warming moments and throw backs, pacing amazing, unbelievable to think this is only episode 11, what a well crafted episode, def one for a rewatch! Hands down the best comicbook show I've seen in a long long time& I feel I've watched them all at this stage
    What I cant get over is how little praise there seems to be for it online? Is no one else watching this??

I think the problem is this comes when not only is there an over saturation of superhero media but also another spinoff of the Arrowverse.

I think Tyler Hoechlin has been great as both Clark and Superman and probably the best portrayal since Reeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

I think the problem is this comes when not only is there an over saturation of superhero media but also another spinoff of the Arrowverse.

I think Tyler Hoechlin has been great as both Clark and Superman and probably the best portrayal since Reeve.
    Totally agree!

You also have to take into account that this is a CW show. It will never get the viewership numbers of network TV or even similar superhero shows like The Boys.
    Last night, it only has around 800,000 live viewers, the highest viewed show in that Time slot was Americas got Talent with 6.7 million viewers followed by FBI with 3.4 million

So how long until someone new finds out Superman's identity as Clark? Jordan to tell Sarah?

This +100

"Back in the day" you had Lois & Clark and that was pretty much it for anything comic book related, the Batman TV series seems to have frightened everyone off. Now on CW alone you have Superman, Supergirl, Batwoman, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow with Black Lightening and Arrow just finished. On other platforms you have Lucifer, Titans, Doom Patrol and Sweet Tooth, that's a lot of DC content and it's before you look at the cartoon universe or consider the Marvel content. It's a great time to be a comic book nerd :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is this part of the Arrowverse? I know it's a spin-off technically, but has the show linked back with anything CW related?

I want to watch this, especially given the high praise but just don't have an appetite anymore for CW's superhero stable. And latter series of CW shows became so wedded to its own shared universe it made thing a little tedious to keep up with.

It's spun off from Supergirl but they haven't done anything to confirm it's part of that universe. Especially with the age of the boys and that there are 2 of them. Crisis could've affected that.
    I believe a future episode may connect them.
    Diggle is due to appear though don't know in what capacity. Could be an alternate version

• Advertisement

It's spun off from Supergirl but they haven't done anything to confirm it's part of that universe. Especially with the age of the boys and that there are 2 of them. Crisis could've affected that.
    I believe a future episode may connect them.
    Diggle is due to appear though don't know in what capacity. Could be an alternate version

It is part of the Arrowverse but like most of their shows sometimes continuity takes a back seat.
    Diggle is appearing in the next episode, he was in the promo. He won't be playing different character like in next week's Legends episode. He appeared in Batwoman which seemed like a pointless cameo at the time but it is leading to big character development for someone on Team Batwoman. He has a storyline within the shows where he is dealing with the affects of refusing the 'Job offer' that crash landed in front of him in the Arrow Finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The only thing that bugs me about this show is that nobody who knows Superman and also Clark as two separate entities can figure out that they are identical other than a pair of glasses.

Seriously though, if my wife walked into my bedroom with a pair of glasses on I wouldn’t jump out of bed, grab a blunt object, and threaten to hit her with it if she didn’t tell me who she was and why she was in my house! It would be obvious it’s my wife with glasses on.

Lois met Clark and fell in love with him and then she’s having a one on one conversation with him in a tv studio and she’s not at all realising the similarities.

It’s a fantastic show. That bit is just amusingly silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very good episode love the guy playing Perry White has now been in Smallville Supergirl and Superman & Lois only Superman & Lois as Perry though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

GSPfan wrote: »
    The only thing that bugs me about this show is that nobody who knows Superman and also Clark as two separate entities can figure out that they are identical other than a pair of glasses.

Seriously though, if my wife walked into my bedroom with a pair of glasses on I wouldn’t jump out of bed, grab a blunt object, and threaten to hit her with it if she didn’t tell me who she was and why she was in my house! It would be obvious it’s my wife with glasses on.

Lois met Clark and fell in love with him and then she’s having a one on one conversation with him in a tv studio and she’s not at all realising the similarities.

It’s a fantastic show. That bit is just amusingly silly.

in the original films you could buy it, in this show he doesnt even mess with his hair, as you say just the glasses.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    in the original films you could buy it, in this show he doesnt even mess with his hair, as you say just the glasses.

Yeah that’s the mad thing. He doesn’t change a single bit apart from the glasses.

Besides from the obvious people around him not knowing that he’s Superman, isn’t there software now that can scan a photo of you and search the internet to return all photos matching your face. It really isn’t possible anymore for his identity to be kept a secret. I would really like for them to expose his identity at some stage in this show to the public as I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen on tv or film. I’m really enjoying the fact he has kids. Adds something I haven’t seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It is his mannerisms too it always has been with the illusion the glasses are classic misdirection but the suit and tie make Clark look innocent and trustworthy an ordinary guy not capable of much more than being reliable.

It is his mannerisms too it always has been with the illusion the glasses are classic misdirection but the suit and tie make Clark look innocent and trustworthy an ordinary guy not capable of much more than being reliable.

Lets be honest…. For Lois (a world renowned reporter who has ample amounts of face time with both Clark and Superman) to not know they are the same person in any and all iterations is far fetched.

But….. Reeves Superman wore the suit and tie, kept his head down a lot and did this socially awkward buffoon act. The glasses were part of an act. The hair was different too. It was actually done very well when you think about it.

This Clark just wears glasses and acts a bit naive at times. Otherwise it’s the same guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it would be quite the leap to get from this to Superman

clark-kent-daily-planet-01%2B(609x640).jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

always found it interesting how they explained it in Smallville with Clark Kent being the disguise and Superman the real person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭corkie

Very good episode love the guy playing Perry White has now been in Smallville Supergirl and Superman & Lois only Superman & Lois as Perry though

MV5BMTg5NzcwNDk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzEwNDU3NjE@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    Paul Jarrett

Superman & Lois ~
    - A Brief Reminiscence In-Between Cataclysmic Events (2021) ... Perry White
    - Pilot (2021) ... Perry White
    Flash ~ - Attack on Central City (2017) ... General McNally
    SuperGirl ~ - In Plain Sight (2019) ... Nelson Stewart
    Smallville ~ - Upgrade (2010) ... Scientist

A string of other once of appearances in other shows. (legion, Stargate SG1)

Advertisement