Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz/Blues band

Options
  • 02-09-2020 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Guitar/Bass player looking to start a Jazz and Blues band.

The idea is to have regular jam sessions for the craic and, COVID-19 allowing it, get a few gigs - more for fun than profit.

Don't care about age but I'm in my late 30's with plenty of years under my belt taking music as an hobby.

Ideally I'd find another guitar, drummer, bass player, singer, sax, fiddler, ...

Dublin based

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kevmck

Hey hows it going, im a bass player mid thirties.
    Would be up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dapotter

PMD

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Williamcon11

Hello just came across your ad i am a drummer experienced happy to rehearse serious nut a messer would love to hear from you own kit and transpory, regards
    billy

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dcarmo

That's great to hear Billy!

As long as we all understand that the main goal is really to have fun and play a bit together, I think everything will be grand!

I'll try to book something for the next week. Set list suggestions accepted. :D

Hi guys!

Sorry, "next week" came and went... Suggestions on the studio? Also, suggestion for some tunes?

Probably best way is for you to send me you number by PM and I'll create a WhatsApp group - it should make it easier to coordinate.

• Advertisement

Studio booked. Please reach out for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭52paddy

dcarmo wrote: »
    Studio booked. Please reach out for details.

Is this still going? Interested in blues and jazz standards. I'm a bluegrass and western swing mandolinist that could get through the standard jazz and blues repertoire reasonably enough.

Advertisement