Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belle 150 / Honda GHX50 Cement Mixer Problems

Options
  • 02-09-2020 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Guys;

I am having issues with an old Belle cement Mixer with a Honda GHX50 engine.

This has been parked up for a few years.

A few weeks back when I try to start it I noticed a leak in the Carb float tank.

So I purchased a new Carb and Air Filter and associated gaskets. So, after fitting them I run the engine for a few hours the engine runs very rough revving uncontrollably.

So then it stops dead and won’t start again; then I found I have no spark so I get a new spark plug and ignition coil. (Installed as per the manual i.e. recommended air gap for armature etc.)
    Again runs for about an hour and then cuts out; Would only run this time but will only run when the Choke is on.

Having had a look through some Youtube videos this symptom is usually attributed to a dirty carb but we have only just installed a brand new one so surely it cant be dirty already its only been running 5 hours Max.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated

Advertisement