Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage with bad credit first time buyer

• 02-09-2020 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all,

Perhaps I could get some advice from the boards community.

I missed approx 3 payments on a credit union loan, around 2 years ago. It was down to losing a job and being in a bad place financially.

However since then, I have not missed a payment, no arrears on the loan.

I have also secured a better paying job and have been saving ever since.

I am worried however that I will have bad credit as a result of this hiccup a few years ago.

If I do have bad credit as a result, is there any mortgage providers that would offer me a mortgage?

Just wondering about all this, as just beginning the process. Would appreciate any advice that people may have.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Have you checked your ICB and CCR reports?

I would start there.

As said above, you can get a credit check on the ICB website and hopefully you are in the clear.
    If not, you will likely have to wait 3 more years until it drops off your credit report.

Were you on an official payment break on the loan?
    Or were you just late paying each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Beeabell

Hi Guys

Quick question. am in the middle of a mortgage application and underwriter came back querying ICB report which shows i missed first Direct debit due to it not been set up in time. but i paid over the phone. will this go again me or does anyone know any banks that will look upon this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

No it should not go against you once you explain there was a problem with first D/D going through and that you paid it over the phone when it was brought to your attention.

Beeabell wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Quick question. am in the middle of a mortgage application and underwriter came back querying ICB report which shows i missed first Direct debit due to it not been set up in time. but i paid over the phone. will this go again me or does anyone know any banks that will look upon this

Advertisement