Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman & Lois - The CW - US Pace - (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

silverharp wrote: »
    it would be quite the leap to get from this to Superman

clark-kent-daily-planet-01%2B(609x640).jpg

Reeve was probably the best Clark Kent, check out the way he changes his whole body, theres so much more to his transformation than just the glasses

supes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Is this show set on Earth Prime?

I read before the pilot aired that the producers said it takes place on an alternate Earth to the other shows but I recently watched the Infinite Crisis crossover and one of the final scenes has Lois tell Superman that he needs to get home to the boys.

I assume this means that the reboot of the Arrowverse resulted in Clark & Lois having children earlier in life.

Also, Superman sounded surprised at the mention of having more than one child - why was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,476 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Did everyone else find episode 13 really dark and washed out? Like anything in a bit of shadow or low light is just black

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Finally got around to giving this a whirl and impressed with the first episode; if only how little it resembled both boilerplate CW bland aesthetics and the channel's stable of superhero shows. The teenagers were a hat tip to the CW's style but the rest was solid and grounded without being too angsty either. I'd actually be disappointed if this does try to loop in the Arrowverse later cos it just wouldn't sit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The HBO influence was evident , it wasn't crap 😀

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I like the series but I find the lighting rather dark? Is that intentional or just my em source?

It's well acted. I feared it would be Dawson creek with super heroes but so far avoided that.

I'm on episode 11. The part where lana is taken over by his mother was a bit twee. Her dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,476 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What a cracking episode this week and that ending was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. Was sure Sarah would find out about Jordan.

So Jon's girl(whose name I can't remember)'s dad to turn up next season?

This has been a great first season. I just hope it doesn't go downhill like the other Arrowverse series that started off great before having big budget cuts.

I never figured out the logic behind cutting budgets for successful series like these and other shows. Of course I know it's because money. Want the highest profit at lowest cost.

Anyway, at least we get the finale next week and not going on another break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Great ending. Found the lana family drama annoying. Also the lois actress has too many overwrought scenes, she is way too emotional. My favourite lois actress is still Teri Hatcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have been thinking all season that something would happen to the boys, show has been excellent so far actually thought the Metropolis scenes were very well done the guy in the boardroom/office caught like a deer in the headlights had me chuckling.

Bitsie Tulloch was great in Grimm she is very different to the Lois from Smallville and most of the comics not as dynamic or conniving as the cartoon versions neither, she seems quite at home as wife and mother in this show. The pulitzer prize winning reporter doesn't seem like her neither its a fresh perspective of the character but definitely is a little strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jon's friend is called Tegan. And yeah either her Dad is a meta or she is. They wouldn't mention Central City unless they had future plans

Yeah or maybe it's just to name somewhere to move from. But the fact she also said he's in prison likely means a meta. I can never remember do real American cities exist in this universe like New York?

I think they exist but you just rarely see them mentioned in comics. Washington D.C would as the US president would be there,same as San Francisco which is usually where the Titans are located

• Registered Users Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

hard to see those boys as twins always thought the short haired one was older

Well the actor who plays Jonathan is 2 years older than Jordan's actor,so that's probably why you're thinking that

The emergency beacon the family has to call Superman seems a bit strange. Like I'm sure if Jon or Jordan called for help, Superman would hear them. It's not like Lois always had a beacon when she was constantly in danger. I know it's more of a "We lost the device so we can't call dad" thing but just seems strange.

Was trying to think when the quality dipped on the other series. Think Flash got a couple seasons and Arrow got 3 or 4. Legends went the other direction and had a poor first season and improved after before dipping again.

Wonder what characters they will bring in next season. The problem is they did a some of the Superman characters with Supergirl.

I think the purpose of the beacon is that it's easier for Clark to focus on it compared to trying to hear their voices from the million others he can hear all over the world. Regarding next season, I doubt Lex Luthor will show up. I doubt they would do Mongul as he's associated with Warworld and for a CW show, that would be too much CGI. They could go with Red Mist and The Invisible Mafia or even Rogol Zaar (who apparently was the real reason Krypton was destroyed), they have only been in the comics for last 2 years. Doomsday is too early for the show and I'd doubt they would bring in Zod after having Morgan Edge / Eradicator this season. Honestly it's going to be hard to get Superman villains who have not already shown up in Supergirl

Wasn't Zod the one who took over Kal?

• Advertisement

The Beacon seems to be a unique frequency for Superman to hear and zone in on, Sam Lane seems to have one so does Lois and the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't really complain about that finale. A great end to a great season. Hopefully they keep up that quality for season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Was really pleasantly surprised how good this season was when you look at the other CW shows and they are on a downward spiral for the last while.

Kind of hope this moves over to HBO Max for it's season season and gets the stink of the Arrowverse off it which now has had it's day.

Yeah I think the Arrowverse has run it's course so the sooner this goes to Max the better. Flash will probably end next season anyway along with Legends leaving just Batwoman, Stargirl and Naomi. One positive with moving to HBO Max along with higher budget, no more breaks throughout the Season which The CW is notorious for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm only at episode 3 but it makes such pains to distance itself from the Arrowverse, it's a shame it technically is part of that one. Tonally it's night and day, albeit still containing that CW melodrama.

Maybe the CW is looking to wind down the shared universe and quietly align the single shows away from each other. Similar to what the DC films are doing. I really can't see how this shares the same world as something so cheesy as Supergirl

Diggle making an appearance showed it's in the Arrowverse.

I assume Kara was still trapped in the Phantom Zone while all this was going on.

Great first season overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why the ominous music and worried face of lois?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Great show... disappointed with the last episode though..

• Advertisement

The first season of Supergirl. Oh wow lol, I had forgotten it was a standalone CBS show. That feels like an age ago.

Advertisement