Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Lineker houses refugee

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

AllForIt wrote: »
    World renowned average football player Gary Lineker has 'announced' he's going to house a refugee.

Gary Lineker who is on a salary at the BBC that makes old people in the UK cry not least because they can't afford the annual licence fee, has not given any indication as to how long he is going to house the refugee for.

Neither has he indicated if this is a one-off occurrence of if he intends to take in multiple refugee's, whether he'll take them singularly or in groups, or for how long. I think he could take in a few at the same time, as his garage is bigger than my apartment.

Has there ever been a better argument to defund the BBC. Own goal if you ask me.

I think he should be sacked immediately for this politicking.

https://news.sky.com/story/gary-lineker-reportedly-set-to-welcome-a-refugee-to-live-in-his-home-12062112

edit: added source

Cry more.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

kenmm wrote: »
    It's all about the ego trip, not the football.

Couldn't care less what it's about. If in the first sentence a blatant falsehood has been put forward then the rest of the post is probably gonna be nonsense as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Another day, yet another wailing right wing outrage thread about nothing.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

To be honest while some criticise him for virtue signalling I think it's great that he's putting his money where his mouth is

So many celebrities bang on about refugees and asylum seekers but actually do very little about these topics and just use them to get more likes and followers

Opening his home to a refugee shows that this is an issue he genuinely feels strongly about, good luck to him and the refugee

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Barcelona who finished 2nd, 6th and 2nd while he was there. They were in a rut while Lineker was there. Cruyff came back in 88 and built the dream team.

The dream team that got absolutely murdered by Milan in the only Champions League final they got to?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Chudwick Boseman

JK Rowling should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

kenmm wrote: »
    It's all about the ego trip, not the football.

There will always be people who view things of this nature this way. And, in every single case i've come across, it speaks volumes about the person with these views.

It's always the most angry, the most bitter and sad individuals who must take an instance of someone doing a good thing and attribute some of their own bitterness to it.

Why? Because they would be unable to do a nice thing for anyone without an ulterior motive attached themselves.

I feel sorry for these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lineker: The government's handling of the refugee crisis is not satisfactory

Right Wing: Oh yeah? I don't see you taking in refugees!

Lineker: I'm actually taking one in.

Right Wing: SACK HIM!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Agreed, Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement