Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steakhouse

Options
  • 02-09-2020 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I’m looking for a bit of help here.

I’ve tried googling a good bit and can’t find many options on getting a good steak in Cork City.

The two main places that are coming up are Strasbourg Goose and Cornstore, any recommendations other than these or are these the best 2?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The best I ever had in Cork was in Rossini's; though it was a good while back so can't comment on it now. Elbow Lane is a good option if you can get in the door. Cafe Nosta could be another, I know their their Pirzola / lamb chops are great anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

It's a shame that Holy Smoke is still closed (they do takeaway) as their steaks are gorgeous. Liberty Grill are apparently good but never tried myself

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I second all the options presented thus far, and would add that I never got a steak in Electric that was anything other than perfectly cooked and very flavoursome. It's a cracking spot generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Not city centre but The Wilton Pub and Restaurant and Kilumney Inn also do very good steaks, though not fully sure if theyre both open again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

bingo9999 wrote: »
    Not city centre but The Wilton Pub and Restaurant and Kilumney Inn also do very good steaks, though not fully sure if theyre both open again

The WIlton is open, yes. Good steak there, right enough - they started doing that steak-on-a-stone thing a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Elbow Lane has the best steak in the city in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Tried one in the Cornstore recently....was only OK.

And it was completely on it's own too, no mushrooms, no onion etc, you had to order every other piece as a side.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrpdap

pwurple wrote: »
    Agreed, simply the best.
    Also, you don’t need to go to a ‘steakhouse’ to get a great steak. I’ve had superb steaks in Jacques.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

pwurple wrote: »

+1. Fantastic steak in here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

jimgoose wrote: »
    The WIlton is open, yes. Good steak there, right enough - they started doing that steak-on-a-stone thing a few years ago.

Are you sure the wilton is open? I was told it was still shut and I passed it at about 3pm last Saturday and it looked in darkness.
    Very strange if it is still shut, it was always more of a restaurant than a bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's been a while since I was in SoHo but their steak was great too. Not sure if they're still doing that hot-stone thing where you can cook your own or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

It's been a while since I was in SoHo but their steak was great too. Not sure if they're still doing that hot-stone thing where you can cook your own or not.

The one where they charge you a small fortune for a steak, then make you cook it yourself? I never understood the fascination with that.

Back on topic,
    The Wilton is back open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

I'd have to go with Elbow Lane! Unbelievable steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

.red. wrote: »
    The one where they charge you a small fortune for a steak, then make you cook it yourself? I never understood the fascination with that.

Back on topic,
    The Wilton is back open again.

I liked steak on a stone the one time I tried it, and that could fully be the novelty factor - but something nice about seeing your slice sizzle to just the amount of red that you like and whipping it into your gob hot and charred.

Advertisement