Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Electricity Meter

Options
  • 01-09-2020 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have a smart meter since March. Why does the meter reader still call? Am I missing something. We always miss him anyway which is a little inconvenient.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭md23040

I was asking the meter reader about the installation of the new smart meters and they are way behind schedule due to software issues within the meters.

I can’t wait for smart meters because it will allow for agile electricity tariffs such as in the UK with Octupus Energy, where you can get paid 2c+ per kWh to use Electricty at night time as a result of the grid dumping electricity from wind turbines etc. These companies allow you to connect your electrical devices such as washing machine, tumble dryer, Electric Car via Alexa etc to take advantage of these fluctuations. Even better a large battery to store all the electricity for future use. Last year in Ireland there were over 70 negative price events that occur mostly at night. Agile tariffs overall are demand led and much cheaper with price caps for times when its unrealistically high per kWh The price of battery for residential use has been dropping like a bucket over the last number of years and the capacity increasing..

https://www.current-news.co.uk/news/octopus-energy-embraces-negative-pricing-with-plunge-tariff

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Moving posts to a more suited forum

Advertisement