Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on moving plants

Options
  • 02-09-2020 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

ok planted 2 shrubs last year red baron imperial and cornus alba sibirius now i realise i planted both in the wrong place when is it suitable to lift and replant
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

November is a good time. It will give the roots all winter to settle into there new home. It can be done from November to March with out cause any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

As RA says, later in the year when the Cornus has lost its leaves will be the best time to move it, but to be honest its hard to kill a dogwood. The grass I am less informed about, but again the best time is probably early winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The Red Baron can be moved any time. Just take plenty of soil with the root ball.

Advertisement