Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media issues

• 02-09-2020 11:50am
    Site Banned Posts: 5

My elderly mother had a UPC box which hadn’t been changed in a number of years. She asked for an upgrade to the new box. They gave it to her on a trial basis, and after a few days it started malfunctioning. First the phone went, then the TV and then the broadband. After days of waiting she finally got through to Virgin Media. They asked her 101 different questions and then didn’t come back to her. My brother then tried for three hours to fix the issue himself and became so infuriated he pulled the new box out and threw it against the wall.

The following day the installers came back to retrieve the equipment. They were told that standard corporate practice is to respond to complaints within 5 days and they didn’t do so, and that they would find what was left of their equipment at the top of the bin. They have now said that they will take the breaking of the box issue ‘further’ obviously worrying my mother.

I do not know all the details here but what should we do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The behavior of these service companies during this pandemic is disgraceful. We are paying same fees but their Helpdesk staff who are working from home are practically uncontactable. I been trying to contact virgin media now for past week and every day it becomes so infuriating I eventually just have to give up. There should be more attention brought to their terrible customer service, like there is with the banks whenever they mess up. And it’s not just VM, they are all fairly awful when you are trying to contact them.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 Raydoy234

How do I resolve these issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

You think It might have worked after the wall bashing. Is it a 90 euro fee for boxes.. Jst pay it get a 2nd box. Tell your brother stay away from the TV!

The service was disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

The brother has anger issues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Why were thay coming to take the eqipment away? Did you cancel the service? Otherwise you might be in a contract paying for a service that your now broken box can't provide

Yes she cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Joey321

You fill out a complains form on the VM site, everyone should do this that are having difficulties contacting them, someone should be back in touch within 10 working days but at least it will be logged with them, absolute joke of a company during this pandemic, there is no need for the complete drop off in service.

Advertisement