Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dining in the dark

Options
  • 02-09-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying tickets to the Dining in the Dark experience in Dublin and was wondering if anyone else has ever done it and if so, was it any good? Can't find any reviews about it online. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:Since you're getting lots of views but no replies here in the Food forum I'll move this to the Dublin City forum, it should do much better there. There will still be a link from here too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,092 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gemancy

I did a charity one in Cork a few years ago. It was fine. Not sure what to say about it really. I ate with a blindfold on. I mean I obviously can’t compare that experience to the challenges a visually impaired person experiences so can’t say it was life changing in that respect. It was a night out. It’s a good thing to do to support an excellent charity. Sure what’s stopping you from giving it a go?

Apologies for being of absolutely zero help at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

odyssey06 wrote: »

That's really helpful, thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Great experience. I did it with a few friends a few years ago & we've been meaning to do it again. It's for a great cause. It was mainly a fish based dinner when we did it & from what I heard from other people who have done it, fish seems to be the main menu for Dine in the Dark although there was other food for the starter as well (sorry I can't remember what the starter was now). Dessert was a few different small desserts similar to what you get at weddings. The waitress took photos and a video of us while we were blindfolded on one of our phones and it's still funny looking back at it. I'd highly recommend doing it at least once for the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 deep_dish

Sounds fun. I went to one in Berlin before but there were no blindfolds, the entire room was pitch dark and all of the waiters/waitresses were blind or partially blind - it was really cool.

Advertisement