Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FTTH Question

• 02-09-2020 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a house in a small estate (<30 houses) which currently has FTTC available with the cabinet at the entrance to the estate.

Next to the estate are some standalone cottages/houses which show as having FTTH available on the rollout map. These appear to be connected to the same cabinet as there is only one within any reasonable distance.

My question is, is FTTH rolled out in bulk and then made available to customers, or do customers need to ask for it and then it is installed to each property on demand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I'm looking to buy a house in a small estate (<30 houses) which currently has FTTC available with the cabinet at the entrance to the estate.

Next to the estate are some standalone cottages/houses which show as having FTTH available on the rollout map. These appear to be connected to the same cabinet as there is only one within any reasonable distance.

My question is, is FTTH rolled out in bulk and then made available to customers, or do customers need to ask for it and then it is installed to each property on demand?

As far as I know, if the town is part of the urban FTTH rollout by Eir, you may be able to get it, otherwise a lot of areas that can get FTTC wont be able to get FTTH.

Your best bet is to pop the eirocde in here https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail and it will tell you whats available.

My own estate for example 500m down the road is FTTH, the estate is FTTC but speeds are below 15MB for 90% of the houses due to distance so we are all part of the NBI rollout which will deliver FTTH within the next 7 years.

www.nbi.ie you can also check your eircode there if you receive speeds below 30Mb you should be on the rollout.

Advertisement