Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My gaming graphics card isnt powering on

Options
  • 02-09-2020 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i recently bought a palit rtx 2080 super white limited edition and put it in with my other parts and all my other parts light up and work except the graphics card and im using a 750 watt power supply my 1070ti works in the rig but not the 2080

motherboard: asus x470 ROG crosshair

cpu: ryzen 5 3600

psu: 750 watts

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Being a dual-slot card, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti draws power from 2x 8-pin power connectors, with power draw rated at 250 W

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Maybe try it in another rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Xposurelol wrote: »
    i recently bought a palit rtx 2080 super white limited edition

Send it back and get a 3080.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

JoyPad wrote: »
    Send it back and get a 3080.

If the item is defective and your still within your return window this might be a good idea expecially considering the performance boost.

If your card isnt posting even with everything connected the card is likely defective anyways.

Advertisement